Time to reboard the Pico hype train!

Gonzales has 10 TKOs in his career, did not KO Pico though. I think since those loses he suffered early in his career that Pico’s online detractors have been exaggerating how bad his chin is. Its like when Charles Oliveira had some early loses in his UFC career when he was young, online detractors tried to say he had not mental toughness and no heart, their narrative did not hold up.

Pico looked good last night and he beat a tough undefeated fighter out there last night when he went the distance for the first time in his career.

5 fight win streak now gentleman, nothing the haters can say can stop the hype train from rolling!

3 Likes

To me, the best thing about watching Bellator has not been the UFC crossover vets who choose to finish their career in Bellator. By far the best thing I’ve enjoyed about Bellator is watching Chandler, Patricio Pitbull, AJ McKee and Aaron Pico climb the ranks and grow into the fighters they have become over the years. They have all been Must See TV for sure and you got to watch them just get better and more skilled with time.

Best card of the year for Bellator here tonight. Pico vs DII champ Aldi Edwards on the main card. Pico is an 11-1 favorite. War Pico!

FWIW, I personally rolled with Adli quite a few times as a purple belt. He is absolutely hellacious on the mat. I get where the odds are coming from but I’m not sure I’d have him as an 11-1 underdog against anybody. Plus just a super nice guy—I wish him total success.

1 Like

I’m sure he is great on the mat, not surprised to hear that at all. I can’t really set odds in my mind because I have not ever seen him roll, wrestle or fight but yeah… I’m sure he is closer to a 4-1 or 6-1 dog in reality as a 9-1 pro who won a DII title but not having a name and Pico having fan hype again… the money pushed the odds. I see Pico opened at -700 and money pushed him to -1300 and now back to -1100.

1 Like

Really excited to see this matchup. Adli just jumping in to the deep end of the pool for sure. I haven’t seen all of his fights but the ones I have were maulings. Hoping for a great match.

1 Like

Me too. I usually only watch the top one or two fights on a Bellator card but this is their best card they have put together in a long time. I’ll watch the top six fights for sure.

1 Like

Pico has his hands full with Adli, this is going to be a great fight, yes it’s on short notice but Adli barely broke a sweat when he smashed Josh Harvey who missed weight by like 11 pounds or something lol.
Also the size advantage, Adli is 5’11 Aaron is 5’8.
Still going to be a good fight, I like Edwards in the upset.

1 Like

If he’s 5’8" it’s with aquarium high heels on.
I’ll give him 5’6".

Pico’s just one of those standing palms are sweaty watching fights.
Brutality.

I know him personally. One of my sons trained with him (wrestling). 5’8 is about right.

There is no way, I had a Stanley rape measure, ribbed for pleasure.
Maybe it was 1/16th off.

I’m not gonna edit this, it’s better this way.

1 Like

Off topic but whats up with adam boric or however you spell it? I havent watched bellator for a while but i liked him. Wasnt he supposed to fight james gallagher but then james was sweet chin music’d into bolivia? Id love to see james get punched in the face or flying kneed into the shadow realm. I just really dont like that guy.

If I was an investor and I am …I would back a guy like Fortune over Pico! Fortune is a heavyweight stud who will go way farther and make 10x the money a pico can make! Sorry but you all need to ride the Fortune buss!

He fought last month and beat Mads Burnell by UD

And the FRATE TRAIN to the TITLE keeps ROLLIN’!

Damn

That performance was fucking sick. The Pico that fought last night could beat anyone. I say give him a title shot soon he’s on a 6 fight streak, who else is there in Bellator?