This is why I don't like Mighty Mouse..

United Yorkie Rescue -
ThunderlipsTapped - 

DJ is male version of ronda rousey.

Complete hype job,  all marketing. 

The difference being that DJ doesn't actually  believe his own bullshit,  like ronda did (probably because he has higher than a middle school education). 

It's not that DJ is that good,  its that his competition @ 125 is that bad,  and he knows that. He's not a dummy.  

How many grown ass men can make 125lbs (rhetorical question)? Not many.

You could ask an stadium full of able bodied, athletic men, who could make 125lbs AND be willing to fight in the UFC for peanuts.... 10 would raise their hand,  and there's your FW top 10....

Theres just not that many who *can* and even less people that *want* to fight at 125.... 

^ That's why 125 will NEVER draw money and why DJ can NEVER be considered the GOAT.  

Comparing DJ to Rousey is absurd.

Henry Cejudo, Olympic gold medalist in wrestling.

Joe B - one of the top 125/135 fighters of the last decade.

How’s that koolaid taste,  bro?  

Sara mcmann was an Olympic medalist too… In a higher weight class… Lol

JB has been around for awhile,  but he’s never been able to win "the big one." Plus,  he was almost 30 years old, by the time he fought DJ… As was cejudo… (Cruz fought the best version of JB) 

DJ’s division is FULL of wec guys who couldn’t get it done @ 135… I’m sorry dude,  dj’s division is every bit as deep as the penny fountain in the mall… 

Add to that the fact that its not athletically impressive,  whatsoever,  to throw around or beat up a 125lb man… 

You realize that these guys are the size of middle schoolers,  right?

Not hatin,  just sayin. 

mix headroom -

10 lbs is a huge step up when you're that small. He's the best ever at his weight class. I don't blame him.

Yes but TJ said he would go to 125 to fight MM and he won't do it.

Ehh not his fault there’s not enough competition at 125… why should HE move up? That’s like saying Anderson isn’t GOAT material because he didn’t challenge the LHW champ at the time. It’s not like he consistently fought top competition…

After two pages people still think he’s supposed to move up. Tj wants the fight at 125 to get 2 belts! 

Lights Out Lurker - 
Ed Fetish -

Mighty Mouse could clear out his division for the next five years and nobody will be calling him a legend. 

Correct, which is what he's done. He's not the GOAT because he won't take chances that actually challenge him. Every other champion wants to move up, get super fights, etc. After just one title defense. He wants to keep picking on the little kids.

Every champ wants to move up? I can’t imagine what you think of TJ then, choosing to go down instead of asking for the Max fight.

64FordF100 -

I like him, but I see what you're saying.  I think part of it is the win bonuses and how the UFC seems to take fighter's records as a part of negotiating their contracts.  He doubles his money if he wins, he can negotiate his next contract as champion if he doesn't lose.  The sport is different from what it used to be.

You’ve just taken an argument that applies to a massive percentage of the people in this sport - not coincidentally one in headlines right now - and applied it to one of the only people it has no effect on. No, he doesn’t get win bonuses or double his money if he wins. He has been fighting and winning continuously but his money has plateaued long ago, which is why fighting TJ actually makes sense (and why he wants to be so heavily compensated for it). A loss here likely doesn’t effect his contract at all, he could certainly still make the 200k he’s got for most of his reign as champion win lose or draw. 

FrontBroRian -
Samoa - 
FrontBroRian -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 

He can’t win at 135. He’s the greatest 125’er but that’s as far as his greatness goes. 

Wasn’t he something like 10-2 at 135, with a loss to Cruz and another one early in his career? He has proven that he can win at 135.

He can’t win now is my point. He’s avoided going up and he’s even avoided fighters coming down to fight him. It’s obvious. 

He might not be the best at 135 and he wasn’t the best back then. He would still be top 3-5 at worst.

I don’t Believe he would be top 3. MAybe 5. He is afraid to do it so we won’t know.  He’s the greatest Flyweight ever. That’s it. No more than that. 

I assume you feel dillishaw is afraid of everyone at 145, because he’s never fought here? And max is afraid of everyone at 155…Woodley afraid of everyone at 185, etc…?

If you can’t see that he is ducking TJ…we can stop debating. 

