Tom Erickson is still the scariest HW ever...

Johnzandt - 
2inchpunisher - Mark Kerr imo Phone Post 3.0

You mean the Mark Kerr who had it written into his Pride contract that he would not fight Erickson, That Mark Kerr?

Voted Up

Never heard that before....

Hadnt seen the randleman ko, thanks Phone Post 3.0

bigraydaddy - 
Johnzandt - 
2inchpunisher - Mark Kerr imo Phone Post 3.0

You mean the Mark Kerr who had it written into his Pride contract that he would not fight Erickson, That Mark Kerr?

Voted Up

Never heard that before....

Never heard that either but thats a smart move by Kerr if true.

All Kerr's wrestling, size and strength advantages would not exist in a fight vs Erikson.

RenatoCocopreta - The American Karelin.

Actually, not even close. Could possibly be the second greatest American HW of all time in freestyle, but had the bad luck to compete at the same time as Bruce Baumgartner. While wrestling him many times over at least a dozen years, Erickson never notched a win that I know of.

Most overrated, IMHO.

The most scary was Mark Kerr, circa '96/'97. That dude was a WRECKING BALL.

Trackman 2 - Big Nog turned down a fight w big cat when nog was the #1 fighter on the planet. Dan Henderson stepped up on 10 days notice and fought Nog instead. Henderson was 194 and Nog 234 for that fight. Big Nog wanted no part of Erickson but gladly accepted the fight w a much smaller henderson

There is far more to this story. Big Nog likely didn't "gladly" take a fight with Hendo because he was smaller, it was more likely due to the fact that Dan had a win over Nog in RINGS- a win that was very controversial at the time. Nog probably wanted vengeance.

Racer X -

Big Cat's KO of Kevin Randleman(RIP), Brazil Open '97. Just violent.

Youre the man. ty for posting never saw this vid before. Phone Post 3.0

Sean McCorkle - You guys have no idea. A near 50 year old Erikson not only used to beat the shit out of me and Mitrione on a daily basis, he once beat us both up at the same time when we decided to jump him. And it wasn't even close
What is he up to nowadays? Phone Post 3.0

Dominique Robinson - 
Sean McCorkle - You guys have no idea. A near 50 year old Erikson not only used to beat the shit out of me and Mitrione on a daily basis, he once beat us both up at the same time when we decided to jump him. And it wasn't even close

Assistant wrestling coach at Purdue.

Went to HS with him.

Awesome dude.

warez - 
keiths - Nog would have beaten him. Tom would have had no way of getting Nog out of there, especially that version of Nog. He would have ended up getting tapped. Phone Post 3.0
I agree with this because at the time, he wasn't able to finish Murillo Bustamante in MARS. Prime Nog would've caught him.

In the previous fight against the Russian sambo fighter, I thought Big Cat killed him. He pounded his head into a bloody pulp for like 15 minutes. Phone Post 3.0

I was very close to the cage for these fights.

IIRC you were at this event as well ???

williepep - 
warez - 
keiths - Nog would have beaten him. Tom would have had no way of getting Nog out of there, especially that version of Nog. He would have ended up getting tapped. Phone Post 3.0
I agree with this because at the time, he wasn't able to finish Murillo Bustamante in MARS. Prime Nog would've caught him.

In the previous fight against the Russian sambo fighter, I thought Big Cat killed him. He pounded his head into a bloody pulp for like 15 minutes. Phone Post 3.0

I was very close to the cage for these fights.

IIRC you were at this event as well ???

Do you by chance know the brackets for the unaired 8 man tourney that was held right before this event? Marc Hansen (sp?) won it.

1 Like

Kerr and Rodriguez had it put in their contracts they would not fight Erikson.

I remember reading about Tom Erikson and some of the other wrestlers at OKC fighting football players at parties. Pretty interesting read Phone Post 3.0

Definitely some good times back in the day.when I was fighting and properly training I felt I was a bad match-up for anyone no matter their or back ground.

Big Cat

2 Likes

How can you not love this forum? Awesome. Phone Post 3.0

always awesome when the big cat pops in. always a fan!

Amazing Phone Post 3.0

Jim_Kelly - 
Dominique Robinson - 

Assistant wrestling coach at Purdue.

I am the Head Wrestling Coach at Lyon College in Batesville Arkansas.

Big Cat

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

<blockquote>ons ear - <span id='userPost57036585' class='User-361687'><blockquote>Trackman 2 - <span id='userPost57036258' class='User-122488'>Big Nog turned down a fight w big cat when nog was the #1 fighter on the planet. Dan Henderson stepped up on 10 days notice and fought Nog instead. Henderson was 194 and Nog 234 for that fight. Big Nog wanted no part of Erickson but gladly accepted the fight w a much smaller henderson</span></blockquote><br /> i remember an interview in Full Contact fighter with Coleman and Couture where they were asked if Erickson was to start fighting mma, what they would do..both Coleman and Couture acted like they would immediately retire..they both acted like Erickson was going to be unbeatable..<br /><br /> the question is WHY didnt Erickson train hard for mma?</span></blockquote><br />