MMA Underground Forums

The UFC should be embarrassed

I guess I have to simplify my post for those of you airheads that didn't understand it.

UFC has $$$$ and Bellator has $ = UFC should get any fighter they want.

BUT THEY DON'T! ie - Alvarez.

You newbies do know who Alvarez is and what happened don't you or do I have to explain that too. Half you kids have been on here a few month's and know nothing. Trust your elders I have been following this sport since you've been in diapers, your still wet behind the ears son. Frickin children these day's think they know something! Go get back on mommies tit and come back with an opinion when you get some life experience.

No one in the UFC makes 4 grand Phone Post

Rourke - I've read most estimations on the internet they make somewhere around $200,000,000 per year, the second place competitor makes around $30,000,000 - yet the UFC offers fighters the same amount that Bellator can pay. Alvarez and every other top fighter should be in the UFC period.

1) The UFC actually does pay more if you look at entire card bookings. The UFC's current floor is around $8k + $8k. Regardless of whether they underpay their fighters, it's still considerably more than Bellator's floor (I've seen $1500 + $1500 on some shows).

2) The UFC has a shitton more fighters than Bellator to pay.

Also, the UFC makes more than $200,000,000 revenue a year but that's in the ballpark. Where did you get a Bellator estimate from? It's not that that sounds unrealistic, I've just never seen one.

The point is the NFL didn't have any players they wanted go sign in the XFL. UFC is the premier mma org. ALL top fighters should be in the UFC.

What astounds me is how much strikeforce paid. jesus woodleys on 100k.

No wonder fedor went there lol. Phone Post 3.0

Rourke - I've read most estimations on the internet they make somewhere around $200,000,000 per year, the second place competitor makes around $30,000,000 - yet the UFC offers fighters the same amount that Bellator can pay. Alvarez and every other top fighter should be in the UFC period.

"Rourke - I've read most estimations on the internet "   I stopped reading there knowing that whatever followed was horse manure.

MMA Playwright -

Fox Latin America deal worth 10's of millions

(12) [622] by Rourke

From: Rourke 21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posted: 18 days ago

Bjorn Rebney claims their deal with Fox is worth 10's of millions over the next few years. If that's true how can fighters be making so little.
Are they making unreasonably less then Ufc fighters without PPV points taking into account the size of both companies?

The bottom line if most succesful MMA companies keep wages pretty tight. It will only change if the fighters and there managers really decide to do something about it ( together).

Until that time arrives this whole debate is useless.

And the bigger draws in both organisations still make pretty nice sums. Though percentagewize its a lot less the in other sports. Phone Post 3.0

MMA has come a long way, the next step is to have ALL of the best fighters in one organization so the fans get to see the best vs the best. The worst thing to me is wondering how one fighter would have done against another but we can't see it we can just talk about it or debate it.

Rourke - I guess I have to simplify my post for those of you airheads that didn't understand it.

You newbies do know who Alvarez is and what happened don't you or do I have to explain that too. Half you kids have been on here a few month's and know nothing. Trust your elders I have been following this sport since you've been in diapers, your still wet behind the ears son. Frickin children these day's think they know something! Go get back on mommies tit and come back with an opinion when you get some life experience.
I think with posts like this you should keep to posting 2-3 times per year.

Bellator didn't match the offer unless all cars, meals and women are the same.

And as everyone knows, we don't know what the UFC fighters actually make. And if it was even realistically close, their Champions wouldn't be trying to get to the UFC.

See you next year! Phone Post 3.0

VadimWhite -
Standup29 - 
Rourke - I guess I have to simplify my post for those of you airheads that didn't understand it.

And as everyone knows, we don't know what the UFC fighters actually make. And if it was even realistically close, their Champions wouldn't be trying to get to the UFC.

Chandler doesn't want to go anywhere.
Neither does Shlemenko.
Askren wants to, but UFC don't want to pay money for one of the best fighters in their division.
I don't see the statement "their Champions trying to get to the UFC" as some kind of ultimate truth.

BTW, Alvarez wanted to go to the UFC NOT when he was a champion, but when he lost to Chandler.
So 2 champions don't want to go. Well one former champion anway.

Lombard left as champion.

Alverez has stated he wants to go even now as champion.

Askren has stated he wants to go to the UFC.

Should I have said many of their Champions? Half?

If any of them have a desire to be considered the best in the world they would have to go to the UFC as that is where majority of the top 10 and pretty much all of the top 5 are. Is that a fair statement to make? It isn't bashing Bellator. I enjoy the fights and have friend who just fought for one of their belts. Facts are facts. Phone Post 3.0

Rourke - I've read most estimations on the internet they make somewhere around $200,000,000 per year, the second place competitor makes around $30,000,000 - yet the UFC offers fighters the same amount that Bellator can pay. Alvarez and every other top fighter should be in the UFC period.
I read on the Internet that you have a girlfriend, but we wouldn't know her. She's from the Niagra Falls area. Phone Post 3.0

VadimWhite -
Standup29 - 
VadimWhite -
Standup29 - 

Neither does Shlemenko.
Askren wants to, but UFC don't want to pay money for one of the best fighters in their division.
I don't see the statement "their Champions trying to get to the UFC" as some kind of ultimate truth.

