The Hammer Mark Coleman on Rickson Gracie

There was a demand for RG to fight UFC heavyweights, but the money wasn’t there. Rickson even admitted he wouldn’t know what to do against Kerr. Heck, even I admitted previously that Kerr probably would have defeated Rickson. But we’ll never know.

Where the hell did you get that? Helio didn’t like Rickson’s money-hungry ways. He didn’t say his son was a fraud because that would prove Helio was a fraud too.

1 Like

You could beat their ass irl too. Stomp them out Big Wes!!

Helio knew the truth

That’s all I got to say

Rickson was in the fight game for one thing money
The other names mentioned here were in the fight game to prove that they were the baddest man on the planet.

In the end Rickson NEVER got his payday and the others can look at themselves on the mirror knowing that they at least tried

• that’s something that Rickson never did on the mat or the Cage

How many ADCC titles does Rickson have?

9 Likes

Bingo. Like I’ve been saying for a while… the Rickson Zealots are as bad as the Bruce Lee fucktards. Both never truly challenged themselves and it’s all speculation of what they truly could do. The testimonials are worth as much as the Dana’s Boxing Testimonials… dick.

3 Likes

Yep and when Mark got the invite it was supposed to be a no holds barred bare knuckle fight. Rickson changed it to just grappling with no strikes after they met. Hmmm?

EVERYONE gets in the fight game for money. So what?

And no one here is claiming Rickson was the greatest MMA fighter in history. I even questioned Funaki’s expertise.

For the record, Rickson got paid fairly well for his fights in Japan. Good for him.

1 Like

LMAO you’re acting like you nailed it.

Let’s look at this like you would a dog with fleas

The dog is the host
The fleas are the parasites

Which one of those examples would you put a guy that put his reputation on the line
And where would you put the person that talked shit about the person abs then never fought them?

1 Like

I cannot suffer this read, so I’ll just say if both got to study each other equally, Coleman is not going to win that fight 4/5.
Mo Smith had an exponentially better chance, and really pointed out Coleman’s lack of striking prowess; Coleman was a powerful slugger but it’d have taken a bit more technicals.
Rickson gasses him.

Rickson by armbar.

Keep in mind

I was never supposed to fight in the UFC

I was a basketball player with 0 wrestling that took to the sport after college

Hard work and a psychotic level of attention to detail for me there

• I went years without a single sip of alcohol in order to try to fight the best in the world

I fought for almost nothing in order to have the honor of getting my ass kicked

• not everyone fought for money

Like Helio, we fought to test ourselves against the best in the world

11 Likes

Thsts wild, never heard that…

1 Like

Sick’em Wes

3 Likes

Wes mentioned Gokor

I need to figure out which year for reference but at a seminar I mentioned to Gokor about Rickson submitting X number of people in a row. ( It was a large number basically everyone at a seminar )

At some point as the day / seminar was winding down Gokor was playing Judo with some guys from a Naval base Judo team and submitting people from the seminar one after the other. Many started standing / with takedowns. I kept watching in awe.

This went on for a long time.

Finally he looked at me and said in a very matter of fact perhaps annoyed way “ you see it is easy to submit so many people when they are new / don’t know what they are doing “

Guess I was kind of annoying telling him I heard Rickson wrestled and submitted about x # of people in a row at a seminar

5 Likes

Kerr smashed him minutes and he laid in Royces guard getting slapped and punched for 15 minutes. LOL at those being fixed. Not according Metlzer at the time who covering them.

Gokor also had 1 fight

• vs an actor
  • alluded to it being Akira Maeda
  • on the same card that he has his 17 year old student fight Matt Lindland

This guys are all full of crap.

If anyone wanted to fight, they would have fought…

4 Likes

Im just an average joe here like everyone else. I know im going to get flack for this but i legit think tank would have beat royce.

6 Likes

What an absurd thing to say. There was so little money in mma at first that a lot of guys were clearly just doing it to test themselves or to prove something. Didn’t someone like BJ Penn come from money/not need a dime? He also fought at an openweight tournament against a 225 lb Machida

2 Likes

One thing worth mentioning is Coleman was obviously not a clean athlete and Rickson most likely was.

1 Like