This Sport has the worst fans.

I've never been on other sports chat forums but we have to be the most fickle bunch of them all- Jekyl/Hyde syndrome, lol. We loves the Tito,we hates the Tito, we loves the Randy, we hates the Randy, we loves the Chuck, we hates the Chuck, we loves the Sylvia, we hates the Sylvia, we could take them all, on and on and on! No wonder so many fighters choose not to come on here any more.

Pulsar- there is a difference between trolling a fighter on a forum or stating your opinions in your own thread. I would never troll a fighter on this forum. IMO if a fighter is having a discussion with the fans in a thread if you have nothing nice to say dont post in that thread. However I dont see naything wrong with replying to threads or talking in threads about certain fighters.

"Rarely. More importantly though, I don't feel the need to talk incessantly about it on forums."

Ok, so you are just as guilty as everyone else. It's human nature. No big deal.

"How many baseball forums have pro fighters posting on there regularly? It's a big difference. Guaranteed too, that if one of your start-stop ball games had a forum like this with close proximity to the fighters they'd be pissed with all the bullshit immature comments that get made. They'd probably never even come back."

Just turn on the radio and listen to any sports-talk show. Players are constantly getting trashed on there. They still make themselve's acceseible to the fans through call-ins, meet and greets, etc.

I can not answer your question about other sports haveng forums like this, b/c I do not visit or have looked for any. I know the Red Sox have a forum that Curt Shilling posts on.

Again, fans have the right to criticize to a degree. Do they have the right to throw how personal insults, no. But they can express their opinion on the skills of an athlete (as it relates to other pros). We are after all paying to watch them perform.

We are debating whether or not fans have the right to criticize when the point of the thread was that MMA fans have it the worst. I personally think that MMA fans have it extremely easy compared to other sports.

"I don't remeber them discussing Tim Slyvia or Tito Ortiz on ESPN radio this morning."

I don't remember those two bathing in millions of dollars either... come on, perspective. As you put it, it's a niche sport for the most part, we all know how underpaid they are, we should praise these guys, not feel the need to lump more hate on them for that.

Those multi billion dollar sports and the people who take part in it have it way easier.

So perhaps you aren't hating in the sense of the word, but there's a fair bit flying around about Tim so it's not hard to put everyone in the same category at the moment.

"I don't remember those two bathing in millions of dollars either... come on, perspective. As you put it, it's a niche sport for the most part, we all know how underpaid they are, we should praise these guys, not feel the need to lump more hate on them for that."

They should all be praised for what they do, that does not mean that they should be free from criticism. I think Tim is a great fighter, does that mean that I should be forced to pay $40 to see him fight? I completely understand that someone would be upset if they do not feel Tim deserved the title shot and wouldn't normally pay $40 to watch him, but were forced to b/c the wanted to see Tito fight.

"Those multi billion dollar sports and the people who take part in it have it way easier."

A man was killed b/c of a mistake in a soccer match, Barry Bonds regularly receives death threats, baseball and soccer fans throw shit onto the field, etc. Please not say that MMA guys have it worse in terms of the way the public treats them. Yes, they do not make as much money, but if they ever do, then they will have to deal with the same shit.

"So perhaps you aren't hating in the sense of the word, but there's a fair bit flying around about Tim so it's not hard to put everyone in the same category at the moment."

I don't think I have said one bad thing about Tim as a fighter or person. I am simply defending a fans rights to express there opinion on him.

I just think it's insecurity.

Honesly, I'm in awe of most pro fighters. They are in better shape than me, better fighters, get laid easier. Not that I couldn't do that, I'm just not going to put the time and effort into getting to that point so I'll gladly support those that do.

However, when a fighter steps over the line and does something that dishonors his sport or himself then he needs to expect serious backlash from the fans. I.E. Simms stomping Mir, Sylvia using steroids. This way the fighters know how the fanbase feels about their actions and can adjust accordingly or become irrelevant.

Seriously, I think the fighters can handle the criticism just fine, it's not like they are manginas or something.

Also, no one forces anyone to watch Tim Sylvia fight for 40 dollars. Hell, I went to hooters and watched it for free and spent 40 bucks on beer, nachos and chicken wings instead with my girl.

I just buy the DVD's I like later and try to direct people to event showings to support the sport.

some fans for sure, but not all, we also have some of the most diehard fans out there, I am not real big on all the hating either

Mato

This sport also has the worst HW Champions..

Also, Tank Abbot isn't just some fat drunk who doesn't train. He's been an athlete since he was a kid playing football and wrestling. He's also strong as a fucking ox. So no, he's not the fatass who jumped off his barstool to kick some ass. He does that on his spare time.

Tank Abbot is a legend and I bet you'd never in a fucking million years talk all that shit to his face.

everyone sucks except fedor

-the ug

i blame larry merchant.

Yeah, Tank is freakishly strong, has a wrestling background, and has huge KO power. But the image he's built for himself was the fat guy who jumps off the barstool and kicks ass. He's the guy who respects no martial arts. Like I said in my original post, that was the mystique he tried to promote.

I honestly think that's why the casual fans loved him. His image represented them. The casual fan wants to believe that they can jump off the barstool and kick a TKD black belt's ass. They like to talk sh*t about real martial artists. They'd like to believe they could be like Tank.

LOL @ Hard Gay, classic pic dude

"Also, no one forces anyone to watch Tim Sylvia fight for 40 dollars. Hell, I went to hooters and watched it for free and spent 40 bucks on beer, nachos and chicken wings instead with my girl."

Exactly, but what do you think the UFC wants you to do? They would rather have a happy fan that wants to drop $40 to watch Tim fight.

"what the hell? where was this?"

In Europe. I have never been watching a match that it happened in, but I have seen clips. Also, not too long ago, Real Sports did a segment on the racism in soccer. They were absolutely violent. I don't think Real Sports showed clips of people throwing bananas, but they had some other crazy footage.

> what the hell? where was this?

Brazil

In my best Simpson's "comic book guy" voice.....

"worst...fans...Everrrr"

Very true. MMA fans are ridiculous. Especially here in the US.

WPB - Sherdog site is wrong in regards to Monsta's record - his record is 1-0-1 both of his fights were at Reality Fighting events yet Sherdog only lists the results of the one fight.

go to www.realityfighting.tv to see for yourself - he fought in Reality Fighting V (winning by heel hook in 18 secs of the 1st round) and in Reality Fighting X (which was determined to be a draw). Everyone who saw that fight agrees that is was no draw, Monsta clearly dominated the entire 2nd round of that fight. It was a bad decision.

And I agree with the others that Monsta record has nothing to do with this thread at all.

okay maybe I'm missing something - why would one Reality Fighting event be considered amateur and the other considered professional - I don't see a difference btw the 2 - can somene explain this

Lauara D'Auguste had a title fight at Reality V that same night and if you check her record on Sherdog that event is not listed - in fact none of the fights from that card are on Sherdog - including Kurt Pellegrino as well but anyway does that mean her title fight was amateur - don't think so.....for whatever reason Sherdog is not listing that event on their site.

his record is 1-0-1