The Notorious series starts Tonight

CaptChaos - Conor is doing stuff a bunch of fighters should have been doing for a long time. He's marketing himself extremely well and backing it up with solid skills.

If he beats Aldo and wins a couple more fights he will literally be financially set for the rest of his life. So he could make more money in 3 years than most will make in a lifetime. He was on social welfare not that long ago.

Maybe he saw a huge opening no one was exploiting and decided to take it. 1 thing I've noticed is he is very polite & respectful to everyone that interviews him and works with him for promotional stuff.

Too may fighters take him too serious and they get sucked into his antics. I like Poirier but Conor played him like a fiddle before and during the fight. Conor dictated every step.

I like the kid.
Agreed.

Instead of getting mad at the kid, the other fighters should be taking notes. Hes on the cutting edge.

I didnt like him at first but after the Poirier win, he earned my respect. That was an unbelievable performance on his part. To vehemently state the things he stated......puts all this tremendous pressure on himself by saying he is going to ko dustin in the 1st rd who is a top 5 fighter in his own right.

Even Dana had said "I dont know why hes saying hes going to ko him in the 1st rd. Dustin is a really tough dude. Hes setting himself up for a massive failure if he doesnt deliver."

Then Conor puts on a show at the weigh ins, continues on right up to the fight........then puts on an amazing performance in the ring with massive amounts of ring generalship. Then he delivers the power straight left like a sniper and puts dustin away. Pretty remarkable if you think about it. The amount of pressure associated with doing something like that is off the charts.

That was when I started to respect him and his skills because that was gangster as fuck. Had to give him credit on that one. Phone Post 3.0

Damn that Erin Mcgregor is fit yeah

I'll just wait til someone adds the vid online Phone Post 3.0

Link yet? Phone Post 3.0

"The UFC never promotes the fighters!!"

"The UFC is shoving Conor McGregor down our throats!!"

-The UG

coldworld - The UFC will promote fighters that are promotable.

90% of UFC fighters are not guys that have a huge personality, it's hard to make an uninteresting person seem interesting. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Look at how much they tried to push Cain when he became champ. They played up the whole Mexican heritage thing similar to what they're doing with Conor now but he didn't get nearly as much attention cos he can't sell a fight the way someone like Conor can. Phone Post 3.0

Great piece. Well made and insightful. And God dam was his sister looking good!

businessbhoy - RTE plugging the shit out of it. No exaggeration to say that besides Rory McIlroy, McGregor is probably the biggest sporting star from this small island just now.

He has single handedly made this a mainstream sport in Ireland in just over a year. Incredible when you think about it. The amount of non mma fans on my Facebook page talking about him last Monday was impressive. Phone Post 3.0
Yes I am from donegal and we have a few fans and practicioners of mma in the town , but last weekend according to facebook , everybody is a big mma fan now because of Conor . And they all went back into hiding the following weekend for gus and Johnson . . No doubt the Status's will start rolling in again once this airs on Monday .. These people know nothing about our sport but are now acting like they do , they don't like mma , they just bum Conor Phone Post 3.0

That was fantastic

Ttt Phone Post

Mayhem_Monkey - 
businessbhoy - RTE plugging the shit out of it. No exaggeration to say that besides Rory McIlroy, McGregor is probably the biggest sporting star from this small island just now.

He has single handedly made this a mainstream sport in Ireland in just over a year. Incredible when you think about it. The amount of non mma fans on my Facebook page talking about him last Monday was impressive. Phone Post 3.0
Yes I am from donegal and we have a few fans and practicioners of mma in the town , but last weekend according to facebook , everybody is a big mma fan now because of Conor . And they all went back into hiding the following weekend for gus and Johnson . . No doubt the Status's will start rolling in again once this airs on Monday .. These people know nothing about our sport but are now acting like they do , they don't like mma , they just bum Conor Phone Post 3.0

If 1 out of every 10 of those become a real mma fan then it is a success. This is the kind of thing they are talking about when they say cross over star, someone people will talk about in the break room on Monday back in the office.

In Phone Post 3.0

Graemeo - http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10368853/

Watch on RTE player for the next 21 days on that link

Use Firefox or Safari with proxy app 'Hola' set to Ireland

VU Tanks!!

blueberrycoconutmilk -
Graemeo - http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10368853/

Watch on RTE player for the next 21 days on that link

Use Firefox or Safari with proxy app 'Hola' set to Ireland

VU Tanks!!
I did this, didn't work. Got hola an all that. Now it's saying I need to download Rte player as well? Can someone find a link that actually works??? Phone Post 3.0

I'm watching it right now.
I googled Hola.
I saw a link for Hola download, which had the Chrome-Google address.
I downloaded the Hola extension for Chrome.
Then all these sites logos shows up.
I did a finder search for RTE. I clicked it.
The Tricolor shows up in my header bar.
Then I copied the link from Gaemeo.
QED

blueberrycoconutmilk - I'm watching it right now.
I googled Hola.
I saw a link for Hola download, which had the Chrome-Google address.
I downloaded the Hola extension for Chrome.
Then all these sites logos shows up.
I did a finder search for RTE. I clicked it.
The Tricolor shows up in my header bar.
Then I copied the link from Gaemeo.
QED
Damn I'm on my phone. Got hola, set to Ireland. Still no love Phone Post 3.0

GarlicSenior - "The UFC never promotes the fighters!!"

-The UG
I am one of those that wanted the ufc to promote their fighters more. But i dont understand this strategy of putting all their efforts behind promoting just two of them as being so superior to the rest, in Conor and Ronda. It seems very short sighted, like everything the ufc does. Its going to be difficult to create credible and compelling matchups when you are constantly telling your audience that one fighter is way above everyone else. There is also the risk of losing your credibility if the fighter gets exposed. I think alot of fans also feels there is over exposure to these fighters, especially when there is nothing of substance in the way they are being promoted but only repetitive, scripted and shallow hyperbole. What makes it even worse in the case of Conor, is that alot of people feel that there are other fighters more deserving of the praise, attention and favouritism he is getting from the ufc. Personally i think it is disgraceful and disrespectful towards Aldo who has been a great champion for them for years. But i guess now that Dana has been removed from the spotlight he has to live vicariously through Conor instead. Phone Post 3.0

http://youtu.be/ceCW57lrs7I Phone Post 3.0

bonersaurus - http://youtu.be/ceCW57lrs7I Phone Post 3.0

That's the old documentary....Is there a vid of the series this thread is about?

Simen -
GarlicSenior - "The UFC never promotes the fighters!!"

-The UG
I am one of those that wanted the ufc to promote their fighters more. But i dont understand this strategy of putting all their efforts behind promoting just two of them as being so superior to the rest, in Conor and Ronda. It seems very short sighted, like everything the ufc does. Its going to be difficult to create credible and compelling matchups when you are constantly telling your audience that one fighter is way above everyone else. There is also the risk of losing your credibility if the fighter gets exposed. I think alot of fans also feels there is over exposure to these fighters, especially when there is nothing of substance in the way they are being promoted but only repetitive, scripted and shallow hyperbole. What makes it even worse in the case of Conor, is that alot of people feel that there are other fighters more deserving of the praise, attention and favouritism he is getting from the ufc. Personally i think it is disgraceful and disrespectful towards Aldo who has been a great champion for them for years. But i guess now that Dana has been removed from the spotlight he has to live vicariously through Conor instead. Phone Post 3.0
VU. You nailed it. Phone Post 3.0