The worlds most boring fighter.

#1. Ken shamrock. 

During the quarantine I’ve gone back and watched the early UFC’s for the first time since I was probably 13 years old. Ken is without a doubt the worst. Paul Varlens was a terrible fighter but he at least provided some entertainment. Ken humped more dudes to death than Rocco steele.

Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

During the quarantine I’ve gone back and watched the early UFC’s for the first time since I was probably 13 years old. Ken is without a doubt the worst. Paul Varlens was a terrible fighter but he at least provided some entertainment. Ken humped more dudes to death than Rocco steele.

ufc ken was bad

pancrase ken was good

flemingo -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

ufc ken was bad

pancrase ken was good

Good at works, dives and fixed fights in Pancrase. 

I remember when decision Dan was a thing, then Hendo became one of the most exciting fighters in MMA.

1 Like

Phil Davis and Antonio Mckee

Non N00B -
flemingo -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

ufc ken was bad

pancrase ken was good

Good at works, dives and fixed fights in Pancrase. 

yep, leon djik out here letting ken break his leg for the craft

2 Likes
DagwoodDogwoggle -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

Finally!  Some fresh eyes not looking through rose colored glasses.

I have ALWAYS thought Kenny Wayne was boring and over rated.  His fight IQ was a point ofcontention for me too.

A few years back I wrote a thesis (FRAT) on this forum about Shamrock was NEVER good.  I was surprised how many people who did read it told me they were hostile going in to it but by the time they read the whole thing they had to admit while they didn’t lik it, I had made a solid case.  It was based on his record, the things he said, but mostly the things he DID.  Actions lowder than words.  His record seaks volumes when you look at why he never won a UFC Tourney or why he did not participate or why, “Petey MY HEART,” happened.

I think saying ken was never good is disengenous, he was very good when he let himself be

pre wwe, when he wasn’t in his own way, he was a tough guy up at the top of mma fighters between 1993 and 1997

he did however quite often get in his own way and fuck up his own chances

after wwf he wasn’t the same guy

he spent 3 years on cocaine, cheating on his wife and not being tested and reminded how he’d need to work to be a legit threat again

coming back to fighting after that was a mistake but at least we got ken vs don frye out of it 

2 Likes

I never agree with these. Everyone says Ryan Hall is boring, but he's on my top 10 most interesting. I've watched both Woodley vs. Thompson fights mutliple times to learn more about distance management.

I always enjoyed Ken Shamrock fights in his prime. 

2 Likes

Jessica Eye. I literally cannot name a single one of her wins. The only losses I remember are Calvillo, since it just happened, and Shevchenko, since her Roblox death sound is the result of one of the greatest KO's in MMA history.

Also Tanner Boser

......and Raquel Pennington, how she continually gets main card slots is beyond me

At least Ken was always entertaining outside of the ring. 

The most boring person in MMA is probably some undercard dude who just doesn't disappear. Charles Rosa and there's is this other guy who is just the definition of mediocre / boring but guess what I don't actually remember his name.

DagwoodDogwoggle - 
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

I have ALWAYS thought Kenny Wayne was boring and over rated.  His fight IQ was a point ofcontention for me too.

A few years back I wrote a thesis (FRAT) on this forum about Shamrock was NEVER good.  I was surprised how many people who did read it told me they were hostile going in to it but by the time they read the whole thing they had to admit while they didn’t lik it, I had made a solid case.  It was based on his record, the things he said, but mostly the things he DID.  Actions lowder than words.  His record seaks volumes when you look at why he never won a UFC Tourney or why he did not participate or why, “Petey MY HEART,” happened.

Saying Ken was never good is absurd.

He was arguably the top MMA fighter for a time in the 90s, and not many people can say that.

Also, he had a lot of fights in the 90s, was very active.

And other than the first loss to Royce, nobody really kicked his ass until he fought Tito at LHW with a torn acl.

That’s a lot of fights and a lot of tough dudes.

I could go on and counter every point you want to make… but it’s time consuming.

Ken absolutely deserves criticism for some of the choices he made, both in and out of the ring.

But saying he was never good, is demonstrably false.

flemingo - 
DagwoodDogwoggle -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

I think saying ken was never good is disengenous, he was very good when he let himself be

pre wwe, when he wasn’t in his own way, he was a tough guy up at the top of mma fighters between 1993 and 1997

he spent 3 years on cocaine, cheating on his wife and not being tested and reminded how he’d need to work to be a legit threat again

coming back to fighting after that was a mistake but at least we got ken vs don frye out of it 

Also he had bad knees and reinjured his neck in WWF.

IMO, if he had retired after the rematch with Kimo, his legacy would be much different.

The loss to Tito would be like a badge of honor.

Ken kept fighting way way too long.

Was hard to watch.

Curtis Blaydes

Watch Joe Moreira’s UFC fights before bed to get some shuteye.

1 Like

I loved watching many of the fighters who some claim are boring: Askren, Fitch, Hall, etc.

To me, two people who are legitimately boring are Shields and Colton Smith. Where Askren, Fitch, and Hall were always working, Smith and Shields did indeed just hold people down.

Antonio McKee

1 Like

Holly Holme is getting up there, aside from two KOs

You can complain about Fitch, McKee, etc. but at least they made physical contact with their opponents. 

I have observed Holly Holme, and several other WMMA fighters literally punching and kicking AIR for rounds at a time.

2 Likes
onepunchJD -
flemingo - 
DagwoodDogwoggle -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

Also he had bad knees and reinjured his neck in WWF.

IMO, if he had retired after the rematch with Kimo, his legacy would be much different.

The loss to Tito would be like a badge of honor.

Ken kept fighting way way too long.

Was hard to watch.

Did you read the JE Snowden biography of ken? Its a portal into a completely alien state of mind

Karate hottie is awful 

2 Likes

John fitch.  25 minutes of a Ppv just wasted.  

3 Likes