Time to reboard the Pico hype train!

Daley surprised me… the man still has it.

Some really exciting and impressive talent coming up in FW right now…

Bektic, Magomedsharipov, Yair, Choi and Ortega in the UFC.

Kron in Rizin.

Pico in Bellator.

Harrison in PFL.

Bojack Horseman - 
Connor Morris - 
RockTheVote - Pico's management is doing him a disservice. Hubris...

I dissagree. He's young. Getting him in front of stiff competition from the get go is more important than padding his record/ego

maybe in 2002 with no money yeah lets fight the best of the best prove how bad ass and tough we are.

but in 2017 better to be undefeated.

money in the game now.

bring tough guys in for him as teammates and sparring partners.

What difference does being undefeated make? The highest paid MMA fighter has been stopped in multiple sports over his past 4 fights. The 2nd highest paid MMA fighter hasn’t won an MMA fight in 4 years and he’s getting an immediate title shot. The 3rd highest paid MMA fighter has been KO’d her last 2 outings.

That said, glad to see they gave him an opponent that’s not so much bigger than Pico, despite having 10x the MMA fights he has. Kudos to the California stand out on a tremendous outing vs a MUCH ore experienced opponent.

RockTheVote - 

^^ agreed. fighter, coach, manager usually agree to a fight. they all buy into his hype so hard that they cost him a debut loss, and now theyre doing it again. even if he wins, he isnt climbing into the top 15 at 1-1. i only know his credentials. ive never watched an interview or anything. he might be a super cool kid... but based on the way hes taking fights he just seems totally full of himself. or hes surrounded with the exact wrong people.

Super cool kid. One of the most humble and respectful elite athletes I’ve seen, yet an absolute murderer in competition. He’s accomplished his attitude and maturity while still a teenager. Sky is the limit for him. As a wrestling fan first (MMA third) I wish Pico had never left for Bellator, but the kid is so nice and so talented, I can only support him in his latest endeavor.

To put it into perspective, he’s 7-0 against the top wrestler in the country in his weight class and has surrendered a single take down in all those bouts, while scoring around 20 himself. It is just unreal what he has accomplished and the people he’s dominated. I don’t see any reason he will not rise to the top of MMA.

Lick Brown Boners -

Beautiful KO but damn he is reckless when he starts throwing combos, head straight up. Just don't let him anywhere near a guy like Pitbull anytime soon

Just watched it, saw the same thing. He needs to fix that ASAP. But training with Freddie Roach won’t get that done, he’s not a defensive minded trainer. Pico needs to use kickboxing as well. 

Pico fighting 12-3 Shane Krutchen opening up Saturday’s main card.

What ya gonna do when the Pico hype train runs wild on you!

for those interested:

from the article, high praise:

“He has the best hands of any of the MMA fighters I’ve seen,” said Roach, who has worked with elite UFC champion strikers such as BJ Penn, Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre.

^^^Very interesting. thanks for sharing. This looks like a pretty solid opponent he has coming up. We should see more of his striking in this bout. His last KO was scary violent.

SinCityHustler - ^^^Very interesting. thanks for sharing. This looks like a pretty solid opponent he has coming up. We should see more of his striking in this bout. His last KO was scary violent.

Yeah man, no problem. That last KO was brutal. Don’t really know this opponent, just pulled his record from sherdog. Looked like he has not really fought anyone at a glance, don’t know his background.

Interesting to note for those who are fans of such things, was watching the Bellator presser from today and Jon Slusser is saying this Paramount debut is going to be “a show within a show”. To me that implies they are going to up the production and do some creative stuff like Pride did, I’d expect music, and fireworks, maybe main card fighter intros.

Still in, can't wait to see him perform. Opponent seems like a dangerous guy based on his record, I hope Pico's management knows what their doing once again.

Lick Brown Boners - 

Still in, can't wait to see him perform. Opponent seems like a dangerous guy based on his record, I hope Pico's management knows what their doing once again.

I don’t think he has fought a lot of talent but this opponent is way more dangerous than most people’s 3rd pro fight. He does have a win in the WSOF so you know he is somewhat tough.

Pico comes off pretty cool to me. When he lost, he didn’t make any excuses, doesn’t shit talk his opponents, but at the same time is self confident.

Kid is challenging himself, and gets a shit ton of respect for him.

Last call to get back on the Pico hype train!

Sick ko last time. Haven’t seen enough of him to judge.

Ragingshaneistheanswer - Sick ko last time. Haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Gonna be next to impossible for him to outdo that finish tonight but he can still have an awesome performance.

Beautiful body shot 

We Rollin’

BJ Penn Forever - 
Ragingshaneistheanswer - Sick ko last time. Haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Gonna be next to impossible for him to outdo that finish tonight but he can still have an awesome performance.

Next to impossible but tonights body shot KO was as impressive as the head shot KO in his last fight.

Most impressive 2-1 pro I’ve ever seen.