BTW, Alvarez wanted to go to the UFC NOT when he was a champion, but when he lost to Chandler.

If any of them have a desire to be considered the best in the world they would have to go to the UFC as that is where majority of the top 10 and pretty much all of the top 5 are. Is that a fair statement to make? It isn't bashing Bellator. I enjoy the fights and have friend who just fought for one of their belts. Facts are facts. Phone Post 3.0

You should've probably said "some".
And that would be - Lombard and Askren.

I've never seen Alvarez mentioning his intentions to go to the UFC before the Chandler loss. Provide the source, please.

So, meanwhile we have 2, from 7 divisions where were more than 1 champion.
Didn't say Alverez did before he fought MC. I said even NOW as champion he does.

Which current Champions have stated they have no wish to fight in the UFC that are at the end of their contracts? Their 2 most dominant champions wanted to fight in the UFC. Their biggest star has stated he wants to fight in the UFC (also a current champion).

Let's see what any of them say when their contracts are up. Phone Post 3.0

ToneybyArmbar - Don't confuse revenue with profits. Operating the UFC costs WAAAAY more than Bellator. Phone Post 3.0
I wouldn't be surprised if the gate for GSP vs Hendricks was more than Bellators for the entire year. Phone Post 3.0

Rourke - I've read most estimations on the internet they make somewhere around $200,000,000 per year, the second place competitor makes around $30,000,000 - yet the UFC offers fighters the same amount that Bellator can pay. Alvarez and every other top fighter should be in the UFC period.
More butthurt from the ug pussy squad. Phone Post 3.0

VadimWhite -
Standup29 - 
VadimWhite -
Standup29 - 
VadimWhite -
Standup29 - 

Neither does Shlemenko.

You should've probably said "some".
And that would be - Lombard and Askren.

I've never seen Alvarez mentioning his intentions to go to the UFC before the Chandler loss. Provide the source, please.

So, meanwhile we have 2, from 7 divisions where were more than 1 champion.
Didn't say Alverez did before he fought MC. I said even NOW as champion he does.

Which current Champions have stated they have no wish to fight in the UFC that are at the end of their contracts? Their 2 most dominant champions wanted to fight in the UFC. Their biggest star has stated he wants to fight in the UFC (also a current champion).

Let's see what any of them say when their contracts are up. Phone Post 3.0

Now Alvarez is more like indifferent.
He didn't say that he leaves.
I guess he saw that he can get big money in Bellator, or at least as big as UFC offered him.
Plus Bellator is getting bigger, and he sees it.

As of other current champions - why should I find their claims that they DO NOT WISH to sign with the UFC?
It was YOU who claimed that Bellator champs want to go there, so it's for YOU to prove your claim. I don't need to look for disprove something that you cannot prove :)

For what we KNOW, Lombard and Askren. That's it.
No what we know is Alvarez, Lombard and Askren.

I can't prove what hasn't happened yet. None as far as I know are at the end of their contracts. And I stand by what I said, their Champions are looking to go to the ufc. That much is undeniably true. Granted I should have been clear not all. So some are and 2 of them aee their most dominant. Plus one is their biggest star.

Enjoying the back and forth. Thanks for not making it personal! ;) Phone Post 3.0

pegson123 - No one in the UFC makes 4 grand Phone Post

Not sure about $4K but I know there are MANY that make $6K to show.  Think about that.  $6K +$6K.  Say they go 2-1 for a few years straight (pretty respectable record and not everyone can go undefeated).  That's $30K per year before manager/trainer fees (usually 20%), training expenses, and taxes.  These fighters are probably netting $15K- $18K a year, and that's if they're consistently winning 2/3 against the best in the world.

Dana calls the UFC the "Superbowl of MMA."  Pay like it then.   No fighter that competes for them 3 times per year should be making less than $100K/year.

Here's all we need to know.

I'm almost certain A. Silva and GSP would love to be making Dana White money.

TheRealMrBeefy - 
BuddyBones -
CindyO - 0/10.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
You shut your whore mouth! Phone Post 3.0
You should shut your whore mouth before someone shuts it for you.

No way to talk to a lady, especially one of Cindy's caliber. Phone Post 3.0

Ya, she's selling herself short. She's at least a 1.

It's called reinvestment. The UFC is expanding globally. Nobody else is doing that.

There is no rule that what is made has to be redistributed to the workers. Look how much cash Apple is sitting on for example.

Besides, UFC is paying their fighters more than the competition.

VadimWhite - 
bjws - It's called reinvestment. The UFC is expanding globally. Nobody else is doing that.

There is no rule that what is made has to be redistributed to the workers. Look how much cash Apple is sitting on for example.

Besides, UFC is paying their fighters more than the competition.

UFC didn't pay Fernandes more than One FC did, didn't pay Khalidov more than KSW did, didn't pay Alvarez more than Bellator did.

Yeah, right, I'm sure that had they done that, it could've damaged their plans to conquer the world.

BTW, WSOF started to expand globally, and they don't even have their 10 events yet.

Aoki also turned down the UFC's offer because he makes more money elsewhere.