Thoughts on Tyron Woodley's pad work

This is a fun fight. I agree with some others, TWood working with Floyd isn’t a good fit. A young bobbing and weaving with gloves on the ears closing the distance throwing bombs Tyson approach would be a better strategy than trying to be Money May slick.

But it is just mitt work so who knows what the strategy will be

Not impressive pad work, however it isn’t that important. Neither of them look great on pads, anyways.

This will be an interesting one… Tyron is always a threat and has legit power. I’m worried the power won’t translate well as he’s the smaller fighter and he’ll end up getting bullied by a “better” boxer.

Also from a mentality perspective, Jake seems hungry, obsessed, and on a mission - Tyron seems like he just wants a paycheck.

1 Like

I agree with using the Tyson model. Tyron will need foot work and good upperbody movement as well as responsible hand placement. He’s not a Floyd type, he needs to use his assets of power and strength and the peek-a-boo is better for him.

1 Like

Well, here’s my pedigree for what it’s worth. I’m 44 and I’ve been boxing for 2 yrs now, I’ve been lifting weights for 6 yrs now. A friend got me into his boxing gym cuz I was looking for some interesting cardio and I became hooked. Ive been in the ring sparring with head gear around 20 times. I was considering taking a fight a year ago and I was training for it too. My knee is in bad shape and all the footwork involved in boxing made the swelling and pain in my knee unbearable so I had to bow out of an amateur boxing match.
Now, from what I’m seeing, and I hate to admit this cuz I was against him from the start, Jake moves like a boxer. He’s not showing all his skills in that vid, he looks very fluid and he’s rotating his hips with his punches and he’s sitting down on his punches which both of those aspects adds power, A LOT OF POWER GETS ADDED TO YOUR PUNCHES FROM THE LEGS AND HIP ROTATION, Jake has showcased good BOXING technique, it’s called a sweet science for a reason. It’s to hit and not get hit. Woodley on the other hand is not extending on his punches, he’s not sitting down on his punches and he’s not rotating very much on his punches which equals to his punches being mostly arm punches. And he looks a lot slower than he used to. He still looks like a stud, but a stud FIGHTER, nope, I don’t think he’s got it anymore. BUT, he did have knockout power at one point so there is always a chance. Woodley does not look good as a boxer and I think he’s gonna get lit up. I box but my love is MMA, it’s kills me to see these washed up MMA guys take on what is really starting to look like a legit boxer. Jake is not high level my any means, BUT AGAIN, it is called a sweet sconce for a reason and Jake has that science down much more than T-Wood. If I knew any of you in person I would do some bets on Jake. It’s not looking good, once again.

1 Like

That pad work isn’t meant for power

3 Likes

Listening to Tyron on Helwani. He said that he made it appear like he was in LA working on his rap stuff when he’s been in Miami the whole time like it was some kind of psy op. Tyron thinks that because he grew up in the ghetto that it’s an advantage to him and Jake will break because of that. Was Colby from the hood when Tyron pretty much retired mid fight hahaha.

Fuck I hope he gets face planted

2 Likes

Saying that they’re both former wrestlers is like saying that Barry Bonds and I are both former baseball players because I played varsity in high school. From what I read, Logan was actually a pretty good HS wrestler, took 5th in the state one year, and wrestled one year in college…Jake didn’t do any of that, though. He wrestled in HS, but doesn’t appear to have ever qualified for the state tournament.

So no, I don’t think you can really say that a guy who wasn’t a good enough wrestler in HS to qualify for the state tournament can be compared to a D1 college all american.

1 Like

That’s correct. Looks like they were working on hand speed, eye coordination. But, for speedy pad work he wasn’t that fast. And I didn’t see that great of boxing technique either.

2 Likes

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I don’t care for either guy. I just don’t see much out of woodley.

He looked better then most lol. May not be saying much but it’s hard for MMA fighters to work that type of pad work. (Mayweather).

He may have outboxed world class strikers like Wonderboy and Darren Till but Jake Paul is on a different level

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.

Did I say they were going to compete in a wrestling match? I said that because neither one come from striking backgrounds so boxing is something they had to learn later on in life.

Your 15 year old is a fucking pussy

Your wife is a whore like your mother.

Kirikjr… Sometimes the truth just needs to be spoken…

Depends if Tyron actually throws… He has been hesitant in his recent fights. Won’t pull the trigger.

Jake has his hands full for sure. I’ll be cheering him on. Hoping he gets the W.

Yeah any serious MMA fan should be supporting Tyron or at the very least, not cheering for the youtuber.

Never cared for Tyron. Who cares if Jake was a YouTuber… He takes boxing seriously.

1 Like

Show us a video of you holding pads for him old boy. Willing to bet you are a pair of retards

1 Like