Stupid post made on the UG thread

ChaosOverkill -
panthonyjr - I remember Hughes beating GSP in his prime. No? UFC 50 or so? Phone Post 3.0

How is a fighter in his prime 2 years after going pro?

Beating someone as great as gsp means he was def. In his prime. His prime lastrd a long time, doesnt matter if it was 2 years in, even gsp said he was so intimaded the first time they fought cuz it was Matt Hughes. A legend. Phone Post

Motivated Penn -
MasterofMartialArts - LOL. What a unintelligent post. If Matt Hughes was in his prime today, he would be number 2 in the division, at the VERY least, if not the dominating champ. Phone Post 3.0

Right...
What a lovely argument you have... Phone Post 3.0

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -
MasterofMartialArts -
Rudi -
MasterofMartialArts - LOL. What a unintelligent post. If Matt Hughes was in his prime today, he would be number 2 in the division, at the VERY least, if not the dominating champ. Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ Dominating champ. Dominating who? Not GSP. Phone Post

I guess you missed the part where I said number 2 at the very least....and you do realize he did sub GSP in their first fight right? I'm not saying he would always dominate GSP (GSP won 2x), but its not like he never did or couldn't have beat GSP in his prime. Hell, when GSP beat him you could argue he was at the tail end of his career. Phone Post 3.0
It's funny how many guys careers do 180's after fighting gsp.

No one is ever the same. Phone Post 3.0
So he was gonna be in his prime forever? The dude already had 45 fights under his belt and half of those were in the UFC. He also had been fighting as a pro for 8 years (since 98). If GSP was the man to put him
on the decline, so be it. That was GSPs time to be champ, a time when he was the most dangerous guy in the division, Phone Post 3.0

Haadogei - It's true, he would have trouble competing at a top 20 level today.

A lot of the old fans don't really notice the growth of the sport that closely. The modern skill level, specifically around LW and WW, has grown immensely since the Hughes era. The athleticism, speed, strength, conditioning, versatility, etc is light years better now than it was back then. The talent pool is probably 10 times larger today as well.

The UG puts every guy from 2005 and earlier on this weird pedestal. The old school guys were pioneers but let's stop with how they were all these unbeatable gods.

Don't you guys see these fights like Rory MacDonald v Penn, Jones v Shogun, Cain v Big Nog, Cormier v Barnett etc. That was not old age you were seeing - it was evolution.

Sure he tooled GSP, BJ & Royce but yea, he was a stiff. LMFAO

Where TF do these guys come from Spock?

Look I've argued with the OP, who is a friend about the evolution of the sport yes (saying it has evolved greatly).

If your looking to discredit legends posters though:

A: You just just don't understand WTF these legends were made of.
B: you just don't know shit about the sport.

I'm convinced Haadogei is a genius. 

I don't believe for one second he believes what we read from him, I think he's got a great angle, pretend you believe a stupid idea that you don't, make points that leave major holes to dispute what you think he "believes".

For example on my Jones vs current top 10 hw's thread, he said that Pride guys from 2005 and after aren't successful b/c of evolution of the sport. He then uses how the MW division in UFC is deep. 

Get it? UFC division example is one who the champion is a former Pride fighter pre-2005, and #1p4p current best.

He then pretends that the evoltion of the sport is proven with match ups like  Rory MacDonald v Penn, Jones v Shogun, Cain v Big Nog, Cormier v Barnett etc. That was not old age you were seeing - it was evolution. 

Penn was on his 22nd UFC fight, against a guy in his 6th.

Shogun had 8years of fighting wear/tear, Jones had 3 at the time they fought

It's the same pattern with Cain/Nog, DC/Barnett. Young and on the come up, vs old and on their way out.

The guy is a genius. He proves the same point as I do, but pretends he's on the other side, but makes better arguments for my side than I could.

You know who would get fucking smoked at today's Mundials?
1930's Helio Gracie. I mean can you tell me who he beat?
Those guys all sound like they suck. Phone Post

I'm at kits beac playing ball but all I'm gonna say is Royce was lucky to draw a 145 tokoro before he fought Hughes. Bj owned Hughes twice and was on route before he injures his rib and basically became carwin to matt Hughes Brock. Sean sherk cannot even crack the top 15 at lightweight in 2013. Carlos newton choked Hughes out in the first fight. Green saint Pierre wouldnt be top 15 at welterweight either. Sakurai came in fresh off a car accident. Rear naked trigg would crush Hughes n a third fight. That's all for now :) Phone Post

I hope he's better at b-ball than trying to justify Matt Hughes not being top 15 at ww in his prime. He's shooting an airball with his views on this.

Neil McCauley - I'm at kits beac playing ball but all I'm gonna say is Royce was lucky to draw a 145 tokoro before he fought Hughes. Bj owned Hughes twice and was on route before he injures his rib and basically became carwin to matt Hughes Brock. Sean sherk cannot even crack the top 15 at lightweight in 2013. Carlos newton choked Hughes out in the first fight. Green saint Pierre wouldnt be top 15 at welterweight either. Sakurai came in fresh off a car accident. Rear naked trigg would crush Hughes n a third fight. That's all for now :) Phone Post

Oh. I get it, you're trolling. Nevermind then, carry on. Phone Post

YukiNakai'sEye -
MasterofMartialArts - LOL. What a unintelligent post. If Matt Hughes was in his prime today, he would be number 2 in the division, at the VERY least, if not the dominating champ. Phone Post 3.0
That is equally as stupid. Phone Post 3.0
You sound just as stupid telling me I sound stupid for at least contributing something to this thread...do you not have more to offer? Cause if not, that makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

EvilMaster - Matt Hughes is a true fighter. You either are a true fighter, or you aren't a true fighter. It isn't something that can be taught, you are just born that way.

If Matt was in his prime today, that would mean that he would be training up to todays standards. So, just like he dominated in his day, with the training standards of that day. He would do the same today.

imo.

That's probably the most intelligent thing I've ever seen you post.

For everyone saying that his skills wouldn't be good enough now, that's a bullshit argument. He beat GSP the first fight. GSP evolved and got better for the second fight, just like Hughes would have if he was a couple years away from his prime. (Not on the downturn) Phone Post

There's a couple guys in the top 10 who I think Hughes could beat for sure.

ChaosOverkill -
panthonyjr - I remember Hughes beating GSP in his prime. No? UFC 50 or so? Phone Post 3.0

How is a fighter in his prime 2 years after going pro?

The fighters I know didn't go pro till they were at the too of their game. Your armature career is all about getting your experience to be a competitive professional. Maybe he wasn't in his prime in UFC 50, but he was surely no rookie and he defeated GSP. Phone Post 3.0

FrateCart - I might possible have the fastest 66+ votedowns in history due to my Not so thought through title few days back lol.

Sounds like you're trying to get this thread back on track.

What was your thread title?