Sylvia situation...

Brett, I agree. Sylvia deserves another chance, but only after he gets someone like Rubber Raw to explain how long certain steroids will last and what drugs he can take to cover it up for the test results. I also don't feel sorry for the guy since he brought this all on himself, especially since it appears he also lied about it recently.

Team Miletich should certainly invest in someone like Shiloh McIver for this very reason, plenty of other athletes in other sports have done the same with great results.

Shiloh didn't get 18 Inch Python Guns on a natural bodybuilding routine.

ttt

I think Arlovski should have gotten the belt for his fight against Cabbage.

How is his wait any different than Chuck having to chase Tito?

Striker...here is some truth for you to swallow.You do not know what happened.You cannot argue against that point. I am 100% correct when I make that statement. You DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.There is a good reason why fighters often talk about keyboard warriors and punks on the internet. Sure, that is a generalization, but it has a solid base of truth from which it is formed. It mimicks the scenario with guys in bars where women who go out to bars will say "All guys are assholes". The truth is that the LOUDEST guys are assholes. 90% of the guys that go to bars sit in the corner and don't say anything. The loud asshole guys hit on the women and treat them like shit. Thus, those women don't get to experience interacting with the quiet non-assholes who make up 90% of the guys in the bar.Much like that, 10% of people on the underground fly off the handle and show so much disrespect toward people like Monty and Tim. Your actions ruin this place for the rest of us. I understand the use of steroids makes some fans emotional. I understand that you get flat pissed off about it. But directing ALL of that anger toward Tim and Monte is ridiculous. More than that, doing so is also irresponsible.Lucky for you, you are just some dude on a computer. If you were actually in charge of the UFC, or if you were a figher, or a fighter manager, or were somehow in the spotlight...and you maintained this degree of irresponsiblity driven by your emotions.... holy hell, you would receive 10x more flack for your actions.Why is MMA so cool...yet the loudest fans in MMA are so lame sometimes? I'm sure that you guys really feel that you have a point, but What are you doing in this thread? What is your point here? What is the result that you are aiming for?Nevermind your theories on steroid depletion over a given time span. You're not a damn sports doctor...and even doctors are often wrong, so it wouldn't matter even if you were a doctor. You are placing WAY too much weight upon your "facts" on steroid use.and I'll repeat again...YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED with Tim Sylvia and this whole steroid ordeal.People really suck sometimes.

TheAx, I can understand you getting emotional and angry about this whole thing -- and it certainly shows in your post-- but I am not upset at all. I am also not typing in all caps like you are either, so maybe you are the one who needs to calm down and realize that being asked to back up contradictory statements isn't the end of the world.

And of course I don't know what happened, which is why I asked for an explanation in the first place. There are far too many things that don't up add and/or directly contradict one another.

I don't understand why you are getting so upset at me for asking questions based on statements made by the fighter in question, unless you are just upset about the whole situation Sylvia brought on himself and think you are "supporting the sport" by attacking anyone not rolling over and accepting the newest version of events without question.

And as far as me "ruining this place," LMAO. I guess from the perspective of someone not wanting to actually explain what happened or have the truth come out, then I am ruining this place.

"But directing ALL of that anger toward Tim and Monte is ridiculous. More than that, doing so is also irresponsible."

Who says I am angry? You seem to be the only angry one so far on this thread.

"Lucky for you, you are just some dude on a computer.If you were actually in charge of the UFC, or if you were a figher, or a fighter manager, or were somehow in the spotlight...and you maintained this degree of irresponsiblity driven by your emotions.... holy hell, you would receive 10x more flack for your actions."

"Irresponsiblity driven by your emotions" consists of asking why a fighter claimed he didn't take a test when he really did? No, I am being pretty calm here, the only one I see being driven by emotions is you and anyone else who thinks asking positions to be clarified "hurts the sport" or "ruins the forum." And your definition of being "responsible" seems to be not questioning possible lying and allowing it to get swept under the rug. How responsible.

If you fly off the handle on a thread like this, people like you are going to start having heart attacks from rage and stress if this sport ever gets big enough where traditional media types start covering it.

"I'm sure that you guys really feel that you have a point, but What are you doing in this thread? What is your point here? What is the result that you are aiming for?"

The truth. Maybe that is something you don't care about, but some fans do. Like I said, I don't give a shit about steroids, but the real fans of the sport don't deserve to apparently be lied to and then get attacked for daring to ask about it.

"Nevermind your theories on steroid depletion over a given time span. You're not a damn sports doctor...and even doctors are often wrong, so it wouldn't matter even if you were a doctor. You are placing WAY too much weight upon your "facts" on steroid use."

LMAO

They aren't my theories at all. I copied and pasted them off the Fightsport blog, which I clearly stated. I have also talked to forum member rubber raw, who I guarantee knows more about steroids than you ever will and he pretty much seems to agree that Winstrol would have been out long before if he really had not been cylcing again. The truth about steroids sure seems to make certain people emotional and defensive.

"and I'll repeat again...YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED with Tim Sylvia and this whole steroid ordeal."

Yeah, but I do know Tim has tested positive before, he didn't fight on Friday night because of a steroid test, and he claimed he never took a test before Friday in an interview. So I do know that much happened and I tried to find out more, but for some reason no one wants to talk other than to attack me for hurting the sport and ruining the forum.

"LOL @ everyone calling Sylvia a cheater and getting on his ass. Ok
guys you are all right, Tim is the only one in MMA that hos done
steriods.

Luckily no one else that has stepped foot in the cage ever did roids."

How did he get caught when most users bring in a clean sample? The
testing facility doesn't watch these guys pee, they go into a room and
come out with a sample of their little brothers pee they brought in a
bag or vial.

Honestly I think the situation, while a bummer right now, works out much better for Tim. Mir is a much easier fight than Arlovski.

Yeah, Sylvia will beat Mir down pretty brutally, but Arlovski is a tough fight for anyone.

BTW, Muaythaidaddy, we definitely agree. Baroni should have been suspended at least a year, I would have even thought about banning him for life. Steroids is one thing, punching a ref in the face repeatedly is just horrible. Baroni didn't even really get punished for what he did, he probably would have taken this time off inbetween fights anyway.

Good job punching holes in Cocks' bullshit story striker. promoter seems to think everyone is as gullible as he is.

ees alotta boolsheet

I have this funny thing where I like to know the truth and don't appreciate being told the untruth.

Sounds like Striker has the same problem.

Is he fighting Mir in JUne?

Striker18--again, agree with what you type. I am thoroughly confused though--you were jumping on me for posts on that other thread with Saucy on Sunday (can't recall which one)--yet we seem to be in agremeent. You have a split personality? (that's a joke--but I am confused by the turns your posts take).

i cant get all this straight but me and my friends drove out to vegas REALLY looking forward to sylvia-arlovski... personally i was pulling for sylvia and HUGELY disappointed when he couldnt fight.

I think it would have been a great fight. I wonder what Tim thought about Arlovski's TKO

"Honestly I think the situation, while a bummer right now, works out much better for Tim. Mir is a much easier fight than Arlovski"

So true. Arlovski is a beast.