the thing about Shogun.

Mr He - lol i came here looking for a shogun discussion and left soon after finding a whole shit-load of zuffa-zombie'esque Jones bias/praise.

Cumstain laine is that you?

OP is an idiot for real tho. Phone Post

Acidic - 
Lazer MMA - 
Acidic -  SHogun is the goat at LHW

Who else held prestige in both Pride and UFC? Who else has been ranked top 5 for almost 10 years? Who won the Pride GP? Wanderlie? Chuck? no?

Shogun won the Pride GP agains tthe best fighters in the world not in the second tier UFC LHW division of that time. Then when time came for Pride and UFC to merge. We saw Chuck the UFCs golden boy get squashed. Shogun with 2 knee surgeries came back to destroyed the undefeated Machida twice

Even in PRIDe Shogun had weakness. He just squeaked out a win VS Lil Nog in a damn war. Reem was tooling him until Shogun found his weak chin in one of those fights.

You must look at Hendo here. Hendo is 6-1 VS HW when he fought as a LHW (counting all the water he drank to made 207 Vs Fedor too though). He is 2-1 Vs the HW GOATs. He also destroyed Shogun in the striking game completely when they fought. He's pretty unreal! The argument can be made he is fighting for LHW Goat / GOAT VS JBJ easy.
i agree to a certain point but i still believe Shogun is the GOAT at LHW but henderson is a much better GOAT in over all weight.

Hendo vs SHogun could have been a draw but i agree Hendo outstruck Shogun back

well in point of fact (because U wrote your best post) even though Hendos wins while fighting as a LHW VS HW's are better wins IMO then Shoguns (by far because we're talking 2-1 VS the HW GOATs and 6-1 VS HW's overall too) and he also has two belts at LHW (PRIDe MW & SF) and is the UFC 17 tourney winner (if I remember MW was 190?) I still don't put him as GOAT overall even with a win over JBJ!

He is the proven p4P GOAT already in reality having done all this as a average size MW!

The true GOAT is the guy that just beats everyone overall. In order to do that Hendo must not only beat JBJ but then set his sites on JDS. He said yes to the fight before to his credit.

I do believe he is fighting for the LHW GOAT too Vs JBJ, no question.

Lazer MMA - 
Acidic - 
Lazer MMA - 
Acidic -  SHogun is the goat at LHW

Who else held prestige in both Pride and UFC? Who else has been ranked top 5 for almost 10 years? Who won the Pride GP? Wanderlie? Chuck? no?

Shogun won the Pride GP agains tthe best fighters in the world not in the second tier UFC LHW division of that time. Then when time came for Pride and UFC to merge. We saw Chuck the UFCs golden boy get squashed. Shogun with 2 knee surgeries came back to destroyed the undefeated Machida twice

Even in PRIDe Shogun had weakness. He just squeaked out a win VS Lil Nog in a damn war. Reem was tooling him until Shogun found his weak chin in one of those fights.

You must look at Hendo here. Hendo is 6-1 VS HW when he fought as a LHW (counting all the water he drank to made 207 Vs Fedor too though). He is 2-1 Vs the HW GOATs. He also destroyed Shogun in the striking game completely when they fought. He's pretty unreal! The argument can be made he is fighting for LHW Goat / GOAT VS JBJ easy.
i agree to a certain point but i still believe Shogun is the GOAT at LHW but henderson is a much better GOAT in over all weight.

Hendo vs SHogun could have been a draw but i agree Hendo outstruck Shogun back

well in point of fact (because U wrote your best post) even though Hendos wins while fighting as a LHW VS HW's are better wins IMO then Shoguns (by far because we're talking 2-1 VS the HW GOATs and 6-1 VS HW's overall too) and he also has two belts at LHW (PRIDe MW & SF) and is the UFC 17 tourney winner (if I remember MW was 190?) I still don't put him as GOAT overall even with a win over JBJ!

He is the proven p4P GOAT already in reality having done all this as a average size MW!

The true GOAT is the guy that just beats everyone overall. In order to do that Hendo must not only beat JBJ but then set his sites on JDS. He said yes to the fight before to his credit.

I do believe he is fighting for the LHW GOAT too Vs JBJ, no question.
if he beats JBJ then by all means he is the GOAT LHW and fighter ever in general. I hope he does

This thread is the definition of going full retard Phone Post

Auzzie - 
epic hero - It's been countered time and time again. You state your opinion and than you tell people to prove you wrong. These fights never happened bro, if you believe what you say nobody is going to convince you otherwise.

