Trivia time (pic)

Bustamante Lindland

1 Like

I have one. Who respects the hands of Forrest Griffin?

Roy Jones Jr

LOL

1 Like

Correct with RJJ

Your turn to make a question!

who were the three fighters Babalu beat in one night?

That`s easy for me because I worked for the IFC and worked that show :slight_smile:

1 Like

thats so fucking wicked I cant even begin to tell you haha.

I guess Iā€™ll throw a curveball in there and say, which of the three times he did it am I talking about?

obviously Im talking about the IFC event and not his brazil days.

I wasnt aware of his other tournament wins.That show at the Pepsi Center almost didnt happen because of the cage.It was brand new and we stopped in LA to pick it up on our way to Denver.We never got a chance to set it up before the show.After we set it up,a huge bubble appeared right near the IFC logo.Luckily the Commission decided to let it go.

2 Likes

this is what I mean when I say to colleagues etc that my MMA knowledge is rudimentary compared to some guys I know.

guys like yourself are on another level haha.

Not only was there a huge bubble that occured because of the heat,but the Pepsi Center ended up smelling like spray paint after all of the brand new pipe insulation that was white when we bought it needed to be painted.I had the task of spray painting the pipe insulation in our trailer that the cage goes in.

The IFC letters in the middle of the cage was spray painted by a tagger in the Sheraton Hotel parking lot on the side of a motorhome.because we didn`t have enough time to find a company who could do it.

Babalu picked up $50,000 dollars that night along with the strap.

1 Like

quite correct. I trained with Bustamante in Brazil and interviewed him for Full Contact Fighter. I asked him about that fight and he said that, due to this experience with Lindland, he tells all his guys not to let go of submissions until the referee is pulling them off. This is why Palhares is a monster. I rolled with Bustamante, but never with Palhares, and Iā€™m not sure I would if I had the chance ā€¦

6 Likes

Looks like you answered your own question back in 2017, OP.

Also, I remembered this guy the other day. Anybody know what happened to him?

That is The Garv AKA Crazy Zimmerman.Real name is Kevin Garvey and the last I heard was that he was still ring announcing.His website is down so I don`t know.

TTT for info on Kevin.

I forgot about The Garv. He pretty much disappeared from here without a trace.

I`ll go ahead and ask another questionā€¦

This fighter got the nick name ā€œThe Giant Killerā€ who was it?

Minowa

1 Like

You educated me here HKP.I didn`t know that there were two Giant Killers.I was looking for the heating & air conditioning guru Keith Hackney after beating the massive Emmanuel Yarborough.

Excellent job!

2 Likes

The forum is a little slow soā€¦
Which fighter is a pilot & owns his own airplane?

Hint) He trained at AKA ^^^