Thoughts on Tyron Woodley's pad work

For what you can deduce from pretty light training pad work he looks pretty good

Cunt you probably never hit pads in your life

2 Likes

Tyron looked good. Muscle memory was good, speed, reflexes, hand eye coordination. Thatā€™s the purpose of that pad workā€¦ and most importantly he got his hands back to his face.

5 Likes

:sleeping:

Read back what i said, slowly, see if you can follow it this timeā€¦

This. I want to see a video of this specimen!

1 Like

I was mostly impressed by how good Woodley looks physically. He looked to bigger, and MUCH leaner than his fight with Luque 5 months ago. Whether itā€™s PEDs, hard work or a combination of the two, he looks greatā€¦he appears to be at least doing the right preparation.

3 Likes

Jake isnā€™t a southpaw yet he was doing everything from the southpaw stance.

Not sure the point I guess he was just fucking around.

Doubt Jakeā€™s handlers are allowing him to walk into a real fight quite, yet. Until I see otherwise I feel like his people are having a talk with T-Wood. They arenā€™t done with this cash cow.

1 Like

I wonder how good Jakeā€™s chin is?

If Jake can take a good shot, that alone might be all he needs to beat Tyron. I doubt Tyron is going to somehow transform himself to be a complete boxer and instead will be more of a one shot threat as he was in MMA.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no need for a work on this one. Tyronā€™s boxing is not as good as Paulā€™s. The work angle is pretty annoying because thatā€™s what the excuses will be after. ā€œOh, Woodley never went down like that before, he didnā€™t even train or try, obviously cashed in.ā€ Heā€™s well past his prime, no footwork, out sized, one punch at a time fighter, whoā€™s more focused on his ā€œrap careerā€.

2 Likes

Tyron sucks. Heā€™s gonna get smoked. Go back to your shitty rap career. He sucks at MMA and boxing is way harder. Jake is gonna beat his ass and I canā€™t wait.

Heā€™s a big young guy & seems like he keeps his chin tucked well, hands up, decent defense & footwork. I think heā€™ll show a good chin. Iā€™d be more concerned with Woodley keeping his chin up with no takedown threat. Even in his pad work heā€™s keeping his chin up.

My 15 year has better pad work. The LAST boxer Tyron needed to work with was Mayweather. Tyson would have been a much better fit. Tyron is gonna look like shit.

Yea Floyd is the right guy to get you fit. Tyrone just needs to be patient and look for his openings like he did with Wonderboy. Work behind his jabs, itā€™ll open up his right hand.

Is he even working with Floyd or was that like a one weekend thing? And fighting Wonderboy was tailor made for Tyron. All Tyron has is a lunging punch or a counter. Wonderboy keeps his hands down lunging in & out like a whackamole.

Paul is going to keep a tight defense & has a jab. Those openings arenā€™t going to be lunging at him hands down every couple seconds.

Jakeā€™s fights have all been one way traffic. None of the guys he fought made him work all that hard. Weā€™ll see how Jake responds if Tyron makes him work for it.

For all we know the kid is a stud with a ton of grit/heart. People said the same shit about Jon Jonesā€¦all his fights were one way traffic, who knows how heā€™ll do in a firefightā€¦then the Gus fight happens and everyone saw how bad of a motherfucker he was. The way that he kept coming, and won that fight in the last 2 rounds was incredible. Anywayā€¦not comparing Jake to Jon, just saying that we canā€™t assume Jake doesnā€™t like to get hit, or wonā€™t know how to react when he does just because we havenā€™t seen it. His skills are still TBD, and I hope in this fight we get to see how he does when pushed.

1 Like

Tyron has boxed a lot longer than Jake actually.

But Jake has the more intense recent experience in the past couple of years with boxing.

Both guys are former wrestlers and good athletes. And of course Woodley was a multiple time world champ a lot of that being done with his punching power.

This is definitely a very stout test for Jake. Jake hasnā€™t been boxing that long at all so letā€™s adjust our expectations some here. Of course Tyron could fold mentally and not throw and just ride the ropes like heā€™s done in some of his UFC fights.

But how does Jake handle a bomb landing flush on his chin from a guy with legitimate power? Weā€™ll see.

I think itā€™s a good matchup and am looking forward to watching it.

4 Likes

Letā€™s see how reacts when he gets legitimately hit.

Oh look, the pad work that determines how the fight goes, said no one ever

1 Like

Yep we shall see. Said he had his nose broken a week or so before the Askren match. Hopefully we can see a little more ring time this match.

1 Like