This is the amateur version of what Rogan wants

Kudo

Take the helmets off and widen that mat up a bit and were moeny baby.

Also, do you think this is a great base for people to transition to MMA from?

Neato

That was pretty good, seemed like a bit of a mismatch.  The guy in the white had pretty good hands.  Thanks for posting.

I think a big platform like what they do the gymnastics floor routines on would be the optimal arena for MMA

I been watching Kudo videos for an hour now.

Saltine American -

Neato

Close

PorkJackhammer - I think a big platform like what they do the gymnastics floor routines on would be the optimal arena for MMA
This is an interesting idea. That would be great. If an elevated platform like that though, need some way to keep the fighters from falling off. Love the idea though.

Cool

ko thru helmet!

Kudo? Those were some good ass granola bars imo

This is like the equivalent of sending out the bat signal for Dan the wolfman, is he still around here?

Minoki Ichihara, Royce Gracie's first opponent at UFC 2, was a two-time kudo world champion.

Anek - Minoki Ichihara, Royce Gracie's first opponent at UFC 2, was a two-time kudo world champion.

It wasn't even called Kudo until 2001.

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye - 
Anek - Minoki Ichihara, Royce Gracie's first opponent at UFC 2, was a two-time kudo world champion.

What's your point?

Anek - 

What's your point?

I guess the "Hokutoki Championship" he won twice isn't considered a world championship, but it was Daidojuku's biggest tournament at the time.

Killer stuff! Thanks for posting BrownEye.
VTFU

Anek - 
Anek - 

What's your point?

I guess the "Hokutoki Championship" he won twice isn't considered a world championship, but it was Daidojuku's biggest tournament at the time.

I been looking for video of him and can only find pad work and his fight with Royce. He looks dangerous as fuck though.

Well done op

Anek - 
Anek - 

What's your point?

I been looking for video of him and can only find pad work and his fight with Royce. He looks dangerous as fuck though.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/28/4360684/ufc-1-fighters-redux-part-1-careers-profiles-mma-news

Minoki Ichihara - Ichihara is an almost legendary figure in MMA history. Hard to believe for a man with one recorded professional fight, which he lost. Born in 1968, in the Shimane Prefecture in Japan, Ichihara was one of the rising stars of Japanese Karate. He was trained under Takashi Azuma, founder of the Daido Juku Karate organization in 1981. Daido Juku was a hybrid split-off of Kyokushin Karate incorporating Judo techniques (as well as headbutting, notably). T.P. Grant went into more detail about it and Azuma in his MMA Origins piece.

He was the 1990, 91, and 92 Hokutoki (Daido Juku event) heavyweight tournament champion, as well as the 1990 and 1993 openweight tournament champion. Despite entering UFC 2 without any official MMA bouts he had fought several times in alternate rules events pitting Daido Juku fighters against martial artists from other promotions and disciplines. Here he fights an unnamed Russian fighter in a K-1 rules bout. It's hard to grasp what sort of figure he was in Japan. The best I can say is that he was a well covered star in Japanese Karate, and was regularly featured in Japanese Karate Magazines in the years prior to UFC 2. When he made the trip to the US it was with a large press contingent, set upon recording what was expected to be an historic victory.