The Five Tibetan Rites

Below is a link some here may find useful:

www.alchemilla.com/martial/5rites.html

It illustrates & explains the simple routine known as the Five Tibetan Rites. While some of the claims surrounding this set are extraordinary, I've always found it makes for a good warm up, cultivates good breathing habits & generally helps get the blood flowing for the more hardcore stuff to follow. Enjoy!

What benefits have you experienced from spinning until your slightly dizzy each morning? Just wondering, cause I hate being dizzy and couldn't see myself doing that everyday.

the spinning looked like the best part.

-doug-

"What benefits have you experienced from spinning until your slightly dizzy each morning? Just wondering, cause I hate being dizzy and couldn't see myself doing that everyday."

I understand your hesitation, when I started, the spinning seemed strange at first to me also. It's similar to running backward, in that precisely because it's not something regularly done, therein lay the benefits.

In theory the goals are to strengthen the bridge between the left & right hemispheres, flood fresh oxygen into your system & get blood circulating throughout the body. In practice I find it to be a great quick energy boost.

Here's a tip: fixing your attention on an object in front of you lessens the feeling of imbalance. Like anything, tolerance strengthens with time. Stop at the first sign of dizziness, & lay down & breath deeply if necessary. Start conservatively with as little as three revolutions & build at a comfortable pace. This should never be even slightly taxing.

Like all the exercises in the routine, the time invested in spinning is VERY brief. Even doing the recommended maximum of 21 reps, the job is done in less then half a minute. When done properly, you'll have gained unflinching equilibrium & an energized body. Works for me!

"the spinning looked like the best part."

I'm a little surprised at that Doug. I've always found this brief routine to promote good breathing habits, while stimulating the brain, heart, lungs, solar plexus & sacral area, all in a rewardingly short amount of time. It serves me as a great warm-up! Do you have any prior experience with yoga vinyasas?

Surprised why? I used to spin around when i was a kid until i got all dizzy. I think it sounds like a blast.

-doug-

I'll try it, see if I like throwing up at 6:00am.

hahaha, dont be a pussy CS. I used to spin around like that when i was six years old as fast as my little legs could take me until i couldnt even stay standing. I think you can handle 3 "repetitions" without hurling.

-doug-