TJ Dillashaw claims he did not benefit from previous PED use

That would make a lot more sense if EPO wasn’t tested for previously, but it was. So what is your point?

If anyone knows about cheating with drugs its Chael

Anyone who has used anabolic steroids would know that they absolutely 100% help and have a residual effect after stopping.

Floyd landis said they were avoiding day of testing by injecting it IV.

Wasn’t that part of why all this was funny? That Cody was publicly saying he was on EPO but they still didn’t actually test him directly for that (it wasn’t a standard pre-fight test). It wasn’t until the Henry fight he was actually tested for EPO, was he?

Correct, so imagine the shit they didn’t catch him for.

3 Likes

Because you can’t just “test for Epo”

You could inject it the day before the fight and pass. It’s a naturally occurring substance in everyone’s body. They have to blood test you numerous times and get averages and determine you are screening screwing around and out of range. There’s youtube videos that claim they know for a fact people are microdosing esterless testosterone and epo to keep themselves at the tip top of “natural” and be the best possible version of themselves while skating by the tests and not throwing up any flags.

1 Like

Because IQ is mostly genetic and it’s the best indicator of success.

1 Like

I think you underestimate the gains made by the body when being able to push yourself with illegal advanced cardio drugs.

Watched his presser from yesterday and lol. He said he did the EPO because “my hematocrit crashed to the 30’s.” That’s pretty disingenuous when a lot of the human population walks around in the 30’s. Normal would be above 40, but something as simple as hydration level could easily put you a bit above or below that. a HCT in the 30’s in certainly nothing you’d treat in a clinical setting.

Erythropoietin improves functional and histological recovery of traumatized skeletal muscle tissue - PubMed.

EPO-treated muscle tissue displayed improved functional capillary density as well as reduced leukocytic response and consecutively macromolecular leakage over day 14. Concomitantly, muscle histology showed significantly increased numbers of BrdU-positive satellite cells and interstitial cells as well as slightly lower counts of cleaved caspase-3-positive interstitial cells. EPO results in faster and better regeneration of skeletal muscle tissue after severe trauma and goes along with improved microcirculation. Thus, EPO, a compound established as clinically safe, may represent a promising therapeutic option to optimize the posttraumatic course of muscle tissue healing.

yea, EPO isn’t for muscle building, so this is kind of a silly thing to argue.

I personally believe that TJ used PEDs his entire career, and that we have no way of knowing how his career would have looked without PEDs – EPO, in particular. I think the evidence from his teammates, coupled with the failed test and physical tells makes him one of the easier calls in MMA.

I also think that the Treigning Lab is a dope provider. Guys aren’t flying from across the country to get their blood levels checked and get on the exercise bike with coach Cal. (Also, does anyone remember when Coach Cal wrote that mellowdramatic BS post after TJ got caught about never abandoning family and a guy purporting to be his son responded that Cal abandoned him after he came out of the closet? Was that real?)

I should say that I don’t have any personal insight into this one. This is all based on what I’ve seen publicly.

1 Like

Lol disgruntled team alpha male guys say so. Given that it’s not for getting bigger, but more to keep you at bay cardio and energy wise during something grueling like going to 125, would lead me to believe it was a one time thing

T.J. Dillashaw is a cheater.

It’s a harsh statement, but one that is factual in nature – and one that Dillashaw, himself, won’t deny. The former two-time UFC bantamweight champion used a banned substance to aid his preparation for a title fight, and he was caught. In the simplest of terms, he cheated.

This much, we already know, and because he violated the UFC’s anti-doping policy, Dillashaw was suspended from competing for two years by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. He also “voluntarily” relinquished his title at the time, though he certainly would have been stripped of the belt had he not given it up on his own.

So was Dillashaw always a cheater?

The truth is, we don’t know – and that’s an absolute shame.

One of MMA’s most prolific bantamweights, the 35-year-old veteran holds UFC records for most victories, most finishes and most performance bonuses awarded in the history of the promotion’s 135-pound division. But was it all earned through nefarious means?

Dillashaw insists it wasn’t – that he only turned to the banned substance EPO in desperation as he looked to trim down to 125 pounds and unseat then-flyweight champ Henry Cejudo. Cody Garbrandt has long insisted his former Team Alpha Male stablemate was cheating well before that, but that’s a claim that simply can’t be proven, especially considering Dillashaw passed nearly 40 tests from USADA before his failure.

Still, it’s only fair that Dillashaw’s entire career be viewed with a hint of skepticism – at least for the time being.

To Dillashaw’s credit, once he was caught, he made little effort to hide the infraction. In fact, he came out and announced the failure before USADA. Shortly after his suspension was made official, Dillashaw opened about his regrets and accepted full responsibility for his actions, saying he “messed up” and was “going to have a hard time trying to forgive” himself for the error.