This is why I don't like Mighty Mouse..

I was a bit surprised to hear DJ on Ariel’s show saying he did not want to do it at 135, and that he would only consider it at 125. That didn’t make sense to me. Why grant a self entitled crybaby an opportunity at winning a belt in your weight class while he risks nothing? It’s the same payday at either weight class...and the guy who has defended 10+ times should have the choice of taking the other guy’s belt, not the other way around. But I respect him for saying he had no desire to stick around a defend against 160lb guys that cut to 135. That made sense. 

But then he also seemed ok with defending his belt at 125 against the cry baby. So, not sure what fell apart. I don’t think he was lying to us when he said he would do it. 

He wants to just keep taking easier fights to collect paychecks, while taking the smallest gambles possible, and hope whining about his pay will increase it.

No one cares about this guy fighting other munchkins.

RenzoStudent2004 - He wants to just keep taking easier fights to collect paychecks, while taking the smallest gambles possible, and hope whining about his pay will increase it.

No one cares about this guy fighting other munchkins.

But again…coulsnt that be said about nearly every champion?

TJ isn’t requesting to fight Max.

Max’s next fight isn’t Conor.

Conor’s isn’t calling out Woodley.

Whitaker isn’t saying he wants DC upon his return.

Hughes never went up.

Chuck never went up.

Cruz didn’t request Aldo.

Seems they are all fighting guys their own size and weight class.

It is tough to call him the GOAT when probably 1-2% of the healthy adult American male population would fit into his weight class.

If MM wanted to make waves, and I firmly believe that he could, rematch Cruz. He needs a marketable fight also. Fight TJ or Garbrandt or someone that will draw attention. Ray Borg isn’t cutting it if he wants to break through that 5’3 glass ceiling.

United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 

He can’t win at 135. He’s the greatest 125’er but that’s as far as his greatness goes. 

Wasn’t he something like 10-2 at 135, with a loss to Cruz and another one early in his career? He has proven that he can win at 135.

He can’t win now is my point. He’s avoided going up and he’s even avoided fighters coming down to fight him. It’s obvious. 

He might not be the best at 135 and he wasn’t the best back then. He would still be top 3-5 at worst.

I don’t Believe he would be top 3. MAybe 5. He is afraid to do it so we won’t know.  He’s the greatest Flyweight ever. That’s it. No more than that. 

Who do you feel would beat him at 135 today?

Cruz again. Dillashaw. Garbrandt if he could get it done early.  Assuncao would be a great fight. 

EKPOGI -
Samoa -
NicolasRGC - ^ like I said, same for Anderson. Leben, Lutter, Maia who flopped on his back for 5 rounds... you can't expect a champ to ONLY fight killers, that's just the nature of the talent pool.

Anderson went up as a champ and fought a former champ at 205.  I think MM is a victim of his own greatness.  He's obviously not getting challenged at his weight since he's won the belt and people want to see him test himself.  Thats why my position is that he is clearly the greatest WW of all time.  The discussion, IMO, doesn't go beyond that though because he has had the opportunity to fight a 135 champ who wants to come down to fight him and he simply isn't interested.

He didn't cheat and did steroids like Anderson Silva.Anderson fought a former Champ in Forrest,but that's not as good as fighting for the title in lhw like MM did.with all the steroids that Silva did he didn't have the balls to fight for the title.MM fought for the 135 strap and fought another 135 title contender in Joe Benevidez and knock him.the fuck out.also beat Dodson who knocked out TJ.and he has 10 wins at 135 as a part time fighter.

I’m not the one that brought up Anderson. I was responding to the post that did. 

Son of Neckbone - It is tough to call him the GOAT when probably 1-2% of the healthy adult American male population would fit into his weight class.

If MM wanted to make waves, and I firmly believe that he could, rematch Cruz. He needs a marketable fight also. Fight TJ or Garbrandt or someone that will draw attention. Ray Borg isn’t cutting it if he wants to break through that 5’3 glass ceiling.

TJ would draw attention? The last time he headlined a ppv he did 120k buys. It was one of the worst selling ppv’s in ufc history. Don’t act like TJ is this huge star.

But again, if TJ wants to make waves, why not fight Max? Winning the belt one class up, against the guy who dominated Aldo would be way more impressive.

Or is he scared like you all say MM is scared?

mix headroom -

10 lbs is a huge step up when you're that small. He's the best ever at his weight class. I don't blame him.

phhh 10 whole pounds

'legacy' is his best leverage to negotiate paydays with the UFC. I don't blame him at all.

The critque that MM is afraid of losing to T.J. Dillashaw is silly. Who is T.J.anyway? Dillashaw needs MM and not the other way around. That is why Dillashaw is pushing so hard and MM isn't. Dillashaw has been KO-ed Dodson, and beat soundly by Cruz. No casuals know who the Dillawshaw is. No matter what Bang says. 

