Sylvia versus Monson? Serious?

This is probobly one of the last fights anyone who can call themselves a legit fan of this sport wants to see.

If this fight ever takes place, and ends up being a headliner, I think Zuffa should sell the PPV for $9.95, no more.

If monson ever makes the main card again, I will not buy the PPV. It was frustrating to sit through that match knowing all the good fights that weren't going to make the PPV.

Monson isn't exactly championship material.

I could be wrong though.

Tim, for a good MMA fighter, is weak on the ground.

Jeff, for a HW is very short. He could not stand with Tim.

It's actually a little interesting because of these factors. Tim could maybe just easily KO Jeff but Jeff could also perhaps easily take it to the ground.

not a fan of monson as a fighter or person, but I think he's a horrible match up for sylvia... he has enough stand up to stay out of trouble and would absolutely own tim on the ground... I'd go large on him with the right price...

he'd be a horrible champ though... I'd think dana would want to avoid that possibility...

Jeff couldn't easily take PDP to the ground and Tim is probably a better wrestler than PDP (and much stronger as well).

"he has enough stand up to stay out of trouble"

He was punched in the face all night long by PDP, who does not have Tim's reach and is about 1000x worse than Tim standing.

tims already crushed ricco whos a bigger, better monson

wrong weight class IMO, he'd be dwarfed in there

Igor... Think Igor, he's 5 9, and did well early, but the size difference just proved to much in the end.

I'd be interested just to see how the fight would go

would monson be able to take sylvia down?

how would sylvia do on the ground?

could monson take sylvia's punches?

but other than that factor, fuck it

I mean especially for a headliner championship match

ricco ended up with his jaw on the back of his head trying to take down sylvia

I see the haters are still trying to do everything in their power to keep Jeff down. Let's see, "I don't agree with a man's political beliefs, so he should not be allowed to fight on TV" LOL at people upset because someone does not agree with them.

Monson will get KTFO

"I see the haters are still trying to do everything in their power to keep Jeff down"

pull the panties out of your ass... this thread isnt political at all

"I see the haters are still trying to do everything in their power to keep Jeff down. Let's see, "I don't agree with a man's political beliefs, so he should not be allowed to fight on TV" LOL at people upset because someone does not agree with them."

LOL Dude, shut up. Who said he shouldn't be allowed to be on tv because of his beliefs? Nobody. The fact is that Monson would have very little chance against Sylvia and is not a very exciting fighter. This is why many would not want to see this fight. Sorry. It's just the way it is. It would be a complete waste of a main event.

I'd say he'd be better off at LHW, but the reasoning behind Chuck destroying him was that he couldn't handle the cut. If this dude is serious about being an mma champion, he better drop some muscle because he has no chance at hw.

"LOL Dude, shut up. Who said he shouldn't be allowed to be on tv because of his beliefs? Nobody."

Yeah, I was gonna say....

"Let's see, "I don't agree with a man's political beliefs, so he should not be allowed to fight on TV" LOL at people upset because someone does not agree with them."

You're the first one to mention his politics, kneejerk.

I think his politics are execrable. I think him fighting Tim would be interesting.

Monson has very little chance of winning that fight IMO.

Pride had Shoji vs. Schilt. Shoji got a takedown, but eventually got ko'd pretty badly.

attjack has corrected the unpredictability.