This Sport has the worst fans.

just wondering where u get your amateur fight theory???

being that Lauar is a professional fighter with the same title - please explain how that particlua match was amatuer but the others are not.

I'll wait while u think it over.

individual sports really have a different fan-athlete relationship...

yes I have - still waiting to hear where you get your knowledge that Monsta fight was amateur not professional.......

but u can't explain cuz u just assume since it is not on sherdog
do u even train - have u ever had a fight either prof or am since u are ripping and mocking Monsta record....lets hear a little about yours??

Hard gay I never said you did had to be a prof fighter to discuss anything everybody is entitkled to their opinion fighter and non-fighter a like

but Monsta expressed an opinion and WPB decided to mock and rip on his record instead of talking intelligently about the thread at hand and is telling the fighter himself that his record is not his record - who the hell is he to tell another fighter how many fight he had - so excuse me for being curious on what his experience was since he is ripping on someone else's record.

so your the idiot, try reading the entire the thread and comprehend what is going on instead of assuming things and making a complete ass out of yourself....

WPB - you couldn;t be more wrong - i think the fighter knows his own record better than you and like stated already so many times what does his record have anything to do with this thread - NOTHING -

you just dont have the balls yourself to fight and hide behind your job (i know other who work full time and fight) as an excuse and then rip on others who are just starting out -

oh and sweetheart there's more than just ones u listed as well....just cuz i don't go listing every site i know of don't mean i don't know them - u referred to sherdog so that was i used sweetheart.

this thread is ridiculous. LOL @ the worst fans..WHAAAAAAAAA they said I suck WHAAAAAAAAA. Soccer fans have barbed wire fences, and throw flares at the participants in there sport.

you are correct, unfortunately, that some do lie about their records which i think is kind of pathetic but in this particular situation the fighter is not lying about his record.

and in regards to shannon ritch - no i dont think he has winning record (don't know where u got that from)but what differnce does that make - i actually have no opinion on the guy at all and can give 2 shits what is record is.

MONSTA, i have read & re read you're first post so many times... sheesh, I understand what you mean about "even if you win, you suck". Probably because for every fan, there is a different emotion to the outcome of what they expected, & face it, expressing oneself & trying to "out do" the next poster is a glorious accomplishment on any forum.

Winning or losing is taken verrrrry serious by fans who "expect" their favorite to win.... no matter what. And with the name bets around here, losing & having to post as "Ilickso&so'sballsdaily" doesn't help I guess.

Most fans will never understand that daily circumstances have an effect on how well a fighter will perform. They won't understand that a fighter who lives in his car because the managers ran off with the money that his clients had paid up front meant he'd have to work for free because of it & having a roof over your head wouldn't be possible, & hocking your guitar meant you'd be able to eat for awhile even if it was tuna from a can, & if not, then falling asleep listening to the growling in your stomach.

Then having to fight even if your not totally ready...cause your so damn hungry, you still go in doing the best you can with what you have. And not wanting to worry the parents, you don't tell them, you just suck it up & hope for better things tomorrow.

Maybe not every fighter has those extreme situations to deal with, but just as we fans have things that go wrong in our daily lives, fighters do too, only they can't mention that, because "it's just an excuse as to why they sucked".

How about, it just wasn't their night to win?

Took me a long time to finally understand why some fighters don't come here, but I do understand now. Hashing over opinion after opinion as to why a fighter lost can become pretty harsh in the saying. And most fans probably wouldn't even care if they knew all of the above things were happening, they just wanna see some fucking blood in a fight, ya know? The behind the scenes don't matter, it's the outcome of the fight & nothing more, that creates the "man" image. Therefore "most" fighters suck at one time or another & no amount of arguing changes that. But I bet you "know" this already...... :o)

I can't see how anyone can justify booing fighters who win fights, but it's worse than just that.

I went with some friends to the first MMA fights in California in Del Mar. Good lord, if a fighter wasn't local San Diegan, he'd get booed. I looked at my buddies and said, "You've GOT to be kidding me." You could see in the fighter's faces and in the announcers, 'What the heck is the problem, people?'. At one point the announcer said, "What are you people booing at?"

It's not that fighters can't handle criticism, it's that tha criticism is blatantly wrong, and unfair. And usually it's the arrogance of the fans that gets to me. Talking like they know what to do better than the guys in the cage or ring, and they are totally talking out your ass. I would respect a fans opinion if he knew what it was like the arena. But to never have even played and talk like your better than the athlete who risked it all, it's not just wrong, it's unintelligent. Who in there right mind talks like they know better when they absoublutly have no clue.

I guess what surprises me is the need to put a man down that is stronger than them. I want people that do that to realize that it's there insecurity that's talking.

Again, maybe it's because I came from a martial arts background, and as a martial artist you have respect for each other. I find difficult to to understand that many fans don't have any background, but are representatives of an American Sports culture, which is sad.

WPB that was no amateur. I WAS PAID FOR THAT FIGHT !!! IT WAS PROFFESIONAL MATCH. YOU WANT TO CHECK WITH THE NEW JERSEY ATHLETIC COMISSION. I FOLLOWED THE SAME RULES THAT EVERY OTHER PRO FIGHT HAD THAT NIGHT. YOU CAN'T GET PAID FOR A AMATEUR FIGHT GENIUS. I WAS PAID A TOTAL OF 500 DOLLARS BY CHECK. BUT YOUR DOING A BUSH AND TRYING TO STEER THE CONVERSATION AWAY FROM THE ISSUE. NICE TRY, YOUR STILL THE FAT FAN I'M TALKING ABOUT.

ok, I see this discussion has gone to shit. Like I shouldv'e expected anything less.

I admire the effort MONSTA. Probably seen 10-15 of these threads over the last couple of years.

the pubescent nevel gazing children on this forum seem to have the most sway in these matters.

lol @ WPB still arguing over the record

"It's not that fighters can't handle criticism, it's that tha criticism is blatantly wrong, and unfair. And usually it's the arrogance of the fans that gets to me. Talking like they know what to do better than the guys in the cage or ring, and they are totally talking out your ass. I would respect a fans opinion if he knew what it was like the arena. But to never have even played and talk like your better than the athlete who risked it all, it's not just wrong, it's unintelligent. Who in there right mind talks like they know better when they absoublutly have no clue."

With all due respect you just described every fan in every sport. Have you listened to sports talk radio?

Good point

This post sucks :):):)

LOL@root!

One day I'll catch 'Takahashi' from Fightsport... One day.

I never forget.

Well, you can't make fun of muslims without them getting super cut, so let's put fighters in that category too...

Maybe they can all convert to Islam?