Torres takes responsibily for twitter firing

Humphrey - 
MentaL -    You don't need to apologise Miguel. Dana needs to apologise for his crock of shit calls. Lorenzo needs to get another guy in to work with Dana because the stress is evidently getting to him. As a fan of the sport I don't want it represented by a load mouth bald headed man with godfather syndrome.

thankfully Torres has a bit more intelligence than that and he's done the right thing.

excellent job Torres. very nice.

You are correct.

Cindy

maybe dana should just write a list of things they can/cannot say.

if was a fucking joke not pointed at anyone

not like calling some journalist a cunt

stevekt - Instead of telling him he's been "fired" they should just tell him he's been put on "permanent vacation". Everyone loves vacation. Phone Post

I see what you did there. Phone Post

Punishment doesn't fit the crime. Was he wrong? Yes. Is this extreme? Obviously.

Would Torres think it was funny if anyone joked about raping his wife or daughter? With an attitude like that, has he ever raped them himself? I think his "joke" was just as funny as Griffin's, ie, not at all.

Sounds like lawyer talk to me Phone Post

After this blows over, the UFC needs to bring him back.

amack10 - just an fyi but the day he posted the comment that episode of its always sunny was on. i watched it

Dennis from it's always sunny said "that is not a quote from our show" on twitter. Did miguel alter or expand on what was said on the show?

Fuck Michael landsberg for ambushing Dana with this on the air and almost costing someone their career over a quote from a tv show. Interested why nobody's said this yet ^^ Phone Post

obviously coached but i'm glad he went this way instead of copping an attitude.

MentaL -    You don't need to apologise Miguel. Dana needs to apologise for his crock of shit calls. Lorenzo needs to get another guy in to work with Dana because the stress is evidently getting to him. As a fan of the sport I don't want it represented by a load mouth bald headed man with godfather syndrome.

No he doesn't need to apologize but the UFC doesn't need to employ him either. He represented the ufc poorly and they decided to distance themselves. THIS IS MIGUEL'S FAULT quit blaming Dana !!!! Everyone blaming anyone but Miguel is stupid. Phone Post

Dmoney35 - 
MentaL -    You don't need to apologise Miguel. Dana needs to apologise for his crock of shit calls. Lorenzo needs to get another guy in to work with Dana because the stress is evidently getting to him. As a fan of the sport I don't want it represented by a load mouth bald headed man with godfather syndrome.
No he doesn't need to apologize but the UFC doesn't need to employ him either. He represented the ufc poorly and they decided to distance themselves. THIS IS MIGUEL'S FAULT quit blaming Dana !!!! Everyone blaming anyone but Miguel is stupid. Phone Post

The thing that I don't get is, Rashad makes light of little boys getting raped and it's ok, but Miguel makes a joke about a rape van and gets cut. It seems like rape jokes are ok in the UFC as long as they're about little boys.

pickledsoylentgreen -
Dmoney35 - 

The thing that I don't get is, Rashad makes light of little boys getting raped and it's ok, but Miguel makes a joke about a rape van and gets cut. It seems like rape jokes are ok in the UFC as long as they're about little boys.

It was all timing that's it Phone Post

You can see how people could interpret that as bias though, right. I do believe he got screwed, personally, but he should have never put himself in that type of situation. Phone Post

It just tells us that, making rape jokes is much worse than cheating by injecting your body full of steroids. Phone Post

pickledsoylentgreen - You can see how people could interpret that as bias though, right. I do believe he got screwed, personally, but he should have never put himself in that type of situation. Phone Post

There's def a gray area I fully think he will be reinstated fairly soon. It seems unfair but if he was the first guy to make a statement like this lately I bet he's still in the UFC. It's just horrible timing really really unbelievable Phone Post

pickledsoylentgreen - It just tells us that, making rape jokes is much worse than cheating by injecting your body full of steroids. Phone Post

They need a disciplinary system in place Phone Post

sgotwalks - Why have they not drawn up an official UFC Constitution

Because there is no consistancy in the promotion. One guy can do something and if another guy does the same thing then the outcome is different. If there was a constitution then it would force them to treat all fighters equally.

SleepBomb -  maybe dana should just write a list of things they can/cannot say.

if was a fucking joke not pointed at anyone

not like calling some journalist a cunt

Who did that?

Cindy

Dougie - 
sgotwalks - Why have they not drawn up an official UFC Constitution

Because there is no consistancy in the promotion. One guy can do something and if another guy does the same thing then the outcome is different. If there was a constitution then it would force them to treat all fighters equally.

Exactly, and it is what will forever keep this organization from attaining the same level of respect as the other major sports organizations. It's unfortunate, but it is also ridiculous and inexplicable. I want Cindy O ro respond to to my constitution post on page 2 rather than posts about who called which reporter a cunt. Why not a code of conduct which applies to all with consistent punishments to all who offend? Enough is enough when it comes to Dana acting impulsively and with no consistency when real people (fighters) livelihoods are at stake.