Tale of the tape gsp Mac Gregor

GSP destroys Conor. Submission Rd 2.....

MMA MELEE -
Southpaw76 -
Bobby Lupo -

I think those heights are inflated, but, GSP is a 185lb man and Conor is a 165lb man. 

I'm only interested in the striking portion of this. GSP had developed the best jab in MMA. Conor being a lefty makes the GSP's left jab less effective. GSP would have to go right hand heavy, and that didn't work out so great against Hendricks, who got the better of GSP, but has completely fallen apart in the last 3 years. 

35-Year-Old GSP isn't going to look like the guy who destroyed Trigg, and Penn in the rematch. 

Conor might hit him so hard, he'll be seeing aliens again.

None of that matters. Did you see hendricks tdd last night? Truly elite, that of an ncaa champion. The one thing, the ONLY thing that matters is if gsp still has an explosive takedown. If its even at 50% he takes conor down with ease and batters him
GSP is still young...trains smart, i believe he can do another 3 or 6-7 fights and still look the same. Look how dom came back after being out 4 years and all those injuries....gsp has just been staying fit
But Dom is younger and doesn’t do all of the explosive training that GSP. All that gymnastics stuff is good but it's hard on the body.

GSP talking about 155 says a lot about the 2017 version of GSP. 

As far as GSP's mental fragility: he hero-worshipped Hughes and that led to a submission loss, he got KTFO by Serra and changed his style from overwhelming power wrestler to takedown point fighter or just a jabber content to win via decision instead of taking any chances. GSP had Hardy on the ground for 5 rounds and couldn't submit a guy with very, very limited grappling (Conor is Rickson compared to Hardy then), so he abandoned the sub game and blanketed him. GSP had his first close, tough fight since BJ Penn 1 against Hendricks, and he bailed on the sport completely. 

Post knee injury GSP was a far cry from prime GSP, the man I consider to be the best MMA fighter to ever compete. He lacked explosiveness, he was very hittable, he took a lot of clean headshots, he fought timidly at times, he quit on the sport and his title. 

Now, he's 35, hasn't fought in 3 years since Hendricks (who has been anything but impressive since) made him look human, and he's talking about being able to make 155. This doesn't sound promising. 

I hope we get darkside gsp.