Top prospect that you never bought the hype for?

jgiveshead - 

Conor.  Lost so fucking much money betting against that guy.  If I take out just his "losses", I come out positive overall.

The crazy thing is I still fucking bet against the guy.  My brain keeps going back and looking at his obvious skill as "he just got lucky".

One of my biggest bets (top 3) was picking Floyd over Conor... can't remember the exact details but it was a prop bet, something like "Floyd inside of 9", might have been 10.  I remember watching it live... completely delighted for Conor, but again fucking flabbergasted at what I was watching.  It looked to me like Conor was walking away with it until the stoppage. 

I won the money but fuck betting on Conor fights anymore.  I'm out.

Same. I got killed on the Aldo fight. I thought he was a one handed, one dimensional fighter and Aldo was going to crash the hype train.

Then Alvarez would going to make it a war and break him

I bet that he wouldn’t land more than 25 punches in the Mayweather fight.

wiggum - 
Frank Mir Cat - 

Khabib

Once Justin smeshes him, people will go look at his record and realize he hasn't beat anyone...bloated Featherweights Conor and Dustin? Decisoned Iaquinta who had short notice...believe it was a post USADA RDA...

His GOAT talk is laughable IMO, guy was a ducker and pull out artist his whole way up the ladder.

What a bizarre post.

Khabib has beat every type of fighter and his hit list is phenominal. Discount everything else and you are still left with a PRE USADA RDA right before his run started and a prime Dustin Porrier.

You say bizarre, I say troll.

Further, Khabib has defended the belt multiple times, which means he’s far removed from any discussion including the word, “prospect”.

No hate towards him but Sean O’Malley 

Lurker99 - Brandon Vera. I remember that fight where he called out Chuck in the crowd saying he was going to take both belts. I felt the same thing Chuck's expression said... who the fuck is this clown?

First name that comes to kind when I see these threads…

HYBRID JON - 
Lurker99 - Brandon Vera. I remember that fight where he called out Chuck in the crowd saying he was going to take both belts. I felt the same thing Chuck's expression said... who the fuck is this clown?

First name that comes to kind when I see these threads…

That’s a good one. On paper, he had the perfect resume. But, watching him fight never gave me much faith. Plus, I was the only person on the forum who agreed with the Randy decision–but, I was a huge Randy mark at the time.

Brock Lesnar. 

Sage, Houston Alexander, Sokodjou (sp?!) the tall Norwegian dude HW

Hype I bought and was wayyyy wrong:  David Terrell, Luiz Cane, Chieck Kongo, Cody Garbrandt

I don’t know that a lot of people on here get what a prospect is. Dudes are all like “I knew Weidman and Pettis weren’t shit” when they were world champions and shit lol. TF are you talking about? Acting like you got it right because they didn’t turn into a GOAT isn’t impressive, as it can be said about all but like 4-5 fighters ever.

Rickmassmma - I don't know that a lot of people on here get what a prospect is. Dudes are all like "I knew Weidman and Pettis weren't shit" when they were world champions and shit lol. TF are you talking about? Acting like you got it right because they didn't turn into a GOAT isn't impressive, as it can be said about all but like 4-5 fighters ever.

Agreed, multiple time defenders of their belts.  Pettis beat Henderson in WEC for that belt and then beat him in the UFC for that belt.  Pettis absolutely doesn't belong on this list.