The worlds most boring fighter.

Lots of knowledge dropped so far.  That said, growing up watching shamrock I certainly couldnt say he was anything less than top tier. By the time the ortiz fights came around, we all knew he was past his prime and cashing in.  Imo top 10 legend for sure.

Also kirik i voted you down just cause. Never have before so fuck it.

Askren. 

and all wmma

1 Like

By the way, did Shamrock ever admit to blading himself before the kimbo fight?  I mean that shit was just straight up obvious.

McKee, Phillip Miller 

antonio mckee

tyron woodley

jon fitch

Bartosz Fabinski.

flemingo - 
onepunchJD -
flemingo - 
DagwoodDogwoggle -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

During the quarantine I’ve gone back and watched the early UFC’s for the first time since I was probably 13 years old. Ken is without a doubt the worst. Paul Varlens was a terrible fighter but he at least provided some entertainment. Ken humped more dudes to death than Rocco steele.

Finally!  Some fresh eyes not looking through rose colored glasses.

I have ALWAYS thought Kenny Wayne was boring and over rated.  His fight IQ was a point ofcontention for me too.

A few years back I wrote a thesis (FRAT) on this forum about Shamrock was NEVER good.  I was surprised how many people who did read it told me they were hostile going in to it but by the time they read the whole thing they had to admit while they didn’t lik it, I had made a solid case.  It was based on his record, the things he said, but mostly the things he DID.  Actions lowder than words.  His record seaks volumes when you look at why he never won a UFC Tourney or why he did not participate or why, “Petey MY HEART,” happened.

I think saying ken was never good is disengenous, he was very good when he let himself be

pre wwe, when he wasn’t in his own way, he was a tough guy up at the top of mma fighters between 1993 and 1997

he did however quite often get in his own way and fuck up his own chances

after wwf he wasn’t the same guy

he spent 3 years on cocaine, cheating on his wife and not being tested and reminded how he’d need to work to be a legit threat again

coming back to fighting after that was a mistake but at least we got ken vs don frye out of it 

Also he had bad knees and reinjured his neck in WWF.

IMO, if he had retired after the rematch with Kimo, his legacy would be much different.

The loss to Tito would be like a badge of honor.

Ken kept fighting way way too long.

Was hard to watch.

Did you read the JE Snowden biography of ken? Its a portal into a completely alien state of mind

I haven’t gotten the chance yet.

Read Inside The Lions Den and Beyond The Lions Den.

Looking forward to this one.

His first book is like the Disney promotional version of Ken, lol.

From what I hear, this latest one blows the lid off of what the second book and interviews only scratched the surface about.

Jared Rosholt. He had a 6 and  2 record in the UFC and still got cut due to being boring.

UFC Askren was exciting as hell and all 3 of his fights ended in finishes,  one within 5 seconds!

Rosholt is the most boring.  He's the Heavyweight, slower Jon Fitch, who is #2 on my list.

95% of women's mma gets the #3 spot.

1 Like
2breath2feel -

Karate hottie is awful 

Her thighs make her watchable though

I’d say it’s either Fitch or Caraway.

onepunchJD -
flemingo - 
onepunchJD -
flemingo - 
DagwoodDogwoggle -
Arzn1ck -

#1. Ken shamrock. 

During the quarantine I’ve gone back and watched the early UFC’s for the first time since I was probably 13 years old. Ken is without a doubt the worst. Paul Varlens was a terrible fighter but he at least provided some entertainment. Ken humped more dudes to death than Rocco steele.

Finally!  Some fresh eyes not looking through rose colored glasses.

I have ALWAYS thought Kenny Wayne was boring and over rated.  His fight IQ was a point ofcontention for me too.

A few years back I wrote a thesis (FRAT) on this forum about Shamrock was NEVER good.  I was surprised how many people who did read it told me they were hostile going in to it but by the time they read the whole thing they had to admit while they didn’t lik it, I had made a solid case.  It was based on his record, the things he said, but mostly the things he DID.  Actions lowder than words.  His record seaks volumes when you look at why he never won a UFC Tourney or why he did not participate or why, “Petey MY HEART,” happened.

I think saying ken was never good is disengenous, he was very good when he let himself be

pre wwe, when he wasn’t in his own way, he was a tough guy up at the top of mma fighters between 1993 and 1997

he did however quite often get in his own way and fuck up his own chances

after wwf he wasn’t the same guy

he spent 3 years on cocaine, cheating on his wife and not being tested and reminded how he’d need to work to be a legit threat again

coming back to fighting after that was a mistake but at least we got ken vs don frye out of it 

Also he had bad knees and reinjured his neck in WWF.

IMO, if he had retired after the rematch with Kimo, his legacy would be much different.

The loss to Tito would be like a badge of honor.

Ken kept fighting way way too long.

Was hard to watch.

Did you read the JE Snowden biography of ken? Its a portal into a completely alien state of mind

I haven’t gotten the chance yet.

Read Inside The Lions Den and Beyond The Lions Den.

Looking forward to this one.

His first book is like the Disney promotional version of Ken, lol.

From what I hear, this latest one blows the lid off of what the second book and interviews only scratched the surface about.

Oh yeah, its a fucken wild ride, I don't understand people thinking or acting the way ken did, just the level of hedonism is out of control

I watched UFC 10 tonight and was surprised at how one dimensional they were . Ken had subs and striking when a lot of guys were only one trick pony’s. It’s crazy though looking back at these fights and seeing guys that literally knew nothing compared to a fighter just getting his break in the UFC.

Ken was a better pro wrestler than fighter.

Mynameisburns - Ken was a better pro wrestler than fighter.

Disagree.

At his peak he was among the top handful of fighters on the planet.

Ken was a good pro wrestler, no doubt.

But that is more about who is getting the push.

Its not really a competition, so it’s a bad comparison.

onepunchJD - 

Disagree.

I think its a fair argument

Mynameisburns -
onepunchJD - 

Disagree.

Shoot Ken shits all over wwe ken

Dan Severn was boring to me as a kid...

flemingo - 
Mynameisburns -
onepunchJD - 

Disagree.

Shoot Ken shits all over wwe ken

Sunk heel hook vs fake ankle lock.

Hmmmm…

Dugs95 - 

Dan Severn was boring to me as a kid...

He had some snoozers.

But I have a very high level of respect for that man.