Tony Danza better fighter than Bruce Lee

Qannebiss -
baj54 - What ever you guys are smoking please give me some....have you all lost your mind?!?!? I don't recall Danza doing 1 finger push ups? Or punching holes through wood boards from inches away. Even if he had no real fight experience someone with that type of power and knows how to use it destroys an entire mob of Danzas. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, in my last fight, I did 1 finger push-ups until my opponent tapped out. Works every time. Phone Post

I implied that we all know Lee had the fundamentals down pat. We all see what kind of strength and speed he possessed. Your implication that Lee would of lost in a fight against a boxer with 9 fights is incorrect. We don't have to see him fight to know he would of trounced Danza. Skill set alone points that Lee would of won. Ill take the guy who created jeet Kun do over any college wrestler with a couple professional boxing fights any day. Phone Post 3.0

KidJustice - 

All I know is I wanna see Alysa Milano's Box...ing prowess

VU, good sir.

This is one area of discussion that ill give the noobs over the old school fans. Back in the old days here you still had a ton of karate nerds that just couldn't let go. Then again mma has turned into the karate of the 80s.

baj54 -
Qannebiss -
baj54 - What ever you guys are smoking please give me some....have you all lost your mind?!?!? I don't recall Danza doing 1 finger push ups? Or punching holes through wood boards from inches away. Even if he had no real fight experience someone with that type of power and knows how to use it destroys an entire mob of Danzas. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, in my last fight, I did 1 finger push-ups until my opponent tapped out. Works every time. Phone Post

I implied that we all know Lee had the fundamentals down pat. We all see what kind of strength and speed he possessed. Your implication that Lee would of lost in a fight against a boxer with 9 fights is incorrect. We don't have to see him fight to know he would of trounced Danza. Skill set alone points that Lee would of won. Ill take the guy who created jeet Kun do over any college wrestler with a couple professional boxing fights any day. Phone Post 3.0

So a man who has no fight record would beat a man with pro boxing experience because he was in great shape? Sorry, sir, but that takes more of a leap of faith than I'm willing to take to believe. Phone Post

Golden Boy - This is one area of discussion that ill give the noobs over the old school fans. Back in the old days here you still had a ton of karate nerds that just couldn't let go. Then again mma has turned into the karate of the 80s.

And some degree of karate has become viable in MMA when the other bases are covered. Plenty of karate/TKD finishes over the last few years. Strange days. I've seen (namedrop fighter here) land crazy Hollywood shit in sparring b/c guys have never seen it and can't even fathom it.

Danza still takes Lee to the woodshed.

Lazer MMA - 
Bobby the point is you should read the thread cited & STFU about this without exception (as should THE FUCKIN ENTIRE UG)!!!!

Bruce was a top flight MA (READ the thread cited) and "no one knew what he had" (above Joe Lewis). There are too many threads on the UG bashing Bruce. He was a: MA legend, trainer of world champions, inspirer of millions to join the MA's, the one who made the MA's pertinent and not frowned upon in the US, MA who great fighters who trained under (with) him, and the great fighters of today say was fuckin world class.

WTF is Tony FFS? This thread needs to be deleted, it was made in poor taste and was a mistake.

Bruce didn´t even know how to do bagwork for fucks sake. Whailing about with his hands by his waist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax69heMsN0E

The real fighter Danza by KO...

Qannebiss -
baj54 -
Qannebiss -

So a man who has no fight record would beat a man with pro boxing experience because he was in great shape? Sorry, sir, but that takes more of a leap of faith than I'm willing to take to believe. Phone Post

So your saying because Bruce Lee never fought professionally (because you know there were tons of live events going on during his time) that he wouldn't be able to beat someone with sub par wrestling( he was on a scholarship to The University of Dubuque?) and a few boxing matches is preposterous! That's like saying an American idol contestant is a better singer then micheal Jackson because they were on a reality tv show! Phone Post 3.0

Rourke would own Danza in a boxing match Phone Post 3.0

"If all he ever did was teach us to find the techniques that work best for us as it applies to real fighting it's more important than anything either one of us will ever write I'd guess"

But Bruce didn't teach us that. Maybe a small minority of people that studied him a little deeper knew his thoughts, but it is not common knowledge and not what he is famous for.

Bruce was first and foremost a Movie star. He was correct about using what works, but that is not what his movies taught us and he never proved it himself in competition . In fact it could be argued that they were more harmful to peoples perceptions of what is really effective in a fight. He was a mythical bad ass that could beat up 20 guys on his own with fancy kicks and punches. There are countless kids who took up largely ineffective martial arts because of Bruce Lee.

The philosophy of using what works was only became standard much later as a direct result of the Gracies . If there was no Gracie's/MMA and things were left to evolve solely due to Bruce's influence we would never be at the stage we are now.

Bruce Lee was the reason I got interested in martial arts, but I agree Danza would have beaten him up based on the facts presented in this thread. Bruce Lee was probably solid at the karate no punches to the face style sparring of his era, but even his stand up would have sucked by today's standards. There is a clip of him hitting a heavy bag that pretty much tells all you need to know concerning his boxing ability.

Jesus Quintana - Bruce Lee was the reason I got interested in martial arts, but I agree Danza would have beaten him up based on the facts presented in this thread. Bruce Lee was probably solid at the karate no punches to the face style sparring of his era, but even his stand up would have sucked by today's standards. There is a clip of him hitting a heavy bag that pretty much tells all you need to know concerning his boxing ability.

Exactly. People refusing to acknowledge the obvious truth is just cult mentality.

