The solution: 1 strike = lifetime unrevokeable ban

cant go with 1 gets you the lifetime ban, id be for 2 though. people make mistakes and im willing to forgive the first time but after that you're just making me look like an ass hole if i was the promoter. also only way id be down with that is if recreational drugs were took out of the mix and this was specifically for ped use.

gsp dark place - cant go with 1 gets you the lifetime ban, id be for 2 though. people make mistakes and im willing to forgive the first time but after that you're just making me look like an ass hole if i was the promoter. also only way id be down with that is if recreational drugs were took out of the mix and this was specifically for ped use.

But taking roids help you even latter you yes people make mistake's but you cant just get a unfair advantage then say or my bad you dont just lose all the muscle you packed on. 1 get's you a five year ban during which you must pass 5 random drug test randomly spaced throughout the five year ban if you wish to compete again. This way we can make sure your clean and it's been long enough for any effect's of the roid's to wear off.

HELWIG -

Yes and thats why this still isnt a real, legitimate sport.

Its currently "two wealthy heirs and their friend from high school present: Drug addicts wrestle-boxing for points"

Because nobody would ever use steroids in legit sports like baseball, football or cycling. Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - 
GenericAmerican - What about when you take protein powder that you didn't know was mostly steroids?
wat Phone Post 3.0

Sherk reference, no?

Signed

-UFC fighter (retired). Brian Melancon

I support this because it would cause the roster to shrink in one year leading to the end of the watered down/over-saturation era.

Sandy Pantz - 
Kostakio - 
GenericAmerican - What about when you take protein powder that you didn't know was mostly steroids?
wat Phone Post 3.0

Sherk reference, no?

Oh, okay, so he was joking then.

the ufc would lose its entire roster.  the ufc has no interest in effectively stopping roiders.  

Interestingly enough one of the reasons the other sports don't do this is because of the players union. The UFC would be in a unique position to take a hard stand that other sports cant.

agree with OP

would setting a fine on gyms help? say a fighter gets caught(suspension and fines are on them alone) but say for each fighter that gets caught the gym should be fine 5k or somewhere around that range. most likely it would step up most gyms stance on peds. the money should obviously go their opponents

Kostakio - 
Sandy Pantz - 
Kostakio - 
wat Phone Post 3.0

Sherk reference, no?

Oh, okay, so he was joking then.

Yes, it seems like there have been several stories where people tested positive and claimed it was from a supplement at GNC

More random out-of-competition drug testing would be a good start.

Sure, this is the only way to even get close to cleaning up the sport. But I don't see why the ACs would take it upon themselves to make mma the only sport on the face of the earth where this is the policy.

Not sure why OP refers to the UFC as the "CESSPOOL" and not the sport in general. Like the guys in Bellator, where they rarely test, or in other countries, where there is no testing whatsoever, are all clean?

"What are all these "legitimate" sports that have a "1 strike = lifetime unrevokable ban" policy for its athletes?"

You have to understand that Helwig isn't about having a real discussion. He delivers the rants he wants to make and then vanishes without addressing the obvious falsehoods and absurdities in his posts.

orcus - Sure, this is the only way to even get close to cleaning up the sport. But I don't see why the ACs would take it upon themselves to make mma the only sport on the face of the earth where this is the policy.

Not sure why OP refers to the UFC as the "CESSPOOL" and not the sport in general. Like the guys in Bellator, where they rarely test, or in other countries, where there is no testing whatsoever, are all clean?

"What are all these "legitimate" sports that have a "1 strike = lifetime unrevokable ban" policy for its athletes?"

You have to understand that Helwig isn't about having a real discussion. He delivers the rants he wants to make and then vanishes without addressing the obvious falsehoods and absurdities in his posts.

all you would need is one organization or one AC that didn't have the rule and every fighter would go to that org, and every event would move to that town. Other sports with unions and geographically based limitations are actually easier to control than a show that can move anywhere on earth.

It's incredible it's as clean as it is.

@op not gonna read through the tards and if you've answered this but do you feel it's unfair that you're calling for a lifetime ban on steroids (I agree) and weed (I disagree). I understand their both banned substances but if you were for some reason in charge of this would you make it a pyramid like this

1. PEDS. Lifetime ban
2. recreational drugs ?????

Or would you just say yolo and ban everyone Phone Post 3.0

AlbertEinstein - Yes harsher penalties. That'll solve it. That's why the death penalty is such a great deterrent. Oh wait... Phone Post 3.0

If the death penalty was used like it was in the past -- consistently and frequently -- it would most definitely be a deterrent. It's like lifting weights. Do it every once in a while, it doesn't do much for you.

But like most things, government corrupted it, ruining innocent lives to get convictions, so the process can no longer be trusted.

HELWIG - 

Yes and thats why this still isnt a real, legitimate sport.

Its currently "two wealthy heirs and their friend from high school present: Drug addicts wrestle-boxing for points"

Yeah, not a real legitimate sport like the NFL where you can fail a PED test but can claim is was just Adderall since the NFL will only say a suspension is due to "violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances."

The UFC should be more like those sports and just say a test was failed, but not release what the substance was.

Show me the bodies. Where are all these deaths from PED use and how does that compare to brain trauma, joint damage or other impact damages from countless other sports? If you say Lyle Alzaldo you are an idiot.

I don't care what they use. I'd buy a yearlong PPV subscription to an unlimited, untested fight league right now.

This testing is more trouble than it's worth. Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish - 

the ufc would lose its entire roster.  the ufc has no interest in effectively stopping roiders.  

I jokingly said the same thing but lifetime bans would NOT eliminate the entire roster unless they were all tested on the same day later this week.

The fact is that fighters will get tested about a dozen at a time when events approach. Lifetime bans will come in bits and pieces. Articles will detail how the ACs issued three lifetime bans after a recently concluded event.

I'm sure when fighters see about 20 lifetime bans come down over the course of a year, it will have a deterrent effect.
One would have to be an idiot otherwise.

"I'm going to risk it and stick this needle in my ass even though Carlo Condit, Scott Jorgenson, Phil Davis, Daniel Pineda, Ray Borg, Costas Phillipou, Gabriel Gonzaga, Yuri Alcantara, Cub Swanson, Bryan Caraway, Dennis Bermudez, Josh Thompson, Rick Story, Damain Maia, Rafael Natal, Ryan Jimmo, OSP, Jon Jones, Stefan Struve, and Alistair Overeem have all been banned for life for doing the same exact thing."