Tell me. Could Cain make 205?

Hes only 6'1 around 240lbs.

He has some flab on him.

If he could cut down to like 215-220 he could for sure make weight at 205. He is a wrestler so I'm sure cutting weight isn't new to him.

Imagine how fast he would be as a LHW Phone Post

No he doesnt want any bones , stuck in his chin

Yes. He's fat Phone Post

Why is it every time a hw loses it's "can he make 205" Cain as great at hw, you will see with Brock that getting ko'ed on the feet when your a wrestler doesmt end your career. Phone Post

Yes, I think he could make it with his frame. But hes obviously best suited to Heavyweight.

Irule - He's lost one fight at HW, why would you even want to see him at 205 right now? He'll look better in his next outing, and I really don't see anyone stopping him from getting a rematch except maybe Werdum.

I'm not saying that because he lost there is no hope and he should go down to 205. I would like to see him there though, and asked if he could even make it.

Also Cain would wreck Werdum. He would never engage him on the ground and just stand with him. Like Alistair did. Phone Post

Yes Cain can make 205lb, but I don't think the arm he cuts off to make weight will get sewn back on in time for the bout.

I don't know if he could ever make 205, but at 6'1" tall
246 lbs is heavy.

Fuck no.

Ye Phone Post

Irule - Why do you think Cain would automatically "wreck" Werdum standing up? Who has Cain defeated with his striking that is really all that impressive? He was dropped three times by Kongo and KO'd in a minute by JDS. He knocked out a zombie Nog and Brock Lesnar who hates getting hit. Werdum has fought and survived against Arlovski, Kharitonov, Aleks, Overeem x2, Vera, and Gonzaga. All of those guys have decent stand up and couldn't finish or lost two Fabricio. People seem to think that his stand up is really weak, when in reality it has vastly improved over the years.

Yes I agree that werdum's stand up has increased over the years but it does not compare to the speed, explosiveness, and technique that Cain has. Anybody with a good gameplan knows if you don't follow werdum onto the ground then you have a much better chance of winning. Cain won't grapple with him and Werdum isn't taking Cain down. Phone Post

Does every HW need to drop 40+ lbs if they happen to lose a fight now? I say we just force this immediately and tell them if you can't make the cut go somewhere else!

Not really, Cain is a HW. He just lost the fight. No big deal.

itchie - Does every HW need to drop 40+ lbs if they happen to lose a fight now? I say we just force this immediately and tell them if you can't make the cut go somewhere else!

Not really, Cain is a HW. He just lost the fight. No big deal.

Nobody said anything about him having to drop weight because he lost. I still think he has a good chance of getting the belt back. This is just a discussion to see if he could and how would he do. Phone Post

MMAfan55 - Hes only 6'1 around 240lbs.

He has some flab on him.

If he could cut down to like 215-220 he could for sure make weight at 205.

?????????

You do realize that a big 205er is 230 when you're actually watching them fight. No need to get anywhere close to 215 as a walking weight. 240 is actually the helthy walking around weight for many 205ers.

The small heavies like Fedor, Randy and Cain fight HW because they CAN, and have won at the highest levels.

Cain isn't that fat, very solid, stocky guy. Maybe he could make 205 but he would be a shadow of the fighter he is at HW. Vera was a smaller HW and he has always looked like shit since cutting to 205, not automatically an advantage.

GladiatorGannon -

He has some flab on him.

?????????

You do realize that a big 205er is 230 when you're actually watching them fight. No need to get anywhere close to 215 as a walking weight. 240 is actually the helthy walking around weight for many 205ers.

The small heavies like Fedor, Randy and Cain fight HW because they CAN, and have won at the highest levels.

What I mean is get around 215-220 and sweat the rest out to get to 205 for weigh ins and I'm sure Cain could. I don't mean 215-220 as his walking around weight. I'm asking is could Cain drop weight because he would be awesome at 205. Phone Post

yes, and his wrestling would own 205, imo...

GladiatorGannon -

He has some flab on him.

?????????

Little confused here,

Are you saying that it is healthy for a 205 fighter to walk around at 240 and cut to 205 for the fight only to rehydrAte to 230 for the fight? Phone Post

Obviously. He doesn't cut anything to get to 240. He could easily trim down to ~225 with healthier eating and then cut the rest easily fight week.

But, I like Cain at HW. I still think he's the best HW currently.

He was 250 at the weekend. Let's say he can cut 20lbs of blubber and be more lean. 230lbs to 205lbs isn't impossible, but his cardio might suffer considering he wouldn't be used to the cut.

I would say it's possible, but I wouldn't expect to see the same type of performance we expect. But why would he want to cut? Phone Post