Time to reboard the Pico hype train!

BJ Penn Forever - 
ons ear - A bit strange how Bellator is treating MVP and Pico, both future stars..they are giving MVP a tin of nobodies but Pico has been given 2 relatively tough opts...wtf

Has nothing to do with Bellator.

MVP and his team wanted him to be built slowly.

Pico and his team wanted to get after it right out of the gate.

Bellator has just accommodated both fighters based on their wishes.

Ahh, interesting…I thought it was Bellator wanting to build MVP very slowly as he could very well be the next Anderson a Silva…

Picos camp made a big mistake there…hmm, they could have damaged Picos mentality big bring the established athlete that he is, I doubt it…hopefully he comes out focused and hoed on a long winning spree…mma needs a new phenom or wrecking machine

This is why i love MMA. Anything can happen regardless of how strong your background is in anything.

Pico can go on a tear from here like many fighters have after there first fight that resulted in a loss or he can just go on a losing streak and quit

All his latest IG posts have been with him at Wild Card training... I hope he's been doing his grappling and other shit.

Here are the current ballpark odds:

Henderson -200 vs Patricky Pitbull

Nelson -220 vs Ayala

Daley vs Larkin -275

Piccolotti -160 vs Yamauchi

Pico -700 vs Linn

Surprised Larkin is such a big favorite but I guess Daley has a lot more miles on him at this stage.

Also surprised Pico is such a huge favorite. Guess his hype train really has fired back up.

I still believe the rumors of his skills and I’ve watched him wrestle, dude should go far.

RockTheVote - Pico's management is doing him a disservice. Hubris...

I dissagree. He's young. Getting him in front of stiff competition from the get go is more important than padding his record/ego

Connor Morris -

I dissagree. He's young. Getting him in front of stiff competition from the get go is more important than padding his record/ego

I know, easing him in, having him fight a variety of different styles as he eases into MMA would be a terrible idea.

I mean he is getting on in years, so it’s not like you could take your time building him up.

I wish they bring Pico up like anyone else. He being handled wrong imo.

NBKfanforlife -

That train has a broken engine. This kid is not ready for the pros yet.  He needs 10 good ammy fights before he attempts the pros.  Just my opinion though.  He might run through this guy.  

He is ready for the pros just needs better matchmaking. Give him a guy with similar experience.

Dugs95 - 
Couldn't agree more..... build the kid up for fucks sake, it's a kid who 100% has all the tools, why not let him develop into a star? It confuses me

its old school way of going about it.

boxing figured out that way was bs some time back mma not so much. look at the way ufc handled lesner and even Sergio pettis amongst others.

Connor Morris - 

maybe in 2002 with no money yeah lets fight the best of the best prove how bad ass and tough we are.

but in 2017 better to be undefeated.

money in the game now.

bring tough guys in for him as teammates and sparring partners.

Acidic -

This is why i love MMA. Anything can happen regardless of how strong your background is in anything.

Pico can go on a tear from here like many fighters have after there first fight that resulted in a loss or he can just go on a losing streak and quit

You would love to see one of the best prospects ever fail?

Got to love MMA fans. Hate the top organization that is the sole reason for the sport's popularity, say anyone that loses a fight was never good in the first place and enjoy seeing the fighters capable of bringing things to the next level lose.

No wonder boxing is still more popular.

Bojack Horseman -
Connor Morris - 

maybe in 2002 with no money yeah lets fight the best of the best prove how bad ass and tough we are.

money in the game now.

Cody Garbrant is the only undefeated UFC Champ right now. This isn’t boxing where a loss on your record destroys your value. I don’t think he wants to be eased in. He knows he’s world class and wants to see what he’s got. If he loses this fight, yes I can agree an 0-2 start doesn’t look good so if that happens we can talk giving his an opponent that’s isn’t as experienced. For now I don’t see any problem letting him get in there with some more proven guys 

Connor Morris -
Bojack Horseman -
Connor Morris - 

money in the game now.

Cody Garbrant is the only undefeated UFC Champ right now. This isn’t boxing where a loss on your record destroys your value. I don’t think he wants to be eased in. He knows he’s world class and wants to see what he’s got. If he loses this fight, yes I can agree an 0-2 start doesn’t look good so if that happens we can talk giving his an opponent that’s isn’t as experienced. For now I don’t see any problem letting him get in there with some more proven guys 

Also he trains at AKA which is full oftough fighters who train like madmen 

Damn, serious power on that short left hook. 

Triple_B -
Acidic -

You would love to see one of the best prospects ever fail?

Got to love MMA fans. Hate the top organization that is the sole reason for the sport's popularity, say anyone that loses a fight was never good in the first place and enjoy seeing the fighters capable of bringing things to the next level lose.

No wonder boxing is still more popular.

i hope you're not trying to correlate what you said to what i said. That would make zero sense and just be a wild guess about MMA fans.

No let's build up careers by letting them fight 30 cans in a row so we can sell 50k ppvs. 

anways you know nothing of MMA or it's fans it seems like

No clue who his oppt was tonight but Pico looked good tonight…his rapid Fire boxing combos looked pretty good tonight, plus he had a old slam…he seems to haven he fire to be great…

He’s only 21 guys! Sky is the limit imo

ons ear - No clue who his oppt was tonight but Pico looked good tonight..his rapid Fire boxing combos looked pretty good tonight, plus he had a old slam...he seems to haven he fire to be great..

He’s only 21 guys! Sky is the limit imo

His opponent tonight was a tough BJJ/MMA fighter with a bunch of wins.

Pico performed just as I and many others expected vs this opponent. Can’t wait to watch him develop from here.

Beautiful KO but damn he is reckless when he starts throwing combos, head straight up. Just don't let him anywhere near a guy like Pitbull anytime soon

Lick Brown Boners - 

Beautiful KO but damn he is reckless when he starts throwing combos, head straight up. Just don't let him anywhere near a guy like Pitbull anytime soon

Yeah but at only 21 years old…