Tell me about Baret Yoshida please

Opash, Yes, i did ask about Tokoro, because this same organization had me do the same thing----grapple him. He's caught me in a kneebar. I'm not really a grappler, i'm better at MMA. They are the ones ZST who makes these dicisions. It's completely out of my hands. They tell my manager what i'm doing, he calls me tells me and i do it. I'm now in this 8 man tournament. It's not like i'm going to turn something down from Japan. Beleive me, i'm not comparing, or putting myself on the same level as a great grappler like Baret Yoshida. I'm game and i will put 150% in every single match, and try to win always! I realize i'm going out of my game here, and trying to match these guys. It's all good, and i'm as ready as i will ever be. It is what it is. They promise to have me fight MMA next time. I do not follow the grappling circles, and i rarely look at tapes other than UFC stuff, or Pride. So i don't know a lot of the fighters outside the midwest. I've never looked at a tape of who i am fighting, and your right i think i need to start studying tapes on my opponents. It might be a smart thing to do. I really never believed in it much. Jason Reinhardt

Nocturnal. I walk around at 163, 164, and i cut to 143 to do this tournamnet. I'm 5 pounds away. I always fight MMA at 145lbs. Jason Reinhardt

Jason,

If weight divisions were 7 pounds apart, as opposed to 15 or 20 pounds, would guys cut less weight, or still the same amount?

easyrhino, I don't know much about these guys Tokoro, or Yoshida, because i don't watch fight videos or DVD's unless it's like the UFC or Pride. I don't have time to watch DVD's, believe me. I already grappled Tokoro, in ZST japan. He caught me, but i didn't feel overwhelmed at all. I felt a lot stronger and got the takedown. He's very slick and i have a lot of respect for him. easyrhino, I had never heard of Tokoro before our match last year, but i have heard of Bret Yoshida though. I've just never seen him fight. jason

Macedawg, I don't know? I'm just recently adjusting to walking at 160 range. I think i'm a very very small 155 pounder, and a big 145 pounder.

I honestly have no clue about such stuff--was just curious. Thanks.

hey Jason - I'm with you 100%!

It's a great experience just to grapple with such a guy!
And you gotta know this as well - no matter who's there - you just do what you do best and anyone can get caught!

I hope you'll have a great time there

What's the date of the tournament?

Jason, ever had any offers from Shooto to compete over there? Shooto's pretty much the highest profile company that has a weight division to suit you. If given an offer from K-1 Hero's or PRIDE, would you consider fighting at 155-160lbs to get a shot at the big time?

I've never actually seen you fight before but your MMA record is very impressive.

Macedog, that's cool.

fastforward, I leave the 24th, and i think we compete on the 27th.

Stipe, thank you for the support! I'm not flying 15 hours to Japan thinking i'm gonna lose. you know what i mean.

robby park, thank you. If i get an offer with any big organization with any show i would take it, at 155 pounds. I would have nothing to lose. I would love the UFC to open up the 145 pound division though, this is more realistic, and a smarter weight division for me. But, i would fight at 155, in the right situation. I would be a very small 155 pounder, and a big 145 pounder though. You taken a look at the 155 pound guys out there? They look gigantic to me! LOL. I would do a lot better at 145. Heck, i use to fight 135 pounds for over 3 years. Jason

Jason, for god sakes get the adcc vids .. this guy has unreal skill... You have to keep the match slow and basic...Go in thinking get a advatage or pt on takedown and then Fight him off for the rest of the time. People always go balls out and cant keep up with him.

JW

Team Royler Gracie -David Adiv

tHE WAY TO BEAT HIM IS TO PUCH HIM STAND BACK UP, GRAB HIS LEGS AND STACK THEM OVER HIS HEAD, DONT PLAY IN HIS GUARD, AND WATCH OUT FOR TRIANGLES. HIS BOTTOM GAME IS VERY DANGEROUS.

Great to hear Jason. I hope to see you get your shot soon.

St. Louis Sambo, Great Advice! this is what i have been working on. I do not want to get into some crazy scramble with any of these guys. Although, i'm pretty unorthodoxed myself, in grappling. Really, i'm going into this grappling thing to have fun and do my best. It's not MMA, and it doesn't go on my MMA record, and i realize i'm stepping into these guys games. I really have nothing to lose, except a knee, or and elbow joint. LOL. What a unreal challenge. Also, they just announced Hideo Tokoro is now in the tournament.

I haven't read any of the other posts, but I will probably say the same thing as everyone else.

Baret is by far my favorite grappler because of his belief that you should go out with full intention of tapping your opponent, not winning by points. Win or lose he is always pushing the action, and never goes out by winning by position.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Miami. Soft spoken guy, who can hang with the best of them. I am waiting for the day I get to grapple with him.