You talk about hypothetical fights as if they have already happened, as if you know the result and know exactly what will happen.

nobody proves me wrong, because they can't

shogun fans should be happy that Dana didnt match him up with bader, davis, hendo, and rashad right off the bat.

Instead, they're whining like little bitches, when shogun has been gifted favorable matchups like past prime chuck liddell, 2011 forrest griffin, and 2012 vera.

It's your opinion, how can people prove you wrong.

When you say things that aren't true, that's when I prove you wrong.

I can't prove you wrong about fights that have never happened.

epic hero - 
Auzzie - 
epic hero - It's been countered time and time again. You state your opinion and than you tell people to prove you wrong. These fights never happened bro, if you believe what you say nobody is going to convince you otherwise.

You talk about hypothetical fights as if they have already happened, as if you know the result and know exactly what will happen.

nobody proves me wrong, because they can't

shogun fans should be happy that Dana didnt match him up with bader, davis, hendo, and rashad right off the bat.

Instead, they're whining like little bitches, when shogun has been gifted favorable matchups like past prime chuck liddell, 2011 forrest griffin, and 2012 vera.

It's your opinion, how can people prove you wrong.

When you say things that aren't true, that's when I prove you wrong.

I can't prove you wrong about fights that have never happened.

Man you cant argue with a full retard. Atleast if he was half way retarded we would brake some ground with the cunt by now

I know.

When he was saying retarded shit, people proved him wrong and laughed him off the thread.

LOL

LOL

LOL

brain damage

I'm not denying that Jones is a talented fighter and he def whooped Shogun. And he'd whoop him again. Go back and READ my posts carefully. Never once did I say Shogun is better than Jones, or would be Jones in a re-match.

All I said is Shogun is an old school warrior who's been kicking ass for a long time. And the dudes not even that old!

and if you don't think that the reason Jones is dominating @ 205 is because of he's gigantic hvywght size, you're an idiot. He's 6'4, giant wingspan, and cuts to 205 and is back to 230ish the day of the fight. WHEN HE IS NOT IN CAMP, HE WALKS AROUND AT 240-250 LBS.

He's got skills no doubt but his biggest skill is beating up dudes who he dwarfs in size.

A fight vs. Ubereem, Dos Santos or someone else his own size would go very differently. Hopefully after he cleans out @ 205 (which he has already done) he'll grow a sack and move up to HVYWGHT where he belongs.

The thing about Shogun is he was gifted all of his UFC wins except that one time against Machida. He KO'd old ass Coleman and Liddell. KO'd Forrest who has been on the decline. Flopped against real competition like Hendo and Jones. Took him 4 rounds to KO Vera. Has a 5-4 UFC record. Even Vera has a better UFC record mind you. So the thing about Shogun is he's overrated. Phone Post

Ant124m

you're brain is quite dim.

you seem to forget that Shogun was wrecking top flight competition on Pride back in when you probably didn't watch NHB. And he was doing it at a young age.

Shogun = is a fucking GOAT. not the GOAT, but def one of them.

you also quite conveniently left out the fact that he crushed Rampage, Arona, Ubereem 2xs, and Machida 2xs.

dim indeed that loaf on yer neck.

Trolls gonna troll brah.

I do really love the people who discredit the Liddell fight when Shogun was a huge underdog and people thought he was done, while at the same time saying Chuck was a bad matchup for him and would counter his sloppy punches.

Shogun's record should be 6-2-1, i could care less about what the records say. And there's no shame in losing to Jones and most people scored the Hendo fight a draw, far from a flop.

Acidic -  

Shogun won the Pride GP agains tthe best fighters in the world

Exactly who were these best fighters in the world.

cajunselfdefense - Shogun is a goddamn legend.

It doesn't matter that he can't beat Jones. He is a deep fucking legend.

the dude is basically like the fucking slayer of NHB

Jones is a new school heavyweight who will wreck anyone @ 205. thats a given.

But Shogun is up there w/ the GOATS.

He's a GOAT... Furrrr sho.

Anybody who wants to discredit or take away from anything this guy has accomplished is either trolling, new, or just lacking any real knowledge of the sport. He's laid it all on the line in every fight he's been in and finishing a guy like Vera is impressive, very impressive. He's destroyed all types of competition and he's done it impressively.

