This Sport has the worst fans.

Agreed.

are the fans who buy the merchandise from the sponsors the worst as well? The sponsors that write a nice check out. Just becasue we root for or against a fighter doesnt mean we dont like MMA as a whole. Im sure Chuck appreciates the check Xyience and Tapout writes to him. Im sure Tito, Randy, and all other MMA fighters appreciate the money they get from there sponsors. My question to you is the sponsors sponsor the fighters they are a good thing right? Well who do you think sponosrs the sponors ability to do that? The fans.

"and yes , i train, not to do it full time, more of as a hobby. my fulltime job pays me way more than fighting ever will."

Here's a perfect example of a sh*t talking Tank wanna-be. Notice the rationalizing at the end on why he's not a real fighter: Because his "full time job pays more than fighting ever will". Let's analyze this a little more ...

First of all, NO SH*T! Most fighters can make more money working at Starbucks. That doesn't keep them from fighting.

Second, notice how he implies that he could make a living as a pro fighter, but he won't because of economics. Bwahahaha! "Yeah, I was thinking about entering the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix ... but I'm too busy with work right now." What a f*ckin' joke!

This is the typical Tank wanna-be syndrome: Fantasizing that you could hop off the bar stool and and be a real ass kicker (if you wanted to). The truth is that most people couldn't handle the training regimen that elite fighters go through. On top of that, most people would suck as pro fighters regardless of how much they trained. So saying, "if I triained full time" is like saying "if I hand an IQ of 250". If you don't have it in you, then its not really an option for you .. except in your dreams.

"It's not that fighters can't handle criticism, it's that tha criticism is blatantly wrong, and unfair. And usually it's the arrogance of the fans that gets to me. Talking like they know what to do better than the guys in the cage or ring, and they are totally talking out your ass. I would respect a fans opinion if he knew what it was like the arena. But to never have even played and talk like your better than the athlete who risked it all, it's not just wrong, it's unintelligent. Who in there right mind talks like they know better when they absoublutly have no clue."

Since when do you have to be a professional athlete to be an authority on the sport? How many professional coaches and scouts played professionally? How many trainers had successful boxing careers?

Bitch and moan all you want, but without us, the worst fans, you would of never gotten your $500 to fight. Chuck, Tito, Randy, and all the other top guys would of never made enough money to retire.

JFU, That's just weak man. Most coaches have a competetive history with their sport. And if not, they trained like an athlete, and train athletes, on a daily basis. They know what it's like in there, that's why they are coaches. When was the last time you saw a good coach dog on any fighter with blatant disrespect. Mind you, I mean a GOOD COACH. No armchair quarterback of this sport has any knowledge needed to make a fair judgement, at least from what I've seen.

The bottom line is, this sport has the most male jockriding haters than any other sport. In America we tend to think of people on TV as characters anyway. Totally ignoring the fact that they are a human being like us who aren't famous. We tend to think that famous people must be manufactured action figures or somethings. Or characters made up by a production company, that should fit what we want to see. But in this sport, it's worst, because most of the fans watching are in a angry envy of the athletes doing something that they wish they can do, being a strong dominant man. I heard fans said it, "there is not a more masculine way to make a living than fighting for a living." Maybe it's true, hell I do it because I love the experiance. It's a rush for me. But most of the fans are here to live vicarously through men they wish they could be. And like so many insecure men, they talk shit or make up flaws to bring someone, they secretly admire, down to their own level. God forbid there's a better stronger man than you, that does more notable things in fifteen minutes than you will ever do in your life time sitting at your cubicle. That just hurts your feelings doesn't it.

"JFU, That's just weak man. Most coaches have a competetive history with their sport. And if not they trained like a athlete, and train athletes, and are with athletes throughout their careers."

So have a lot of people. What is your point? You can have knowledge of a sport without ever playing professionally.

