Sylvia to leave UFC

Wow, so that's most likely the end of his career.  Oh well, was good while it lasted Tim.  Would really suck if he goes to a lesser org vs. a lesser fighter and loses.  Hopefully he can string together some wins and come back to the UFC.

He's obviously not a sell with the fans so I can't say it'll hurt the UFC much or help whatever org he does sign with.  Going where the best money is at is one thing but that's a huge risk, especially if he's counting on M-1 to actually do something.  Maybe he realized he'd never be champ again so why hang around the UFC only to lose if you can go to a startup org and make some easy cash fighting cans.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Tim assuming all this is true.

I think it is funny that he only had like 5 of his 24 wins go the full rounds but everyone thinks he is boring.

I will agree that some of his fights are not worth watching and can make the most die hard fan sleep.

ttt

He's not leaving , the big announcement is he will be auctioning off the underwear he wore for the Ausserio silva fight.

Sylvia may not be the most exciting fighter around, but the UFC HW division is too thin to lose him unless they are planning a big signing. Also, he is a decent sized feather in the cap of the UFC's rivals; Considering the guys on the market (Fedor, Barnett, Sergei, Monson, Hunt, and now Sylvia), it wouldn't be that improbable for someone to put together a better heavyweight division than the UFC.

"Arlovski/Sylvia 1 and his fights against Couture, Nog, and Mir all had something I enjoyed."

I think the "something you enjoyed" was Tim losing and then acting like a douche in the post fight interview.

You can make your own Tim Sylvia interview using the following format:

"You know, I hurt my (knee/back/arm/duodenum), and that's why (lost a decision/got my arm broken/got choked out/had my leg nearly ripped off)"

YESSSSSS, this is great news! The most boring fighter in the division is packing it in.

"You can make your own Tim Sylvia interview using the following format:

"You know, I hurt my (knee/back/arm/duodenum), and that's why (lost a decision/got my arm broken/got choked out/had my leg nearly ripped off)"

LOL, Tim's got unfinished business. You know, getting your arm snapped in half by Mir was really less than the definitive finish Tim desires in his fights.

BTW, you forgot "I can't wait to fight (insert name of fighter here) so I can knock his ass out" - which is a comment invariably made after a boring, 5 round decision fight.

"I think it is funny that he only had like 5 of his 24 wins go the full rounds but everyone thinks he is boring."

Exactly, especially when several of those boring fights were definitely at least as much the fault of his opponent (Arlovski and his shadowboxing, Vera and his clinching at the opening bell, etc).

Bottom line is that Tim IS NOT a draw. He doesn't sell PPVs. So for him to be pissed that a guy like Lesnar makes more money that him is just stupid. Maybe if he didn't have suck a stupid hair cut or bad beard thing and actually didn't act like a dumbass in interviews etc...he would have been popular. Popularity + winning is what makes you money. He's not bad in the winning area.

Well, if someone else is willing to pay more then all the power to him. I wont miss his boring fights though.

"I think it is funny that he only had like 5 of his 24 wins go the full rounds but everyone thinks he is boring."

Its not just his finishing percentage that makes him unpopular, its the fact that he looks so awkward and clumsy even when he does get the finish. This isnt really his fault, he uses his natural advantages of size and reach but unfortunately for him he will never have an aesthetically pleasing style. The fact that he often fights for decisions just exacerbates this problem.

where is Sylvia going to go? over to Battleship to fight for Monte?

if he leaves the UFC he'll regret it

I would enjoy watching Sylvia fight:  Fedor, Barnett, Aleks, Sergei, Overeem, etc.

Sylvia needed a fresh start anyway, good for him. Hopefully he can gain
some interest back in another org.

"He is one of the most "unbeatable" HW's in the world, true. But that is due to his freakish size not because of his talent."

That explains why all the other big guys, some of them bigger than he is -- Gan McGee, Semmy Schilt, L.A. Giant, Giant Silva, James Thompson, etc -- have had as much success as he has.

"nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, goodbye"

Gayest post ever.

doubtful but LMAO if Dana signed Fedor then wouldn't let Tim or Randy come back to fight him.

"the UFC should just close the division forever."

Agreed. The UFC HW division is a joke. There's Nog and nobody else.

Replace that with "The HW devision is a joke".

I find it to be where many of the most boring fights happen. Sure, Fedor is exciting, and Randy vs big Tim was crazy, but for the most part HW fights kind of suck.

I'd much rather watch LHW, MW and WW fight anyday.

People on here were bitching that UFC 83 had no HW fights on the card. I was happy about that. Last thing I needed to watch was a dull 3 round decision with two guy who are gassed after 2 minutes.