LMMFAO

1 Like

#notmyjiujitsu

2 Likes
forumnewb -
Red Stuff - Michael Musumeci Jr. vs João Miyao at the 2017 World Championships

I don’t understand how those dudes don’t tap or have major injuries

I don’t either. 

I know some folks seem not to tap to toe holds in particular, but I’ve had my ankle “popped” by one applied by a strong blackbelt.  Quite loud and sudden, and immediately rotated past the range it had naturally stopped at moments before. 

Didn’t hurt while the hold was applied or even when it “popped.”  It hurt later that day though, and swelled up on the side.  It was sensitive for months thereafter whenever I had to sit over it (rolling up to combat base, etc.) or someone attempted any type of ankle attack.

My takeaway on toe holds is a bit like what everyone says about heel hooks–you don’t know they’re about to cause damage until they cause it.  

These guys (especially the Miyaos) seem to let their limbs get shredded rather than tap.  It’s crazy.

2 Likes

Modern gi BJJ under feather is unwatchable. Watch Bruno and Caio in this year's World's. God awful

3 Likes

This is where the SD BJJ guys post and then later get sad when they realize 120 lbs BJJ dudes like Miyao would break there foot off in the streetz lol

liquidrob - This is where the SD BJJ guys post and then later get sad when they realize 120 lbs BJJ dudes like Miyao would break there foot off in the streetz lol

We must have watched different videos.

1 Like

When people ask, "What is Brazilian Jiu jitsu...?"

I will simply show them that.

3 Likes
MTH -
forumnewb -
Red Stuff - Michael Musumeci Jr. vs JoĂŁo Miyao at the 2017 World Championships

I don’t understand how those dudes don’t tap or have major injuries

I don’t either.

I know some folks seem not to tap to toe holds in particular, but I’ve had my ankle “popped” by one applied by a strong blackbelt. Quite loud and sudden, and immediately rotated past the range it had naturally stopped at moments before.

Didn’t hurt while the hold was applied or even when it “popped.” It hurt later that day though, and swelled up on the side. It was sensitive for months thereafter whenever I had to sit over it (rolling up to combat base, etc.) or someone attempted any type of ankle attack.

My takeaway on toe holds is a bit like what everyone says about heel hooks–you don’t know they’re about to cause damage until they cause it.

These guys (especially the Miyaos) seem to let their limbs get shredded rather than tap. It’s crazy.

I bet Miyao’s knees and feet are only attached by skin by now. Would love to see an MRI of their joints. Makes no sense.

2 Likes

You beat me to posting that pic lol

Alien level

1 Like
liquidrob - You beat me to posting that pic lol

Alien level

So true.  

Facial expressions need to be reversed in that pic.

1 Like
Soul Gravy - #notmyjiujitsu

#notyourjiujitsu for sure. Yours is obselete nowhere near that level. You think your jiujitsu is good but facts are, both guys have mastered fundamentals and basics at a level far beyond yours at a level you couldn't comprehend. Add in their intermediate and advanced games, they're speaking a language you don't even understand

mideastgrappler - 

#notyourjiujitsu for sure. Yours is obselete nowhere near that level. You think your jiujitsu is good but facts are, both guys have mastered fundamentals and basics at a level far beyond yours at a level you couldn't comprehend. Add in their intermediate and advanced games, they're speaking a language you don't even understand

And it still wouldn’t work with strikes, which defeats the purpose of the art as originally practised.

2 Likes

i cringe everytime i see a toehold. i vividly rememeber eduardo telles vs margarida , and telles foot folded in half at the arch . a toehold isnt supposed to attack the foot like that from my experience, but when it broke and telles yelped, i was shocked.

then telles gets up and tries to straighten his foot out by “scraping” it along the ground, visibly in pain

1 Like
Red Stuff -

how utterly suburban

2 Likes
Lazarus -
mideastgrappler - 

And it still wouldn’t work with strikes, which defeats the purpose of the art as originally practised.

If you challenge them and tell them BJJ rules only, no strikes allowed, engage them, then sucker punch them since they’re under the guise that strikes aren’t allowed, then yes, they may not be as effective

Now if you man up and challenge them and tell them strikes allowed, grappling wise, you will probably still get your shit pushed in

Just like boxing…you tell them their head movement won’t work witht heir slipping and combinations…that’s true if you make them think only boxing. But now tell them kicks are allowed, you may still catch them off guard but the chances of them whooping your ass witht heir specialty skills is still highly possible

mideastgrappler -
Lazarus -
mideastgrappler - 

If you challenge them and tell them BJJ rules only, no strikes allowed, engage them, then sucker punch them since they’re under the guise that strikes aren’t allowed, then yes, they may not be as effective

Now if you man up and challenge them and tell them strikes allowed, grappling wise, you will probably still get your shit pushed in

Just like boxing…you tell them their head movement won’t work witht heir slipping and combinations…that’s true if you make them think only boxing. But now tell them kicks are allowed, you may still catch them off guard but the chances of them whooping your ass witht heir specialty skills is still highly possible

If you are talking a sport trained guy and an elite, but just ad crappy strking…sure.

IMO there is so much more to training jiujitsu for fighting than just adding strikes. Competant striking, footwork, movements, controlling/pinn8ng and striking with.power&precision v flailing are very different.

And who cares what an elite athlete can do…what can the averge joe do with that training methodology?..is it useful, efficeint, effectivee?m

2 Likes

hmmm...

2 Likes