Tips for a white belt?

Gi recommendation? I saw one in another thread that was highly recommended and was ~$100 Phone Post 3.0

If your right side dominate work the techniques more from your left side. Phone Post 3.0

IGiveMotivatedBJsToMalvertTheJanitor - Gi recommendation? I saw one in another thread that was highly recommended and was ~$100 Phone Post 3.0
What was it? What is your budget?

Fuji
OTM
Howard Phone Post 3.0

Did someone say wash your gi? Please wash your gi... Phone Post 3.0

I just started a series for white belts on my school's blog

http://steelcitymartialarts.com/white-belt-survival-strategy.html

check it out.

Please clip you toe and finger nails. I think instructors should check this before every class. Phone Post 3.0

1- When rolling (especially with smaller guys) go 100%. Close your eyes and pretend you're in the ADCC open finals. Don't let anyone try to slow you down and stop your progress.

2- Strength and dirty tricks > Technique- Wanna pass his guard. DIG your elbows into his thighs with all of your strength. Don't have the guillotine? Switch to a facecrank. ABNC: Always Be Neck Cranking. Kneebah, brah. The greap eqauliser. Just rip it, fuck 'em.

3- Don't was your gi. you don't want to look like a noob with a shiny white gi. I didn't was mine for 3 years and after a couple of weeks, guys would forefit or tap as soon as I got into their guard and pulled their head into my chest. I think it was because they knew my grey gi meant I'd been around the block.

4- Smoke cigarettes- Smoking fucks your cardio up, but you don't want to be one of these guys that rely on attributes. Shit-for-lungs will cause you to take it slow, because you won't have the gas to spaz.

5- Eat beans and drink Muscle Milk 2 hours before class. Fart Jitsu FTW

I'll give you a tip.... Just the tip though. Phone Post 3.0

When you roll go completely apeshit. All the moves they are teaching you are good in theory, but any meathead with half a brain can understand that in a physical battle, the stronger more aggressive person wins. If any body tells you to calm down it's only because they feel inferior to your explosiveness. Phone Post 3.0

horsemeat grew my head - When you roll go completely apeshit. All the moves they are teaching you are good in theory, but any meathead with half a brain can understand that in a physical battle, the stronger more aggressive person wins. If any body tells you to calm down it's only because they feel inferior to your explosiveness. Phone Post 3.0

Listen to this man

GaspareBJJ - 
IGiveMotivatedBJsToMalvertTheJanitor - Gi recommendation? I saw one in another thread that was highly recommended and was ~$100 Phone Post 3.0

Fuji
OTM
Howard Phone Post 3.0

Ah, I tried to go back in my subs to see what thread it was in but I could not find it.  My budget is $200 which is good and all, I just dont want to be the douche who shows up in a $200 gi on his first day. 

KidPittsburgh - I just started a series for white belts on my school's blog

check it out.

good read. thank you 

horsemeat grew my head - When you roll go completely apeshit. All the moves they are teaching you are good in theory, but any meathead with half a brain can understand that in a physical battle, the stronger more aggressive person wins. If any body tells you to calm down it's only because they feel inferior to your explosiveness. Phone Post 3.0

but if I go apeshit, how will I secure the sharpshooter?

IGiveMotivatedBJsToMalvertTheJanitor - 
KidPittsburgh - I just started a series for white belts on my school's blog

check it out.

good read. thank you 

Thanks, I appreciate it.
I'll be converting it to a stand-alone website soon. Keep checking BJJ forum for updates

in Phone Post 3.0

GaspareBJJ - Shower before AND after class
Wash your ass
Shower before AND after class
Brush your teeth
Cut your finger and toe nails
Wash your gi after EVERY use
Shut up and listen

Oh yeah and....Shower before AND after class Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Serious tip, start a training diary. Write down what you learn, and references to it for later (like YouTube videos) and read up on it regularly after a few months. Phone Post 3.0

Wash your ass
Brush your teeth
Shut up and listen

Oh yeah and....Shower before AND after class Phone Post 3.0
Lol. This!!! Phone Post 3.0

IGiveMotivatedBJsToMalvertTheJanitor -
GaspareBJJ - 

Fuji
OTM
Howard Phone Post 3.0

Ah, I tried to go back in my subs to see what thread it was in but I could not find it.  My budget is $200 which is good and all, I just dont want to be the douche who shows up in a $200 gi on his first day. 

Bjjsports has gameness feather in white onsale for 72 bucks Phone Post 3.0

Vader03 - 
Wash your ass
Brush your teeth
Shut up and listen