Times Great Fighters Cheated in Big Fights

THIS. if I remember correctly it was the round before Penn decided to stop between rounds. There was really no grappling other than a few GSP attempts. It gave zero advantage to GSP.

1 Like

Didn’t he pull it out of Frank Mir’s ass, and beat him over the head with it? I think that’s even more grounds for cheating. I haven’t seen a fighter admit to cheating like that since Dillashaw.

4 Likes

I believe Andy lost an eye in that fight…

Who’s eye did Gerrard Gordeau poke out of socket?

1 Like

Really? It’s like Hess trained with house cats for that fight

Rampage greased vs Hendo

Usman (Goddard really) vs Colby

3 Likes

Akiyama greased vs Sakuraba.

5 Likes

I always figured it was to make BJ’s guard ineffective, it allowed GSP to lean back and deliver ground strikes more effectively. Imagine how hard it would be to keep someone in rubber guard if they were greasy

2 Likes

Sterling faking being KO’d by an illegal knee and getting the title. Weidman faking being KO’d against Moose Assy and then losing when it was decided the knee wasn’t illegal. Romero sitting on the stool forever after being rocked then holding Kennedy’s glove.

5 Likes

Good one. Real violation of the budo code, followed by mega karma

1 Like

Great one. That, like towel gate, made me smile. I can’t justify why I like those two incidents of cheating, but they strike me as old school “if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.”

2 Likes

Underrated cheating. Good one!

4 Likes

The gameplan was for GSP to pass BJ’s guard, which had never been passed. Great definitely helps.

Nakai.

1 Like
7 Likes

Do all the guys that took steroids count as cheaters?

1 Like

No @cruedi
Everyone is on steroids, peptides, sarms etc.

I fucking love steroids

Not a great fighter, as this thread asks for, but all-time egregious cheating.

2 Likes

Not really “cheating”, but it always bothered me that Saku threw the first strike vs Carlos Newton…
Those who know what I’m talking about, know what I’m talking about! Those who don’t, can talk about Jones eye poking everybody and Palharres and shit.

3 Likes

Huge bj Penn fan here and I don’t think gsp or his team purposely greased in that fight.

1 Like