Stupid Question - shirt or no shirt under your gi?

Philip Proctor -

Did Kano wear a rashguard? Carlos? Helio?

No, but they were smelly and gross ewwwwwwww!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Wtf has happened Phone Post 3.0

no tshirt ever. Rashgaurd ok, but a rashguard should be fit fairly tight.

Our gym does require the rashguard under the gi nowadays. Took me a little while to get used to it.

I always wear a rash guard under my gi. I don't understand why so many tournaments don't allow it. Phone Post 3.0

I'm fat and sometimes have a hairy chest. I shave it most times. Never wear anything under gi. I like the feel of my tummy jiggling on your face when I'm north south.

First day I trained a dude kept rubbing his nipple on my face/mouth. That was the day I knew bjj was for me.

There was a guy at my current gym who named his hairy chest. he called it "aunt mimi" lol Phone Post 3.0

I always wear rash guards under my gis Phone Post 3.0

things to see people to do - I'm fat and sometimes have a hairy chest. I shave it most times. Never wear anything under gi. I like the feel of my tummy jiggling on your face when I'm north south.

First day I trained a dude kept rubbing his nipple on my face/mouth. That was the day I knew bjj was for me.

There was a guy at my current gym who named his hairy chest. he called it "aunt mimi" lol Phone Post 3.0
I hope this is a joke Phone Post 3.0

TexDeuce -
things to see people to do - I'm fat and sometimes have a hairy chest. I shave it most times. Never wear anything under gi. I like the feel of my tummy jiggling on your face when I'm north south.

I hope this is a joke Phone Post 3.0
Which part? And no no joke to any of it. Well I actually don't lay my tummy on people's faces, I drive my shoulder into their chest and neck Phone Post 3.0

I hate wearing anything underneath my gi. I hate when other people wear tshirts under their gis. Rashguards I dont mind but still, my fingers and grips get caught in them when I reach for the collar to grab sometimes. 

I prefer my training partners to not wear anything underneath their gis. Except if their fucking fat as fuck and really hairy. Then I prefer them to wear a rashguard. 

I dont wear anything under my gi but i dont care if anyone else is or isnt.. When i go over to the U to train we are required to wear a rashguard.. I hate it but its Saulo and Xandes Gym not mine so I follow the rules..

Wore a rash guard under the gi for about 3 years, then realized it was just another pointless thing to buy/wash/remember/pack etc.

Been shirtless underneath for over 2 years now and I'd never go back.

(Btw, never had ringworm and had staph on my knee once.) Phone Post 3.0

Ed Beneville -

No shirt unless it's cold, then rashguard.

Me too!

And I have a hair chest! Phone Post 3.0

Rash guard always

Hygiene Phone Post 3.0

kennyfrommd - I don't usually wear a shirt under my gi. I'm there to fucking train and I don't care about sweat, or momentarily touching someone's "icky" belly.

If skin touching you is that gross, you picked the wrong hobby. Like, if this is a legitimate problem for you, I don't even know what to say. The Internet exaggerates every minor issue beyond belief. Phone Post 3.0
Finally, a voice of sanity Phone Post 3.0

Team no shirt. This ain't ballet Phone Post 3.0

It's no shirt or go fuck your mother Phone Post 3.0

Not a fan of the shirt.
18 years in and i can't believe this is an issue now. Phone Post 3.0

They should make a hairy chest rashguard. Phone Post 3.0

BigWave Dave - Team no shirt. This ain't ballet Phone Post 3.0
What does ballet have to do with it? Phone Post 3.0

No shirt under Gi. If you think the shirt acts as some kind of sweat cleaning filter LOL. I understand why Gracie Barra does it from a business point of view. Probably a good idea in that respect Phone Post 3.0