Bruce is a legend, he had great idea's, but he wasn't a top fighter or even close.

Danza was also at least 30 pounds heavier than Bruce and had real life (not fantasy or pretend) fight experience. He knocked out 9 professional boxers, made it to the Golden Gloves finals in NYC (lots of competition).

What's Bruce gonna do? Trap his punches. Ooof.

baj54 -
Qannebiss -
baj54 -
Qannebiss -

So your saying because Bruce Lee never fought professionally (because you know there were tons of live events going on during his time) that he wouldn't be able to beat someone with sub par wrestling( he was on a scholarship to The University of Dubuque?) and a few boxing matches is preposterous! That's like saying an American idol contestant is a better singer then micheal Jackson because they were on a reality tv show! Phone Post 3.0

No. Michael Jackson had records and live performances. We know exactly how he sang. Lee had no known fights. Danza had a number of boxing matches.

Really, it's closer to comparing an American Idol winner to some dude who has no recordings, but is famed for having an awesome singing voice in the shower. Phone Post

I'm glad people on here are finally waking up to the obvious fact that a larger trained boxer with actual fights on record would tool a 135 pound actor who trained wing chun.

Bout fucking time.

Lazer MMA - 
Billittome I don't know who said that here. Read the thread I cited though & hear Gene (and other great fighters) in his (their) own words on the topic.

Once again you prove yourself to be a fool. These same people stated clearly that Bruce was NOT a fighter. Gene carried Bruce around and dropped him on his head for fun. Chuck LAUGHED when Bruce told him he'd have to lose to him in a movie.

Besides, anecdotal evidence is MEANINGLESS.

I can start quoting martial artists who claimed that Jet Li and Jackie Chan were 'tough' too.

Objectively, Bruce had no real fight training, never fought anyone worth mentioning, and was a 135 pound hollywood actor.

These are facts, not the respectful mutterings of actors in the 70's who were trying to advance their own careers.

Be more skeptical.

These redundant hypothetical conversations that seem to take place so often on the UG as of late are nothing more than wasted bandwidth and troll bait.

Tao - These redundant hypothetical conversations that seem to take place so often on the UG as of late are nothing more than wasted bandwidth and troll bait.

Yes. Only a moron would post on such a thread.....

ShamusO'nyou - "If all he ever did was teach us to find the techniques that work best for us as it applies to real fighting it's more important than anything either one of us will ever write I'd guess"

But Bruce didn't teach us that. Maybe a small minority of people that studied him a little deeper knew his thoughts, but it is not common knowledge and not what he is famous for.

Bruce was first and foremost a Movie star. He was correct about using what works, but that is not what his movies taught us and he never proved it himself in competition . In fact it could be argued that they were more harmful to peoples perceptions of what is really effective in a fight. He was a mythical bad ass that could beat up 20 guys on his own with fancy kicks and punches. There are countless kids who took up largely ineffective martial arts because of Bruce Lee.

The philosophy of using what works was only became standard much later as a direct result of the Gracies . If there was no Gracie's/MMA and things were left to evolve solely due to Bruce's influence we would never be at the stage we are now.
I don't disagree with you but your comparing apples and oranges my friend. Lets not forget Bruce was actually seen performing in gloves very familiar to today's mma gloves along with trying to pull off an arm bar. Bruce was his own fight choreographer so this had to be his idea. This was way before the Gracie's came to America and started the UFC. He may have been an actor but there is no denying he had a martial arts skill way above anybody else at his time. To say that a guy who was a pure amateur boxer could take bonafide martial arts master is crazy talk Phone Post 3.0

hermanitor - 
Lazer MMA - 
Billittome I don't know who said that here. Read the thread I cited though & hear Gene (and other great fighters) in his (their) own words on the topic.

Once again you prove yourself to be a fool. These same people stated clearly that Bruce was NOT a fighter. Gene carried Bruce around and dropped him on his head for fun. Chuck LAUGHED when Bruce told him he'd have to lose to him in a movie.

Besides, anecdotal evidence is MEANINGLESS.

I can start quoting martial artists who claimed that Jet Li and Jackie Chan were 'tough' too.

Objectively, Bruce had no real fight training, never fought anyone worth mentioning, and was a 135 pound hollywood actor.

These are facts, not the respectful mutterings of actors in the 70's who were trying to advance their own careers.

Be more skeptical.

No one claimed he was fighter moran. He was though a trainer of world champions and first rate martial artist per the claims of multiple world champions. Chuck said he'd no idea who'd win a fight FFS. Read the thread. Your opinion is valueless VS those given there just like the OP.

In defense of Bruce Lee! Fighters words, newspaper
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2231940&page=1

baj54 - 
ShamusO'nyou - "If all he ever did was teach us to find the techniques that work best for us as it applies to real fighting it's more important than anything either one of us will ever write I'd guess"

I don't disagree with you but your comparing apples and oranges my friend. Lets not forget Bruce was actually seen performing in gloves very familiar to today's mma gloves along with trying to pull off an arm bar. Bruce was his own fight choreographer so this had to be his idea. This was way before the Gracie's came to America and started the UFC. He may have been an actor but there is no denying he had a martial arts skill way above anybody else at his time. To say that a guy who was a pure amateur boxer could take bonafide martial arts master is crazy talk Phone Post 3.0

What I'm saying is: a professional middleweight boxer with 9 pro KOs and was previously a finalist in the Golden Gloves is a better fighter than a guy who studied and talked about fighting, but never bothered to do any actual fighting. It's common sense, like