Dana had said the fight has never been officially put offered or put together. If you can’t comprehend it’s impossible to duck a fight never offered, we can stop debating.

And YOU said he was scared to go to 135, plain and simple. By that amazing logic, every fighter in ufc history that cuts weight is scared to fight one class up. Matt Hughes? Scared. Weidman? Terrified. Chuck? Coward. And many others

So we can stop debating. Peace. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2017/6/7/15743188/demetrious-johnson-lays-out-reasons-why-he-doesnt-want-to-fight-t-j-dillashaw

He has his reasons and I respect the decision to stand by what he believes but I still call this ducking. He’s being offered a Superfight. Now this fight would be Champion vs Champion and he still doesn’t want to do it. 

DJ is a great fighter but I can't stand his personality 

Complains about not getting what he's worth but when the opportunity to be in a great fight with a legit threat that the public actually want to see he doesn't really seem interested

Makes no sense other than he's worried there's a good chance he gets beat so he's trying to avoid it to fight another member of the bum of the month club

Samoa - 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2017/6/7/15743188/demetrious-johnson-lays-out-reasons-why-he-doesnt-want-to-fight-t-j-dillashaw

He has his reasons and I respect the decision to stand by what he believes but I still call this ducking. He’s being offered a Superfight. Now this fight would be Champion vs Champion and he still doesn’t want to do it. 

Ahhh June 7th of 2017 eh?

How about January of 2018 interview?

“Recovery is going good,” Johnson said during a recent MetroPCS Q&A. “I had rotator cuff (surgery), labrum and joint clean-out. After 11 title defenses and 12 championship fights, the old dog needs to get some rehab. I got it cleaned up. (With) six weeks recovery, we can get strong again, and hopefully T.J. Dillashaw can get this match done. Hopefully July, International Fight Week, on a big, big card.”

Samoa - 
FrontBroRian -
Samoa - 
FrontBroRian -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
Samoa - 

He can’t win at 135. He’s the greatest 125’er but that’s as far as his greatness goes. 

Wasn’t he something like 10-2 at 135, with a loss to Cruz and another one early in his career? He has proven that he can win at 135.

He can’t win now is my point. He’s avoided going up and he’s even avoided fighters coming down to fight him. It’s obvious. 

He might not be the best at 135 and he wasn’t the best back then. He would still be top 3-5 at worst.

I don’t Believe he would be top 3. MAybe 5. He is afraid to do it so we won’t know.  He’s the greatest Flyweight ever. That’s it. No more than that. 

I assume you feel dillishaw is afraid of everyone at 145, because he’s never fought here? And max is afraid of everyone at 155…Woodley afraid of everyone at 185, etc…?

If you can’t see that he is ducking TJ…we can stop debating. 

Dana had said the fight has never been officially put offered or put together. If you can’t comprehend it’s impossible to duck a fight never offered, we can stop debating.

And YOU said he was scared to go to 135, plain and simple. By that amazing logic, every fighter in ufc history that cuts weight is scared to fight one class up. Matt Hughes? Scared. Weidman? Terrified. Chuck? Coward. And many others

So we can stop debating. Peace. 

Cool…keep your head in the sand, acting like you didn’t say something retarded like he’s scared to fight st 135, when he’s fought there like a dozen times. Whatever you do, avoid all logic.

purplehaze - 

Mighty Mouse is quite possibly the best part of the UFC. He showcases new techniques in title fights and utilizes the most complete, diverse, and technical skill set.   He fights everyone in his weight class. Finishes fights. Has a great personality. Has an entire second job interacting with fans. 

Doesn't get busted for roids or drugs. Doesn't miss weight. Doesn't complain about money in every interview. Doesn't beat his wife ( that we know of).   

This. The UG is saturated with stupidity.

ThunderlipsTapped - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
ThunderlipsTapped - 

The difference being that DJ doesn't actually  believe his own bullshit,  like ronda did (probably because he has higher than a middle school education). 

It's not that DJ is that good,  its that his competition @ 125 is that bad,  and he knows that. He's not a dummy.  

You could ask an stadium full of able bodied, athletic men, who could make 125lbs AND be willing to fight in the UFC for peanuts.... 10 would raise their hand,  and there's your FW top 10....

