The Hammer Mark Coleman on Rickson Gracie

For all of the mentally retarded, I am going to make this as easy for you as possible

Let’s use Yuki Nakai as an example

Let’s pretend that we put Mark in a tournament where in the finals, Mark is relatively untouched

His opponent is a person that has fought at 135 in the last

• his first opponent punched him so hard that he lost an eye
  • his second opponent was a dog fight that took almost 18 minutes to finish.

So mark in the finals is fighting a one eyed beat up 135# fighter

Can anyone here pretend that it would take Mark 6:22 to finish what would be considered a lay up in MMA

Let’s discuss how Mark would have struggled with an opponent like that

6 Likes

With all due respect, different fighters match up in different ways. Coleman was a force of nature and a legit threat to almost anyone in any era when he was at his best. His neck was as thick as Rickson’s trunk. But he was also not unbeatable. He would get seriously gassed and he could be submitted. I’m not saying Rickson would win, but the whole Gracie strategy was to defend on the ground and conserve energy long enough to find the opening and get the submission. We saw Mark gas and we saw him submitted from guys underneath him. So it’s definitely conceivable that Rickson could have beaten him. We also saw Mark smash and absolutely destroy guys every it as talented and tough as Rickson. His experience skill & toughness counted for a lot.

5 Likes

In order for Rickson to beat Mark, it would require something that Rickson couldn’t do

And that would be to actually fight

Rickson would talk shit and then not fight the people that he was talking shit about

Let me present to you what the originator of the UFC had to say about Rickson

We will call this Exhibit A

9 Likes

Cliffs:

Even Helio knew that Rickson was a fraud when it came to actual fighting (outside of the gym)

4 Likes

Lol that’s interesting. Helio wasn’t impressed.

Yet we must pretend that Rickson had a chance against any of the greats…

Sell that shit to someone else

Rickson needed money to motivate him in order to fight

REAL fighters only needed to know that a challenge existed

7 Likes

I mean he has a chance, I just haven’t seen him against any legit opponents to know what it is. Kron looked good, but he has wayyy more ability with his hands. And he’s fighting guys his weight.

Really wish they put Rutten vs Rickson in the early Pride events instead of takada, twice…

6 Likes

If Mark were to compete against Rickson without steroids and Rickson wearing a Gi in UFC 1, he would’ve been armbarred. If Coleman fought Rickson in UFC 10, Coleman would’ve elbowed Rickson’s head through the mat. The only truthful answer is would Coleman been able to do that against Werdum? No. Would Rickson Armbar Sak? No.

1 Like

Rickson refused to fight everyone…. Even after talking shit about them

Ruas challenged Rickson to his face on 3 different occasions, they fought 0 times

So by “fucking idiot” logic’s
We have to play the “if” game and come up with excuses as to why fights with Rickson never happened

The TRUTH is Rickson had trouble handling something that Ruas, Mark, Saku and Gokor didn’t and that is called fear.

Every single person mentioned above experienced fear, but they faced it and went into battle

Rickson by self admission on JRE said that he didn’t handle fear well

Mark wasn’t scared of him and that seriously bothered Rickson

Listen to what Mark said in that interview, he RESPECTS Rickson, but he isn’t scared of him and was more than willing to test his abilities against him.

Rickson was a good training partner, but not a good fighter

7 Likes

@RyannVonDoom, you are my new best internet friend

2 Likes

The fear issue is somewhat palpable in “Choke” during a locker room scene, I think before or between fights.

It was the point when I realized behind all that skill and experience, he’s still human.

3 Likes

Yep

Rickson SAID he would beat everyone, including guys like Fedor, yet he ducked every single one of them. The guy is clearly a bjj legend but completely unproven as a top level mma fighter

3 Likes

This is such a gross exaggeration of the situation. There also wasn’t a huge demand for Rickson to rematch Takada at Pride 4. Are you really trying to tell me the people wouldve been more excited for a Takada rematch compared to facing multiple UFC tournament winner Mark Kerr?! That wouldve been a HUGE fight at the time and given Rickson all the credibility in the world

4 Likes

Bro, please
Have you ever argued with a purple haired gender neutral woman about abortions at 3 months after the babies inception?

That is the type of conversation that you are about to get into with a statement like yours

I am honored. I still remember when you snuck in that ipod touch while giving us updates on TUF.

3 Likes

That was Mike from the Lytes Out Podcast

We knew that they were going to go through all of my shit so I gave him my passwords to fuck with the video crew

1 Like

@RyannVonDoom either way, we are now internet best friends

Anyone that is mean to you, please let me know so I can E-beat their ass for you

2 Likes

lol. Gonna hold you to this now.

2 Likes