United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 

He can’t win at 135. He’s the greatest 125’er but that’s as far as his greatness goes. 

Wasn’t he something like 10-2 at 135, with a loss to Cruz and another one early in his career? He has proven that he can win at 135.

He can’t win now is my point. He’s avoided going up and he’s even avoided fighters coming down to fight him. It’s obvious. 

He might not be the best at 135 and he wasn’t the best back then. He would still be top 3-5 at worst.

I don’t Believe he would be top 3. MAybe 5. He is afraid to do it so we won’t know.  He’s the greatest Flyweight ever. That’s it. No more than that. 

Cruz again. Dillashaw. Garbrandt if he could get it done early.  Assuncao would be a great fight. 

Cruz is too shop-worn IMO. Not like he blew DJ out of the water the first time, and DJ made huge improvements since then while Dominic's body gadually fell apart.

Dillashaw or Garbrandt would be awesome and I think the only two I would favor over DJ at 135.

Moraes or Assuncao would be intersting... he already beat Dodson (twice) and Horiguchi... Lineker would have a puncher's chance at best, and I'm not yet completely sold on Jimmie Riviera. So yeah, DJ would be Top 5 easy, and very possibly Top 3.

Cruz indeed blew him out of the water. Go back and see again. Suplexed him multiple times, swole up his jaw something awful. Cruz v MM was not even close.

designationzero -
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 

Cruz is too shop-worn IMO. Not like he blew DJ out of the water the first time, and DJ made huge improvements since then while Dominic's body gadually fell apart.

Dillashaw or Garbrandt would be awesome and I think the only two I would favor over DJ at 135.

Moraes or Assuncao would be intersting... he already beat Dodson (twice) and Horiguchi... Lineker would have a puncher's chance at best, and I'm not yet completely sold on Jimmie Riviera. So yeah, DJ would be Top 5 easy, and very possibly Top 3.

Cruz indeed blew him out of the water. Go back and see again. Suplexed him multiple times, swole up his jaw something awful. Cruz v MM was not even close.

When you watched mm vs Dom ,what did you think of the standup exchanges?

EKPOGI -
designationzero -
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 

When you watched mm vs Dom ,what did you think of the standup exchanges?

I thought that Cruz wouldn't win a stand up battle. I thought MM would have out pointed him. Cruz rarely is outstruck and I think Cruz had to find another way to win. So he wrassled MM up. It was pure domination. Suplexed him multiple times, had MM's back and flattened out, had full mount multiple times, and spent most of his time in side control. Cruz used this to tire MM out, and that's the only reason Cruz was able to hurt MM at the end of the fight. 

FrontBroRian -
Son of Neckbone - It is tough to call him the GOAT when probably 1-2% of the healthy adult American male population would fit into his weight class.

TJ would draw attention? The last time he headlined a ppv he did 120k buys. It was one of the worst selling ppv’s in ufc history. Don’t act like TJ is this huge star.

But again, if TJ wants to make waves, why not fight Max? Winning the belt one class up, against the guy who dominated Aldo would be way more impressive.

TJ fights in a division with many talented dangerous fighters. The guys in his division make waves fighting eachother.

MM fights a bunch of pillow fisted elves. 125 is a fucking joke. 

BJTT-Frank Rizzo - 
FrontBroRian -

TJ fights in a division with many talented dangerous fighters. The guys in his division make waves fighting eachother.

Dodson and Cejudo are pillow fisted? TJ disagrees about Dodson for sure.

BJTT-Frank Rizzo - 
FrontBroRian -

Ya funny…seems he wants to avoid all those dangerous fighters to fight a guy a division down. Must be a huge pussy.

Dom best him. Dodson knocked his block off. He’s 1-1 with Assuncao. Was losing to Cody before the nice KO.

Does he want to rematch any of those guys? Fuck no. Does he want to step UP and fight Max, Aldo, Edgar, Ortega? Not a chance in hell.

mix headroom -

10 lbs is a huge step up when you're that small. He's the best ever at his weight class. I don't blame him.

No one is asking him to step up 10 pounds (despite the fact that it is something every other fighter in the 'GOAT' talk has done).  TJ said he has made and can make 125 no problem.

Next excuse?

Giventofly99 -

Consider whag percent of grown men can make 125. Hes not the greatest not even close.

Lol wut

Dodging Mouse

Post Ban -

He has to be like that. Dana White has come out and trashed him so many times the only thing Mighty Mouse has protecting him is his record. The second Mighty Mouse losses he's out and he knows that. You think they don't promote him or put him on good cards now, wait untill he has a loss or two on his record.

I came here to post words to this effect.