"When was the last time you saw a good coach dog on any fighter with blatant disrespect. Mind you, I mean a GOOD COACH."

Yes, that's right, a coach never rides a player for making a stupid play. Never happens.

"No armchair quarterback of this sport has any knowledge needed to make a fair judgement, at least from what I've seen."

Well, then you haven't seen much.

"The bottom line is, this sport has the most male jockriding haters than any other sport."

This has been disproven so many times on this thread. Have you read the rest of it. MMA fans are angels compared to other sports. Not to mention the fact that MMA has about 5% of the fan base of the major sports.

"In America we tend to think of people on TV as characters anyway. Totally ignoring the fact that they are a human being like us who aren't famous. We tend to think that famous people must be manufactured action figures or somethings. Or characters made up by a production company, that should fit what we want to see."

Give me a break, if you can't take the criticism, then don't try and become famous. It is like that all over the world. Everbody knows this.

"But in this sport, it's worst, because most of the fans watching are in a angry envy of the athletes doing something that they wish they can do, being a strong dominant man."

Are you serious? So only a professional MMA fighter can be a "strong dominant man"? You have a warped sense of reality.

Anyway, I would think that more kids grow up wanting to be like Ronaldino, or Albert Puhols (sp) than Chuck Liddell.

"I heard fans said it, "there is not a more masculine way to make a living than fighting for a living." Maybe it's true, hell I do it because I love the experiance. It's a rush for me. But most of the fans are here to live vicarously through men they wish they could be. And like so many insecure men, they talk shit or make up flaws to bring someone, they secretly admire, down to their own level. God forbid there's a better stronger man than you, that does more notable things in fifteen minutes than you will ever do in your life time sitting at your cubicle."

Whatever you do, don't say that in front of families of dead soldiers, or cops and fireman, or a doctor who just saved someones life.

"That just hurts your feelings doesn't it."

Yes, terribly. Why did I get that college education? I should of tried to become a pro-fighter. Than I would of been the envy of men everywhere. I would of been a "strong dominant man".

Get over yourself. Nobody wants to be like you.

MONSTA..The fans you speak of are the same fans that will defend this sport tirelessly to people who hate on hit. These same fans like I said before are the ones buying Tapout shit, sponoring the sponors who support the sport. Fans of MMA dont have to be fans of all fighters. I cant stand Tim Sylvia, I hate everything about him...I will however buy a UFC PPV if he is on it or not because I enjoy the sport. And is ther anything wrong with me rooting for the guy fighting Tim? All that matters is I paid my money regardless. thats the bottomline. Do I think I can beat the Pro Fighters in the cage? Do I think I can take a jaw breaking right hand for Arlovski get back up and knock him out..Fuck no. But I sure can root against the guy who did just that

Monsta - Now does that just hurt your feeling?

What JFU, I wasnt' paying attention. See when you go on these little rants, have a new insightful point. It makes the converstion so much more interesting. Everything you said is like your girl, uneducated and meaningless.

Now that would hurt your feelings if I meant it, but I'm just playing about your girl part. You need to have a girl first. But what I said about your so called points is correct.

HardGay Man,

Who is jealous of me. No one I hope. My observation is the typical take on people who talk shit and try to put other people down. I live on earth and I pay attention. Something you may not do. But bottom line, people who talk shit and put other people down for no real reason tend to be insecure about something, that's just humanity.

totalwreckage,

And I still say that those same fans want to be fighters but can't, hence the unfair criticism to certain fighters. Bottom line is this, where does it said that people on TV deserve less fairness than us. Where does it say that we have the right to judge a person on everything they do without explicit knowledge because they are in the public eye. Where does it say that successfull people on TV, via athlete or actor, don't deserve the same basic courtesy or respect as the man sitting next you on the train ride home from work.

