Times Great Fighters Cheated in Big Fights

That wasn’t a foul. It was an equipment malfunction. I don’t remember anyone ever implying Vitor did anything wrong there.

3 Likes

Yeah. Randy got cheated (should have been a no contest). But Vitor def. didn’t cheat.

1 Like

I’m still not sure the GSP incident was blatant cheating.

I do think Fedor grabbing the ropes to prevent a Lindland takedown was cheating. Whether unconsciously reflexive or not, it was a move to illegally grab the rope to maintain balance and not be taken down.

1 Like

Unintentional foul, IMO. Like many fence grabs.

4 Likes

Trigg blasting Hughes in the balls was bad, but Hughes certainly got him back with that glorious ass kicking he dished out.

8 Likes

Wanderlei landed a pretty solid headbutt on Guy Mezger back in the Pride days.

9 Likes

Cormier and Stipe eye poking the shit out of each other in their fights was pretty bad.

7 Likes

Tito cheated himself out of a win by repeatedly grabbing the fence against Rashad and getting points deducted so that the fight ended up being a draw.

14 Likes

Minotauro Nogueira grabbing the ropes shortly after getting the takedown on CroCop. Big Nog was able to maintain top position and ultimately secure the arm bar.

5 Likes

It was a shit fight but i remember Jessica Penne grabbing onto the fence and hanging on for dear life to prevent a takedown from Randa Markos in their fight and she ended up winning a decision because of it.

Does the Romero/Kennedy incident count? That wasn’t an accident.

12 Likes

The GreaseGate thing never made sense to me. BJ wanted to strike mostly, GSP wanted to wrestle mostly. How does greasing help GSP’s game plan?

6 Likes

Agreed @Charles_Barkley

That time Tim cheated against Yowl (fingers in gloves.
Karma came back to bite him in the ass when Yoel came out for the 3rd round(eventually)

4 Likes

That’s a good one.

Chuck eye poking randy in the eye because it was already starting to look like the first fight within 2 mins

5 Likes

@Kirik_Jr
That was a great reply from big wes

1 Like

When Mazzagati cheated Bones out of a win Vs :ear::ear::ear:Hammil

1 Like

Not exactly a “top guy”, but I’d say the golden standard for cheating was set for us very early on.

He pulled it out and beat him over the head with it!!

2 Likes

Because if he got it to the ground, where BJ was the one of the best off of his back he would have a harder time getting a sub. If perhaps he got him in a guillotine, the grease would have helped him escape.

2 Likes