War Shogun!!!

Put him on TUF Brazil against Lil Nog and let's get that rematch we've been waiting 7 years for. Phone Post

drunkard - 
Acidic -  

Shogun won the Pride GP agains tthe best fighters in the world

Exactly who were these best fighters in the world.

still trying to figure out who these best fighters in the world are.

@drunkard

you know who these fighters are, shut the fuck up. 3/4 guys in the tourney are still top 10 fighters to this day.

I'll break it down in my next post.

Every guy that shogun faced in the tournament were top 10, Pride had much better fighters during this time period, UFC was the kiddy pool.

Rampage Jackson: don't really have to say much. I know this is probably one of the few fighters you have actually heard of in pride, became famous after smashing Chuck Liddell. This was prime Rampage. Shogun absolutely dominated him from the opening bell, giving Rampage the worst beat down of his career while Rampage was in his prime. One of the most impressive performances I've seen at the top level of mma.

Lil Nog: Nog was on his prime, and was coming off the destruction of Dan Henderson. Stylistically, this was one of Shogun's hardest fights. Shogun beat him in a back and forth war, this fight is considered one of the best rights in MMA history.

Alistair Overeem: was coming off wins over Igor Vovchanchyn and Vitor Belfort. Overeem is the only person to have submitted Belfort in an MMA fight.

Ricardo Arona: one of the best grapplers in the sport, coming off the win over prime Wanderlei Silva. Shogun ran right through him and destroyed him. Arona was the first person to beat Wanderlei at LHW in like 6 years or so.

Get a clue homie.

For having his bread and butter of soccer kicks and stomps taken away from him. Shogun has done pretty good IMO

epic hero - Every guy that shogun faced in the tournament were top 10, Pride had much better fighters during this time period, UFC was the kiddy pool.

Rampage Jackson: don't really have to say much. I know this is probably one of the few fighters you have actually heard of in pride, became famous after smashing Chuck Liddell. This was prime Rampage. Shogun absolutely dominated him from the opening bell, giving Rampage the worst beat down of his career while Rampage was in his prime. One of the most impressive performances I've seen at the top level of mma.

Lil Nog: Nog was on his prime, and was coming off the destruction of Dan Henderson. Stylistically, this was one of Shogun's hardest fights. Shogun beat him in a back and forth war, this fight is considered one of the best rights in MMA history.

Alistair Overeem: was coming off wins over Igor Vovchanchyn and Vitor Belfort. Overeem is the only person to have submitted Belfort in an MMA fight.

Ricardo Arona: one of the best grapplers in the sport, coming off the win over prime Wanderlei Silva. Shogun ran right through him and destroyed him. Arona was the first person to beat Wanderlei at LHW in like 6 years or so.

Get a clue homie.

Alright epic homo lets start with Overeem. In less than a 2 year period ,beginning with the Shogun fight, he was an amazing 4-6 including being KTFO by Sergei Kharitonov WHO?
Sergei Kharitonov ????????????? Oh and kiddy pool Chuck knocked his ass out in the first round as well a couple years before. Great fighter? Horseshit!!!!

Little nog and Arona. both these guys were knocked out in the first round by a fighter who has a lifetime record of 12 wins and 10 losses. Nog in 1:59 and Arona in23 seconds!!!
Greatest fighters in the world are guys like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre. Let me know when these guys get KO'd in less than 2 minutes of the first round by a slightly over .500 fighter. That's right ass clown, greatest fighters in the world don't get knocked out in the first round by an average fighter!!!!!

Rampage beat Chuck in 2003 ,the same year Randy handed Chuck his ass. In 2005 and 2006 Chuck knocked Randy out twice , so obviously,Chuck got much better during that time. Also Chuck gassed in about 2 seconds in that fight and appeared not just hung over but as if he had fallen off the bar stool and landed in the ring drunk. Rampage also had 2 fights around that time with Wanderlei and was knocked out in the second round in one and TKO'd in the first round in the other .

Good fighters? YES greatest fighters in the world? not even close.

Shogun IS a very good fighter and his style is cool . He attacks which is what I think fighting is all about . But the way you and several others on this forum try to portray him as a legend in the sport ,the greatest LHW of all time, and all this other shit is ridiculous based on that tournament back in 2005. One of the best LHW ? yes . The best ever and some kind of God,a living legend ? NO.