And ultimatly, why would you say something bad about someone when they can't hear you, and pretend like they are someone great when you do. If that's what you do, your not a man I can respect. If I didn't like a fighter, when I met him, I wouldn't say much, just kept to myself. But you guys will talk shit to Tim Sylvia watching him on TV, and in person shake his hand and ask if he needed a blowjob.

Monsta - You are obviously to immature to have an adult conversation. I guess when you realize that you are wrong and have nothing else to add you decide to throw out insults that have no relevance to the discussion. Usually not the best way to get your point across, but it seems to be popular on the UG. Good luck in your "pro" career.

Actually I was about to say the same thing to you. I just wanted to end a meaningless conversation with someone who brought up no real counterpoints or arguments. I guess it worked. I've argued too many times on this forum to know when someone doesn't get the message the first time, they probably never will. So I decided to go down to your level and hopefully you'll pretend like your the bigger man, and just not post anymore.

Besides I was just having some fun.

I did have some meaningfull debate with other members please feel free to check them out.

Thank you

MOnsta you are wrong on some counts and correct on others.

the booing of fighters has got to stop

Fair weather fans are part of any sport, as are whiny fans who make excuses. I live in seattle the home of both, after the last superbowl this town was all whine and no one bought season tickets for next year...

Having fan favorites is important to the sort adn fans as is having heels. Boing a heel and cheering a heroe are part of it.

Critique is the domain of the fan, we aren't your coach so we can't get you to try harder but we can see when you are not.

In pittsburgh s steeler QB had his fron lawn covered in garbage by his neighbors for throwing 3 interceptions. and you think being called gay or lame on a internet form makes MMA fans teh worst?

And in closing, we pay your fuckign salary, if we wanna say you suck cause you lose or it was flukey when you beat our hero it's our damned right. I"m allowed to think what i want and say what i want in this country, even if it's "that fighter monsta sucks, he couldn't win if he was fighting a his way out of a wet paper sack with a machette."

If you fight ann are an alpha male you should have more to think about than some fan boy hurting your strong alpha male feelings on the internet.

I'm a fan, i'll call who ever i want a loser. Ken shamrock is backwards as a trainer and atiquated as a fighter. I think he sucks. would he beat me, hell ya. But does that change my observation of him, no. If he asked me if i thought he'd beat tito in the rematch i'd say if "no" to his face. I once told Josh Barnett fighting Rizzo was a bad idea... to his face.

Your view that fans should only worship and never critique is retarded.

Slie

"If I didn't like a fighter, when I met him, I wouldn't say much, just kept to myself. But you guys will talk shit to Tim Sylvia watching him on TV, and in person shake his hand and ask if he needed a blowjob."

No, becasue I am not a fan of his. You think I give two fucks about Tim Sylvia? I like the UFC. Tim happens to be in the UFC. I do not like Tim. Why does this make me a bad MMA fan? I pay for the UFC, I buy shit from the sponsors, becasue I am a fan. Do you think people who wear a t-shirt of there favorite football team think they deserve to be on the football field? Are you serious with this. If the fans in MMA suck so much why do all the good fighters thank there fans? Just becasue I boo Tim Sylvia and say he sucks does that make me think I can kick his ass? Fuck no, but it makes me think who he is fighting in the cage at the moment can kick his ass.

"Actually I was about to say the same thing to you. I just wanted to end a meaningless conversation with someone who brought up no real counterpoints or arguments."

You say I brought up no real counter points, but myself and other people have shown that the very premise of this thread is wrong, but you refuse to acknowledge it. When Tim Sylvia has a syringe thrown at him, then I will start to consider your point. But as of right now, you are just wrong.

"I guess it worked. I've argued too many times on this forum to know when someone doesn't get the message the first time, they probably never will."

Again, you are the only one who does not get it. How many examples must be given before you change your stance?

"So I decided to go down to your level and hopefully you'll pretend like your the bigger man, and just not post anymore."

Please show me where I threw out personal insults.

I look forward to your reply where you will surely tell me how you just banged my "pretend" girlfriend.