Top 10 GOATs ranked according to Tapology

Not sure DC or Stipe belong in the top 10

Rashad has him at #2 alltime.

1 Like

That was in his Eagle FC contract to hype Khabib.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Move Aldo up to #2. Move Milcic & Usman out and move Cruz & Cejudo in

1 Like

Shogun had one good year, 17 years ago. His UFC record is shit, 11-11-1.

2 Likes

Even 6 is generous imo. He never beat a champion. Only beat one “at one time champ”, missed weight multiple times, never fought rematches etc. Great career but many shortcomings when in the GOAT discussion.

2 Likes

Kamaru Usman has 2 more title defenses than Khabib and is still fighting.

On what planet would kabib be higher?

3 Likes

Masvidal being two of those defenses puts Usman back down to Khabib’s level. One more defense by Usman would seal the deal.

As time goes on, more and more fighters will have those huge undefeated records and Khabib’s won’t look so special anymore and people will stop over rating him as an all-time great.

Lol at what Rashad thinks you queer.

This list is definitely closer to what mine would be, but Anderson and MM at six and seven? They would be higher up for me and Jones would be lower. I wouldn’t put Khabib or DC in my top ten.

1 Like

Yeah. For as much as I love DC I think what he did wasn’t enough. Him moving down to 205 definitely put a damper on his legacy being that he was already established as a dominant fighter at HW. He started fighting late and I don’t think he accomplished enough and split his time between divisions. Becoming the two division champ helped but I don’t have him in my top 10.

Stipe should have been in the top 10 but here are my problems there:

1. He is too inactive. He has had 18 UFC fights in 11 years. That is 1.63 fights per year, less than two (he was only really active the first few years of his UFC tenure)

2. His run over the last few years has been a lot of rematches and fighting the same guys. His last six fights:

JDS, Francis, DC, DC, DC, Francis

He has only defended the belt against DC, Francis, JDS and Overeem.

2 Likes

Fedor - like 10 years undefeated in Pride as a heavyweight?

I would think that resume would hold more value than 7th.

3 Likes

I don’t know about Cejudo but Cruz for sure. If you’re the clear GOAT of your weight class then you should be in the top 10 all time.

Plus DC fought the same guys over and over. 7 different people in 14 fights. It’s a who’s who list of who he didn’t fight at HW.

2 Likes

Finishing almost everyone in a sensational fashion as well

That’s why I mentioned above that if you’re the best ever in your weight class, you should be on that list.

Just depends on what is most important to you in terms of criteria.

1 Like

Yeah that too. A big problem was because he split his time between divisions, he didn’t accomplish enough in either one.

Don’t forget his Strikeforce HW GP!

Yeah, but he never fought Werdum, Overeem or Fedor, and they were all there.

1 Like

His fights in the UFC were after his prime, and therefore do not count. During his run in Pride, he was something special to watch. People who watched him then know. Those who didn’t…wear Affliction.

This was the biggest issue when people were trying to crown Cain the GOAT. Look at his opponents. All the same guys. And let’s not pretend they were all-time great rivalries, either.

4 Likes