Theres just not that many who *can* and even less people that *want* to fight at 125.... 

^ That's why 125 will NEVER draw money and why DJ can NEVER be considered the GOAT.  

JB has been around for awhile,  but he’s never been able to win "the big one." Plus,  he was almost 30 years old, by the time he fought DJ… As was cejudo… (Cruz fought the best version of JB) 

DJ’s division is FULL of wec guys who couldn’t get it done @ 135… I’m sorry dude,  dj’s division is every bit as deep as the penny fountain in the mall… 

Add to that the fact that its not athletically impressive,  whatsoever,  to throw around or beat up a 125lb man… 

Not hatin,  just sayin. 

Almost 30? That’s peak. That’s absolute physical peak for a fighter. It’s the perfect convergence between their peak physical form and the culmination of their training and experience.

youarewhatiswrong - 
purplehaze - 

Mighty Mouse is quite possibly the best part of the UFC. He showcases new techniques in title fights and utilizes the most complete, diverse, and technical skill set.   He fights everyone in his weight class. Finishes fights. Has a great personality. Has an entire second job interacting with fans. 

Doesn't get busted for roids or drugs. Doesn't miss weight. Doesn't complain about money in every interview. Doesn't beat his wife ( that we know of).   

very true both

youarewhatiswrong -
ThunderlipsTapped - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
ThunderlipsTapped - 

Not hatin,  just sayin. 

Almost 30? That’s peak. That’s absolute physical peak for a fighter. It’s the perfect convergence between their peak physical form and the culmination of their training and experience.

He is either a troll or a moron. 

NicolasRGC - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
purplehaze - 

very true both

This …MM has fought everyone in his weight class when asked. Including saying he’ll fight TJ. Funny he gets shit on by morons here when it’s TJ who won his belt 5 months ago and has not eve discussed defending in his on weight class once.

Regarding MM’s competition, it’s fine. He’s just that good. You can dissect anyone’s competition. In GSP’s prime, he fought Serra twice, BJ twice, Diaz, Hardy, etc… none of those guys were tearing it up at 170. That’s 5 fights. Years of GSP’s prime, yet he never went up and fought Anderson, Vitor, Chael, etc…

^ like I said, same for Anderson. Leben, Lutter, Maia who flopped on his back for 5 rounds… you can’t expect a champ to ONLY fight killers, that’s just the nature of the talent pool.

NicolasRGC - ^ like I said, same for Anderson. Leben, Lutter, Maia who flopped on his back for 5 rounds... you can't expect a champ to ONLY fight killers, that's just the nature of the talent pool.

Anderson went up as a champ and fought a former champ at 205.  I think MM is a victim of his own greatness.  He's obviously not getting challenged at his weight since he's won the belt and people want to see him test himself.  Thats why my position is that he is clearly the greatest WW of all time.  The discussion, IMO, doesn't go beyond that though because he has had the opportunity to fight a 135 champ who wants to come down to fight him and he simply isn't interested.

Samoa - 
NicolasRGC - ^ like I said, same for Anderson. Leben, Lutter, Maia who flopped on his back for 5 rounds... you can't expect a champ to ONLY fight killers, that's just the nature of the talent pool.

Anderson went up as a champ and fought a former champ at 205.  I think MM is a victim of his own greatness.  He's obviously not getting challenged at his weight since he's won the belt and people want to see him test himself.  Thats why my position is that he is clearly the greatest WW of all time.  The discussion, IMO, doesn't go beyond that though because he has had the opportunity to fight a 135 champ who wants to come down to fight him and he simply isn't interested.

• Says he isn’t interested.

• Is shown a link where MM says he dillishaw is next opponent. Even lists specific card on a specific date in July

• Says again he “simply isn’t interested.”

You seem smart

Samoa -

He didn't cheat and did steroids like Anderson Silva.Anderson fought a former Champ in Forrest,but that's not as good as fighting for the title in lhw like MM did.with all the steroids that Silva did he didn't have the balls to fight for the title.MM fought for the 135 strap and fought another 135 title contender in Joe Benevidez and knock him.the fuck out.also beat Dodson who knocked out TJ.and he has 10 wins at 135 as a part time fighter.