Toughill or Coenen for Cyborg Title SHOT?

I want to shed a little more light on the subject in case people did not read my interviews or know what went on with my fight. My contract was NOT settled in time for the fight Aug 15th. My "stand in" contract was never settled. Contrary to what someone is saying, WEIGHT was NOT an issue as to why I would not fight. My last fight I weighed under 145, so it was nothing like that.

Marloes (and Golden Glory) were starting rumors that she was going to fight me Aug 15th, which was not the case. Considering Marloes' record since 2007, she is NOT the next choice for a title shot OR a title eliminator fight. She was brought in last minute and as a SECOND choice for the stand in. She has openly stated she has NOT signed w SF, yet she is still saying she's next in line. Since my comeback last year, I have had more women turn down a fight with me than I can count or care to name. But Sara Kaufman, Vanessa Porto, Kelly Kobald, Yoko Takhashi (who fights everyone lol)are some of them. So my last few opponents might not have been as "experienced" as my earlier opponents, but most were undefeated, and I gave them their first losses. I cannot help if people do not want to fight me, but I refuse to fight pro debuters or girls with horrible records; its not fair to myself OR the fans.

Coenen's record since 2007 is as follows: The girls she's beaten have records as follows:
3-3
16-15
2-3
0-6
1-1
0-6

Marloes got her ass kicked UD by Roxy (who is a force in the 135 division) She just lost to a PRO DEBUTER when she was 16-2, and of course I KOd her in 2004. How would she think she deserves a shot at the title when shes not even WINNING OR beating ppl with winning records??!!

Coenen is a great fighter and a tough woman; I have much respect for her. She has been around a very long time like myself, and has definintely helped womens MMA overseas. But this is what will make womens MMA seem like a joke when ppl who are not deserving of a title shot would get it. Ive also worked my butt off for TEN YEARS to get a shot like this. SF might even have a "plan", even with all of this, and we will see....

Gina is a friend of mine and was sad to see her lose. She has single handedly helped womens MMA blow up, and I am so thankful for that. Cyborg worked very hard and she was the better fighter that night & deserved that belt. But Cyborg also showed a lot of weaknesses in her fight...and that technique, straight punches, and being a bigger fighter, give her big problems. I feel if Gina coulda been mentally tougher, she woulda won. But I am patient, and will be here no matter what. I want that fight with Cyborg and will take the title back to Las Vegas with me & keep it for a looong time to come.

Thank you to the fans & hope that helps a little bit...and more news to come

Erin Toughill

I hope you do.

Take the bull by the horns....

I would like to see Erin vs. Santos....

I would actually like to see you fight her. People know who you are and you have a good following. Maybe Coenen can fight Gina and then Coenen/Carano can fight the winner of you vs. Cyborg.

Not only do I think Erin should be the next opponent for Cyborg, I think she wins.

Been saying this for weeks now.

Good read, i'd like to hear Sarah's response as to why she wouldn't fight you.

I'd love to see a 8 women tourney to see who gets the title shot but i'd like to have you fight Cyborg while the other 8 fight it out for the shot at You / Cyborg

ERIN ALL DAY

TomBSupraT - Good read, i'd like to hear Sarah's response as to why she wouldn't fight you.

I'd love to see a 8 women tourney to see who gets the title shot but i'd like to have you fight Cyborg while the other 8 fight it out for the shot at You / Cyborg
Sarah answered in the thread that Erin references. In short, they are in different weight classes. With all due respect to Erin, it doesn't make sense for Sarah to move up to 145 unless she cleans out 135.

I am curious whether Erin feels sharp with a long layoff. She hasn't fought since February, where Cyborg has 2 fights in that same time period.

hey, in their defense i wouldnt fight you either hon

Zedlepln - Sarah answered in the thread that Erin references. In short, they are in different weight classes. With all due respect to Erin, it doesn't make sense for Sarah to move up to 145 unless she cleans out 135.

I am curious whether Erin feels sharp with a long layoff. She hasn't fought since February, where Cyborg has 2 fights in that same time period.

Thanks, I seem to remember that thread now that you mention it.

If you get the title shot, you will probably bet beaten up pretty badly. Cyborg is brutal.

Good luck though.

Toughill for Cyborgisation!

Erin, do you live/train full time in Las Vegas, NV now?

Official theme song for this thread

(does a 4 step combo to the beat into a spin)

but anyways, erin when was the last time you fought? it would make sense from a marketing and from a fighting perspective to have a warmup

Serious question...

Of the fighters Erin listed, just how many of them turned down a fight w/ her due to weight class being an issue? I can't fault someone who can make weight at 135 not wanting to give her opponent (in this case Erin) what is tantamount to a 10 lbs weight advantage.

I give Erin all the credit in the world for being able to make 145 (seriously, one realizes that this is quite an accomplishment because even at 165 she looked lean and in remarkable physical condition), but there does seem to be a larger talent pool of accomplished fighters at the lower weight class.

I remember a similar thread a couple years ago where you wanted to box Ali and when I simply said that she was probably out of your league in boxing, you blew up like a third grader.

I hope, if you do get the fight and win the title, you represent yourself a little better. People aren't always going to agree with you.

One thing, Erin was on the "big stage" via Ali, long before there was a "face of Women's MMA". She will not be overwhelmed.

Erin Toughill - Marloes got her ass kicked UD by Roxy (who is a force in the 135 division)

Marloes didn't get "her ass kicked" by Roxy (I don't think even Roxy herself would characterize it that way). But rather, it was a close fight where Roxy edged out a split-decision (not a UD).

And while I agree that Marloes doesn't deserve a title shot at this point, since she's just coming off a loss to a newcomer and hasn't had a significant win in years - neither have you.

In MMA, you have fought 4 times in the last 5 years against relative no-names and mostly minor-league opponents. So while you should still be ahead of Coenen in line to get the next title shot - it's mostly by default. Because you haven't really staked an emphatic claim to contendership yourself.

TTT 

Erin, we need to make you a highlight reel. Hit me up and I'll hook it up.