Tony Ferguson's Controversial Win

Round 1 was clearly Tony's, and round 2 was clearly Yves'. Fight Metric backs this up, as does actually watching the fight with your eyes open.

The dispute is over who won the last round. It was a close round.....but 30-27 is either incompetent judging or another example of corruption creeping into the sport as more money comes flowing into it.

It was close.

I wouldn't have called it a robbery either way but I scored it 29 - 28 for him.

A good fight.. could have gone either way. I had Turd Ferguson winning. How is there controversy?

I had Tony winning a close fight

Tenor still 10ing - Round 1 was clearly Tony's, and round 2 was clearly Yves'. Fight Metric backs this up, as does actually watching the fight with your eyes open.

The dispute is over who won the last round. It was a close round.....but 30-27 is either incompetent judging or another example of corruption creeping into the sport as more money comes flowing into it.

You know that fightmetric does not back up your claim that Yves won the second round right?
Not saying that he didn't, just pointing out your lie.

29-28 Yves, imo. A draw would've been cool. But 30-27 Ferguson was just bad judging.

I like El Cucuy a lot, but I think Yves won the second and third rounds.  For argument's sake, let's say he didn't, the 30-27 is bullshit!!!

Layzie -   Thanks for the Cucuy interview!

sweet n sassy -
Neil Funk -  not controversial. He won the fight clearly to those who have eyes and watch fights without bias

I was watching with bias towards Yves and I still think Tony won Phone Post

. Phone Post

Surprised it's being called controversial, thought Ferguson did enough.

BIGLuke - 29-28 Yves, imo. A draw would've been cool. But 30-27 Ferguson was just bad judging.

This. Phone Post

mortician - I had it 29-28 for Yves.

Me too, but I was folding laundry while watching that fight.

Regardless of who you think won, the only idiots on this forum are the ones who argue that either side would have been a robbery. A fight that close deserves ZERO criticism about the outcome. Ferguson definitely won the first round, but second and third could have just as easily been scored for Yves. I thought he won the second round. Phone Post

damane08 -
Tenor still 10ing - Round 1 was clearly Tony's, and round 2 was clearly Yves'. Fight Metric backs this up, as does actually watching the fight with your eyes open.

You know that fightmetric does not back up your claim that Yves won the second round right?
Not saying that he didn't, just pointing out your lie.

Lie? that's hilarious.

I confused rds 2 and 3, got them backwards. Rather obvious, I would think. I don't drink often, but when I do....

So, would you like to tell me how wrong I am regarding my assertion the absolute idiocy of 2 judges declaring the fight 30-27?

That was my main point.....not my "lie"...you're funny

But I doubt any rational person on Earth can defend that shady shit....incompetence or corruption, take your pick.

12SixElbow -  It was close.

I wouldn't have called it a robbery either way but I scored it 29 - 28 for him.

I thought it was a terrible decision. I also did not envy the judges in that fight.

Round One - Clearly Ferguson. Landed the bigger shots, had him in trouble and was more active.

Round Two - Edwards. Ferguson was more active, but Edwards had the big flurry early in the round where all the meaningful blows in the round were landed. Based on Ferguson being more active, but the activity resulting in virtually no meaningful landed blows, I gave the second to Edwards based on that early flurry.

Round Three - What the fuck. Both guys seemed content to sit back and trade jabs and the occasional leg or body kick. There was no desperation, there was no hunger and neither guy did much of anything that made them stand out.

I would score the fight a draw, but a 29-28 for either guy could be argued. 30-27 is straight retard mode.

Definately a win for Tony. Yves is a legend and I love the way he fights. It is worthless to imagine what ifs, but if that fight went 5 rounds Yves takes it.

i had it 30 27 for ferguson none of yves strikes were effective

Tony Ferguson vs. Yves Edwards

Round 1
Ferguson starts out throwing kicks. He continues with this approach and hits three solid leg kicks. A headkick from Edwards lands. He follows with a solid left. Ferguson hits an uppercut right down the middle. A right by Ferguson hurts Edwards. A right hook from Ferguson connects another right hand rocks Edwards. Ferguson is looking for a finish. The round ends in entertaining fashion with both men attacking.

Freddie DeFreitas scores the round 10-9 Ferguson
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Ferguson
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Ferguson

Round 2
Ferguson connects with a lead uppercut and then a jab. Edwards fires back, and Ferguson's nose is bloody. Now Ferguson throws a rear-hand uppercut and finds a home for it. Edwards with a straight left and a jab, followed by a counter right-left. Ferguson now stalking Edwards around the cage, but Edwards lands an overhand left. Ferguson lands right back. Edwards tries a high kick, but it's blocked. High kick from Ferguson is blocked, now. Edwards whiffs on a left hook and tries a double-leg, but it's stuffed. Ferguson hits a double-leg of his own and plants Edwards on his butt as the round expires.

Freddie DeFreitas scores the round 10-9 Ferguson
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-10
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Ferguson

Round 3
Ferguson lands a stiff jab to start round three and follows it with a body kick. Edwards answers with a hard leg kick. Lead-right straight by Ferguson, then Edwards leaps in with a right hook. Ferguson connects with another body kick. Edwards lands and inside leg kick but eats a right-hand counter. Ferguson pushes forward and lands another jab. Another body kick from Ferguson. Lead-hand superman punch from Ferguson is answered by a leg kick from Edwards. Nice straight left lands from Edwards, then another. Uppercut-hook-head kick combo from Edwards lands, then Ferguson attempts a sloppy backfist. Edwards hits n inside leg kick. Ferguson comes back with a lead-leg sidekick. Neither man can find the sweet spot, but the work rate is phenomenal. Ferguson whiffs on a superman punch, then stuffs a takedown attempt. Both men pawing for distance now, and Ferguson lands a jab. Both men throw as the round expires in another close round.

Freddie DeFreitas scores the round 10-9 Edwards (29-28 Ferguson)
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Ferguson (30-28 Ferguson
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Ferguson (30-27 Ferguson)

Official scores: 30-27 (twice) and 29-28, all for the winner by unanimous decision, Tony Ferguson.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/TUF-14-Finale-Live-Results-and-Play-by-Play-37679

"You know?"