Tito: I would beat Jonny in my prime

Tito has obviously taken waaaaay too many shots to the head.

DamnSevern - I love Tito but right now Jones is better everywhere than Tito was in his prime

Tito at his prime might take Jones into the later rounds but Jones would still win. Jones is still young and no where near his prime...so Tito's statement is really irrelevant. Tito has always had a big head (metaphorically and figuratively) but it continues to grow with age. There needs to be a disorder named after Tito/Ken Shamrock in regards to their ego and reality.

In that quote, he basically says he was injured in every fight except for the Bader one, and that's just because he won. Excuses, excuses. Phone Post

L O mutha f*ckin L!!!!! Phone Post

Because JBJ has never been taken down or put on his back, we can only assume that a great wrestler would give him problems. Tito had a pretty good double and was one of the better wrestlers @ 205lbs for a while. That being said, I don't think he has the athleticism today or back then to really take it JBJ. Tito was tough to finish so I think he makes it a good fight, JBJ TKO 3rd round.

Read thread title three hours ago. Just stopped laughing. Phone Post

Lol... Hillarious. He could have beat jones but could never get over that Liddell hump! Phone Post

Prime Tito would probably make it to the 3rd but thats about it ... Evans , machida , shogun. Rampage and Henderson ... If Tito had fought this guys in his prime he wouldn't have been so dominant

Frank Shamrock, Chuck, Randy all beat Tito at his prime Jones would destroy him. Tito keeps bringing up Bader but 9 out of 10xs Bader would beat him. I don't know where he gets the peoples champ from Chuck was the peoples champ.

Prime Tito might have beaten Lyoto, Shogun and Rashad. But I think Jones is on a whole different level. Phone Post

Hindsight isn't 20/20 in Tito's case apparently.

Funaki Masakatsu #1 - Tito was fucking awesome in his prime, before his back injury crippled his wrestling skill and explosive power. I pick JBJ to win this fantasy matchup due to his reach and wrestling ability but anybody laughing it off like he'd just walk through Tito like it was nothing is way off base. Phone Post
I'd actually pick Tito here. His low-leg attack, speed, pressure and cardio sound like a recipe for beating JBJ. Phone Post

dahosse - 
Funaki Masakatsu #1 - Tito was fucking awesome in his prime, before his back injury crippled his wrestling skill and explosive power. I pick JBJ to win this fantasy matchup due to his reach and wrestling ability but anybody laughing it off like he'd just walk through Tito like it was nothing is way off base. Phone Post
I'd actually pick Tito here. His low-leg attack, speed, pressure and cardio sound like a recipe for beating JBJ. Phone Post

how do you think Ricco Rodriguez would fare?

Damaynevent - Because JBJ has never been taken down or put on his back, we can only assume that a great wrestler would give him problems.

No, great wrestlers have not been able to do shit to him.

He proved this against Rashad, Vladdy, Hammill and Bader.

Even if someone gets him down, his long arms and legs would help him create distance rather than letting a guy lay in his guard throwing elbows.

Bipolar - Tito has obviously taken waaaaay too many shots to the head.

There is a "money shot joke" somewhere in that statment!

Modal Jazz -
dahosse - 

how do you think Ricco Rodriguez would fare?

He'd get out-quicked and out-physicaled. He did his best work as a durable, slightly tubby hw. He was really good at being heavy and using his weight to his advantage- like Roy Nelson, he was a guy that might have fought lighter, but he probably wouldn't have been more successful for it, given his style. Phone Post

Tito can't take body shots. That's why he retired . He was exposed by Machida and Evans . Phone Post

Jones would have completely ruined Jacob Ortiz, any time or the day/night.

Tito hasnt even been competitive lately but even his "prime" would have maybe a 5% chance to beat Jon. Others evolved, he didnt...

LilNog beating him down like that, should have finished awile ago- to stay respectable.