This Sport has the worst fans.

The minute someone loses they suck, HELL EVEN IF YOU WIN YOU SUCK, ala Tim Sylvia. I'm not even thinking about the hardcore, but my friends, who are casual fans, can't help but talk the absoblute worst shit about anyone fighting that they don't like, or even moves in a way that they don't agree with. They totally dog the man's manhood, and label him as a weakling as if they could do better. And I come down here and it's almost worst. GOD DAMN, ALL YOU HATERS COMPLETELY SUCK !!!!

The same is true in boxing. People talk about Jeff Lacy like he blows and should retire now, when he's like 28 years old and has 1 loss against the best fighter in the division. Morons.

AGREED! Pisses me off as well....but what can you do...uneducated and ignorant speak for themsleves.

dude its like this for every sport. If you are a Raider fan you hate Chargers. If you are a Cowboys fan you hate Redskins. You are a Arlovski fan you hate Sylvia. ou dont have to be a fan of everyone. Each fighter has there own fans. We are fans we root for the guys we like and want to see win. With this sport sometimes we even know the participants personally

I didnt see any fan throw a syringe at Sylvia who was a steroid user, no that happened in baseball.

Agreed. Thats what happens when your target audience is a young, male demographic. The sport is also very young, and this makes for many uneducated fans who are new to the sport. Hopefully it will improve with time.

i have been a bears fan since the 80's and guess what, every game they lose i start in with "they fucking suck, they wont win another game". then guess what the very next sunday i'm sitting there with my beer and optimism rooting for my beloved bears. does this make me a bad fan? like it or not its a part of sports. like it or not, not everyone is going to express themselves the way you think they should.

cheers,

jj

0-0-1 ROFLMAO, you wish. But your just mad because your the fat kid I was talking about.

Amen bro. Don't let my low post count fool you. I have been around this sport since day 1 in '93, and have followed it all since day 1.

When I hear the boo's when I am at live events, I come undone and when I am watching from home, I still come undone. It drives me absolutely out of my mind.

You can like or dislike people but to boo someone after putting it all on the line in the cage is not right

I just can't believe that people talk about fighters that lose like they can beat them, when that fighter that loses can rape the same guy in front of his family and do absoublutly nothing about it. It's like these fighters aren't even real human beings to the fans anymore. These fighters are men made of flesh and blood just like the people watching at home, and people treat them like their some made up cartoon character, who they want to change by the next episode, or possibly canned. Like the man doesn't need to eat or earn a living or anything.

Tomato Can and Totalwreckage beat me to it. It is the same for every sport. That is why they make so much money to play a game. It comes with the territory.

I honestly think it has to do with MMA fighters being so thin-skinned and unable to take any criticism. They have to deal with maybe a tenth of the criticism that other athletes do, but they seem to cry the loudest.

The fans may be the worst but it's not like the fighters are all angels. I seem to recall two separate heavyweight fighters that won one of the most prestigious titles in the sport then proceeded to disrespect sport and fans by surrendering the title due to failing their drug tests. Then we have other fighters that win a title then hold it hostage in order to bargain for more money, ultimately denying the fans the opportunity to see the title defended. Oh and it's not the fighters don't talk shit about each other.

"I just can't believe that people talk about fighters that lose like they can beat them, when that fighter that loses can rape the same guy in front of his family and do absoublutly nothing about it."

Are you sports fan? If yes, then I am sure you have done the same thing. Have you ever said XYZ QB sucks? Can you do better than him?

"These fighters are men made of flesh and blood just like the people watching at home, and people treat them like their some made up cartoon character, who they want to change by the next episode, or possibly canned. Like the man doesn't need to eat or earn a living or anything."

As I stated above, if they can't take the criticism, get out of the spotlight. Nobody forced them to become a pro MMA fighter. They chose that path and accepted all the good and the bad that comes with it.

I agree man and I've been sayin' it for a while. I think its bullshit

I think it's because that MMA fans want to judge a fighters manhood by his ability in the ring. As if he is now beneath the fan if he looses in the ring. I think it's the fan absoublutly having no idea how to fight in that ring, and acting like he does or couldv'e done better. Maybe it's the same for all sports, but I do believe it's WORST in this one. Probably because it's the nature of the sport. Your trying to prove who is the stronger man in a way. So the fans make anyone who losses or knocked out a weakling. Hell people were saying that Roy Jones Jr. was done after he looses. The man has a undefeated streak for how long. It' s more punctuated when a fan likes a fighter or not. So many people wanted to see Sylvia lose. But the man won decidingly, and he still gets no respect. I thought Sylvia was going to get beaten again, I thought that Sylvia has no chance against elite heavyweights, but I was wrong, and Sylvia surprised me, and I probably won't count him out ever again.

WPB - LOL first of all no site has me listed. I have two fights, won my first in 18 seconds. Got ruled a draw a in the second, which my opponent and everyone else in the room, including my opponent's corner said I won. And your are fat, you just don't know it, little boy.

I was never a sports fan, I was always a martial artist, maybe that's the difference. But using my casual fan friends for example. They liked basketball first, and I don't hear them talk as bad about BBall as they do about fighters. It's the nature of the sport. I think they want to knock down a man that can be deemed superior of a man than them. I think it's a psychological self defense mechanism.

"I think it's because that MMA fans want to judge a fighters manhood by his ability in the ring. As if he is now beneath the fan if he looses in the ring. I think it's the fan absoublutly having no idea how to fight in that ring, and acting like he does or couldv'e done better. Maybe it's the same for all sports, but I do believe it's WORST in this one."

Again, I am sure you do the same shit. And iff you think that MMA fighters have it the worst, then you are living in fantasy land. I don't remeber them discussing Tim Slyvia or Tito Ortiz on ESPN radio this morning.

"first off, sherdog and fcfighter both have you on there.

and real fighters dont include their amateur matches, you fucking tool.

you are 0-0-1 as a professional fighter, and are obviously not educated.

i already invited you to come see how fat i am, and you didnt even respond to it, just like your fighting career, this debate is anticlimatic due to the dick tuck you just pulled. "

What the hell does his record have anything to do with this thread??? You need some comprehensive skills, he wasn't even talking about himself, he is just talking about fans in general. Yet for some reason you felt compelled to do a search on this guy just to put him down... you are seriously sad.

WPB, if I am clueless, then please explain to me why his record has anything to do with his post... I'm interested in finding out.

IMHO Japan has the best fans hands down.