The Ultimate FIghter 7 ????

I think the best selling point for the 145 class is the recent purchase of Pride. Japan has a HUGE selection of 145 lb fighters. I don't know. I'd just like to see them add the 6th weight class, and they have the stars to do it already under contract with the WEC...

TUF 7 should be 8 145ers and 8 135ers, with Hermes Franca and Yves Edwards as coaches

"this time it was no Xyience or car"

They both got cars. They got new Mustangs. I think they are Roush Mustangs too.

I like MXEh's idea of US vs. Canada. Or how about camp vs. camp? Get MFS in there against Randy's team, or ATT or whatever. Heck get 4 camps in there, Survivor style.

And anyone else think maybe it would be a good idea to do the show in segments? Like tape for 1 or 2 weeks, take a break and air, then go back to taping? I'm getting the idea that 6 weeks is driving these guys crazy, that's not cool. Plus you'd open it up for fighters who can't do the 6 week grind, maybe they're single parents or something. Any thoughts?

put me and OMA on it. guaranetted ratings.

id beat that midget down and poop on his belt.
look i already started the feud

Pretty good ideas there. The camp vs camp sounds like a good idea although IFL might think they are being copied. Also I agree about the 6 week thing. I know it would be really hard for me to leave for 6 weeks being that I have a newborn baby. I'd like to tryout sometime but I know I couldnt get myself to leave for 6 weeks.

'I'd like to tryout sometime but I know I couldnt get myself to leave for 6 weeks.'

Exactly, but you should still have a shot at it. So it becomes the question of whether or not the show is really for finding great new fighters, or if it's to showcase a couple shoe-ins with others thrown in for entertainment purposes.

I think there are probably a lot of fighters in your position, and I'd hate not to see them just because they can't do 6 straight weeks. Doesn't mean they don't want it any less.

Besides I think changing the format a bit would be good for ratings. But you may be right about the camp vs. camp/IFL connection.

how about TUF 7 picks 16 fighters to train at their own gyms. Have that taped, get an insight into their lives and why they fight.

And then they are flown to the Vegas complex, or a respective site to fight. And winner advances, loser goes home and is done with the show. They sign non-disclosure contracts so people wont know who wins the fight. Or they stay in vegas at the house a week after the fight so they can "heal up any battle wounds" so their faces done give away much.

But it would allow for more character development to see the fighters in their own town/gym/spaces instead of forced conflicts and drama, and editing to develop their desired characters

i have trademark copywright son that btw Dana

TUF 7 is 170 pounders, TUF 8 would be cool if they did HWTS & LT. WTS at the same time!

TUF 7 should be:

a) Held somewhere that the US athletic commissions have no jurisdiction
b) An open-weight 16-man tournament
c) BIG cash prizes (6-fig) for quarter, semi and finalists (ie no contract offer, more of a showcase for all the fighters)
d) PRIDE rules

Okay well not necessarily TUF 7 then. I just meant the next available TUF...

I'd just love to see the inclusion of the 145 pounders. There are some real quality fighters in that class that are forced into 155. When you have 155ers cutting down from 175, that makes it pretty brutal.

harharhar

i know 3 guys that ARE on the show.

harharhar

NO, please don't turn MMA into boxing. kthnx

"how about TUF 7 picks 16 fighters to train at their own gyms. Have that taped, get an insight into their lives and why they fight.

And then they are flown to the Vegas complex, or a respective site to fight. And winner advances, loser goes home and is done with the show. They sign non-disclosure contracts so people wont know who wins the fight. Or they stay in vegas at the house a week after the fight so they can "heal up any battle wounds" so their faces done give away much.

But it would allow for more character development to see the fighters in their own town/gym/spaces instead of forced conflicts and drama, and editing to develop their desired characters "

Bodog did this for season 1.  They came to our hometowns, followed us around a bit, and interviewed family and friends.  Then they came to our respective gyms/schools and shot us training.  Then they flew us all to Costa Rica, treated us like we had inhereted the thrown of a small country, and we fought.  The winners went on to fight the Russian Red Devil team on the PPV that followed.  Keith Wiesnewski and Chael Sonnen's segments were kewl.  I like seeing how other people train, and how they relate to others in their gyms.  Wish they had stuck with that format.

A 145 lb house would be sweet. Smaller guys are so much more exciting.

If TUF did a chic house, there would be homicides...LMAO... let the fun begin! Split it, 8 135 lbers and 8 125 lbers.

I'd like to see a TUF house UK. Biszping is one of my favorite TUF guys. There's gotta be more. Split house (2 weights).

ttt

ttt

I agree. I want all one weight class in the house. I doubt that Zuffa will add one more weight class. Asking for two is pushing it...