TapouT sold? end of an era

Hey guys. Adam Lawman of MMAPrime.TV here...

Just UPDATED the story with some clarification of the status of the report.

Thanks to everyone who appreciates the info, since it was to make fans of MMA aware of this new and intriguing development.

Thanks Nanook for the kind words and explanation of the journalistic competition.

UPDATED story:

http://mmaprime.tv/2010/09/01/mmaprime-tv-exclusive-mma-clothing-giant-tapout-sold/

tracylee - thank you for the defense from all my friends...

It's one thing to post a rumor- totally different thing to write a story that is all based on rumors.. that's where I have my issues with this.. I do know more than it's my place to say- the story will come out soon.

And i'm not threatening to leave, and have only said that once, maybe...

MMA.tv is a huge part of the sport that I love, as is sherdog. Even when it seems I'm not around, I'm here lurking...

creepy lurker

the fact that tracy lee felt compelled to post that there's more to the story just confirms that something is being discussed. Just like the OP said.

tbizzle - Nanook said boobs  

:)

ADAMantium - 
Thanks Nanook for the kind words and explanation of the journalistic competition.

Adam, I'm in the same boat you're in. I know all too well what it's like to scramble to break a lead.

Obviously, the rumor has some spice to it, otherwise there wouldn't be six pages plus of chat about the topic. So in this case, you've done your job well. Kudos to you my friend.

lol at people still thinking this is possible.... read just one article about berkshire's business model and you will know that this is not happening.....

i'm not saying that tapout isn't selling... i'm just saying that there is no way that berkshire is buying this company....

Nanook - 
tbizzle - Nanook said boobs  

:)

LOL.  Best show EVA

TTT

just wanted to keep everyone informed...

thanks for the praise and criticism...

definitely knew the risk of putting fresh info out here.

what i heard from an agent in the industry...

Silver Star was recently sold to a company called The Authentic Brands Group...... that one is sewed up and should be announced soon.... I was told that the same people were also looking at buying Tapout... This group recently did a capital raise of $250 million and are buying up brands to mange as part of their portfolio....

http://www.authenticbrandsgroup.com/

not sure if this is the possible tie in that tru/prime is talking about....

just what i hear... your mileage may vary....

no more clowns in makeup? hurray

robnashville - what i heard from an agent in the industry...

Silver Star was recently sold to a company called The Authentic Brands Group...... that one is sewed up and should be announced soon.... I was told that the same people were also looking at buying Tapout... This group recently did a capital raise of $250 million and are buying up brands to mange as part of their portfolio....

http://www.authenticbrandsgroup.com/

not sure if this is the possible tie in that tru/prime is talking about....

just what i hear... your mileage may vary....

good info rob.

like i said before and clarified in the update. some info reported may very well change or need to be corrected. so thanks for everyone who realized that this was a developing story put out with limited info to make everyone aware.

this sounds like it could fit to what has been heard but we'll have to wait and see once confirmed.

have to admit, still very interesting, even if we are in the beginning stages of securing the info.

What is this horseshit? Report it or don't. LOL @ THIS.

"UPDATE: The information reported is from a source close to the situation however the news has not been officially confirmed with TapouT. The purpose of the report is to bring this interesting business news to the fans of the sport. In no way are MMAPrime.TV or myself (Adam Lawman) saying that all the information is 100% exact fact. However, the source is reputable and proven so at least the base of the report is fairly accurate."

WAR T*U!!

Telfo - 
 well said.

Thanks man.

authentic brands group has bought and sold a lot of pretty big companies in the past, and IF tapout is being sold, then they would be a likely canidate...

i'm still not convinced that P.A. and Skrape are selling though

tracylee - lol, and people ask me why I barely post here anymore.

My having a problem with someone creating a TMZ type story instead of a legit one turns into something about me, my boobs, me being a groupie, or that I fuck fighters.

lol, fun times... It was nice meeting a ton of really cool fans in Boston vs the dicks that post here...

That's because 99% of the keyboard gangsters on here are the complete opposite in real life. Everyone is a legend on the Internet, or so they pretend.

how does this kill the Kaza angle?

As much as Tapout has sponsored and supported the sport since day one, every org and countless fighters the hate on here is baffling. You don't have to love their apparel to appreciate what they've done for mma.

Tracy Lee is one of the hardest working people I have ever had the honor to meet in this sport. Any criticising her is a maroon.

it would seem that tapout would sell a portion of their company if anything, yet PA,Sky and their managers would keep a controlling interest.

Authentic brands raising $250 mil wouldnt be anout to buy the Tapout Brand imo with how much expansion that brand has seen over the years and their yearly earnings....

i dunno, educate me on what I am missing.