Tompkins: "Lots of fighters are coming with me"

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3245

How does Randy feel about this?  This seems like it is going to really impact the $$ generated at xtreme couture if several fighters leave.

Which fighters?

Link opens in new window

www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php  

Hominick, Stout and Horodecki are a given.

Junie owes Tompkins his life as well so, I figure he's going too.

if i wanted a striking coach with his creds, i'd follow him too.

any word on who is taking his spot at XC?

Would do you guys think is a better striking coach? Tompkins or Gil Martinez?

Does Randy know about this?

LilBrockonmychest -  Last time I went to a local show, XC went something like 1-7.  These are likely the caliber of fighters that are going with him (other than Stout, Hominick).  I highly doubt guys like Forrest (plus he works with a different Muay Thai guy), Tyson, Hieron, etc.. are going to leave Randy and his wrestling training

Link of Randy giving these guys wrestling training?

Its just the nature of business. I'm sure Randy will be fine and you can't blame Tompkins for wanting his own team.

Right now Shawn is on top so he got to make his move while he can.  I wish him the best.  The Coach!

What will Robin Black do.  Does Tompkins guys such as Hominick, Stout, Horodecki, etc, still have anything to do with Extreme Couture Toronto?

HomelessAndNaked - does kit cope still work there if so i wonder what kind of riff there will be there

Kit is at Wand's last time I checked.

JDolo -  What will Robin Black do.  Does Tompkins guys such as Hominick, Stout, Horodecki, etc, still have anything to do with Extreme Couture Toronto?
I think Mark and Chris both coach there?

WHO'S COMING WITH ME???

i'll go

Shawn is a great coach and will do well anywhere he goes, I think you will see alot of guys follow him to tapout or cross train.

shawn is world class as a coach no matter what some idiots on this site have said, Talk to the people who he has trained, especially from the ground up.

I'd go with Tompkins....just based on the blessed miracles he has worked into Wanderlei's striking alone.

I bet there was some big money exchanges here...

CRE - I think Shawn is a really well rounded coach and that's what makes him so valuable, his dedication to his fighters is probably hard to find elsewere at this high level and that's gotta be a big reason for his success outside of his knowledge and capabilities.

Plus I think since he is in shape himself and coaching is his main focus and drive in life as it seems, he can do more consistent quality hands on personal work with a larger group of guys than say Randy Couture.

These are just observations and interpretations as a fan I have no firsthand knowledge that leads me to believe this, I just think that's probably the case. 
An insightful post.