The problem with Covington

Prime.colby beats prime gsp

Just look at shields fight thst they gifted gsp

Gsp was only a takedown fighter his striking was beyond stiff

Guy is A clown

2 Likes

Colby doesn’t even have half the skills that GSP possessed but suuurrre lol

2 Likes

I have been on this site since the 90s, and that is one of the dumbest posts I have seen. Congrats on that.

6 Likes

His losses very VERY close, almost controversial. He is far better than what said here, that you like him or not. This time, he was outclassed, and sooooo slow. After a while, sure you can credit Leon, yet he started that way. WTF. He played not to be KOed. He didn’t go for the win.

My one issue I always had with his style, is why didn’t he develop a great sub game? Against Masvidal he had many opportunities… but didn’t even try. Leon tried the guillotine and the triangle last night. What did Colby try? Nothing. It makes no sense given his style. When you get a great ground position and your opponent is tired… sub him!

Colby avoided Burns and for good reason. Burns can bang and tap. Bad matchup and Colby knew it.

1 Like

Lawler, Woodley and Jorge were also 37, 38 when. Colby fought them and all of them were coming off 2 fight losing streaks and yes all close to retirement.

2 Likes

The usual “Fighter A was always overrated” after a loss. The UG never disappoints ha ha. Hos very few losses were damn close, even controversial.

But damn did Colby looked like shit. Slow, scared, playing safe. It would be bad enough, but after such trash talk? Horrible. And then the stupid “I won” at the end that nobody bought and ridiculed him even more. Unless he fights someone everybody hates more like Ian Garry, he’s done.

A lot of people were stating the same facts of his record pre-fight.

lol Colby vs Garry for Ultimate DB would be great.

1 Like

i concur

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Follow

A man I don’t know and, to the best of my knowledge, never met, was on the MAIN EVENT of the Ultimate Fake Championship saying I kissed him (for two minutes yet) in the lobby of Trump Tower 2 weeks ago. Never happened! Who would do this in a public space with live security…

[7:16 AM · Dec 17, 2023]

2 Likes

I look like Colby in BJJ class when I’m rolling with lesser talented guys. Not so much against black belts

Seriously though, I like Colby.

I wish Colby would turn down the cringy shit talk. If he turned it down a bit he would still get the press.

I can give Colby a pass for laying an egg. He did have a long layoff. Give him all hard fights now and let him earn his way back. BLOL, Gary, and other young hungry fighters.

https://www.mmane Colby Covington Immediately Calls Out Top 10 Welterweight After UFC 296 Loss

Covington didn’t hesitate when pressed about his next move.ws.com/news/colby-covington-calls-out-top-10-after-ufc-296

https://www.mmanews.com/news/dana-white-evaluates-slow-old-colby-covington-ufc-296

Dana White Evaluates ‘Slow & Old’ Colby Covington’s Performance At UFC 296

White didn’t hold back in his reaction to Covington’s loss.

https://www.mmanews.com/news/ufc-fighters-react-leon-edwards-colby-covington

‘The Guy Who Calls Out The Triggered Is Afraid To Pull The Trigger’ - Fighters Mock Colby Covington After Head-Scratching Performance At UFC 296

Covington is now 0-3 in lineal UFC title fights.

1 Like

So ridiculous. Only in this one did he look bad, like he didn’t belong in there. Other two were debatable, even the first one with the blatant cheating Usman did. Sure he lost those two, but nobody thought less of him - as a fighter.

Hey, his mouth has opened opportunities for him so will accelerate his downfall, but fans are so stupid. Even other top fighters that hate him say how skilled he is. Leon even did so after the bout. Yet fans are always talking in absolutes and all guys with a L on a card suddenly were never been good and blablabla.

I hope he can return to his former fighting style and level. I hope he humbled himself and dials back the cringe shit talk

To be fair rocky is intimidating as fuck with the way he intensly stalks u in opening rounds. You can tell colby wanted none of round 1 and 2 edwards lol.

He was really cautions in the first 2 rounds in the second Usman bout. Then he opened up. So much many of us though he won. In this one, he never opened up. He usually connects with some good shots, for all his lack of KOs. What did he score besides a few takedowns in this one? His worst showing ever. If he hadn’t be so classless, he wouldn’t been buried by the MMA world today. He did this to himself.

He could have been somewhat humble on the mic and say “I didn’t think the long layoff would affect me but I was rusty in there. It took me a while to get started”. Whatever. He could have regained some fans. He didn’t even have to credit Leon for anything, but at least admit that he sucked and was disappointed - for himself, the fans, Trump, whatever. Yet instead he acted like he won, and now challenges Wondeboy? WTF is that? He’s done.

1 Like