Trivia time (pic)

I can`t embed the video but Tank talks about in this thread and there is a little footage of the fight.You can spot Dan The Wolfman in the first video.

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/tank-abbott-allangoes-waliid-ismail-incidents/1907953

Dennisv isn`t asking a question so I will askā€¦

Who did Tank try & throw out of the cage?

Cal Worthington

3 Likes

and his dog spottt

1 Like

But,but Cal Worthingtons dog spot wasnt a dog it was a tiger,lion or a monkey that was in his commercials.

1 Like

truff

I`m glad that you decided to join the new forum HKP.You are a valuable member.Make sure that you change your settings to watching instead of tracking so you can keep track of every thread that you post in.
You can also change what it says by our name (pro member) if you contact Chris.I have not changed mine yet.

3 Likes

I cant remember if they had odds out at the time,but the first time they fought the champion was the underdog (at least by the concensus at the time) Its only happened twice that I can remember,but who was the 1st champion in the UFC to be the underdog? and who was it against?

1 Like

when BJ Penn fought Jens Pulver?

2 Likes

Exellent answer Wombat.It was Jens & BJ Penn.

Alright. How about this one: These two fighters fought each other twice on the same night and each one won once.

Sakuraba and Conan Silviera?

3 Likes

You are correct sir. Although, truthfully, the first match was declared a no contest so Conan didnā€™t win the first one. He just lost the second one.

Hereā€™s an easy one: The time a fighter was submitted twice in the same fight.

That one I don`t know or have a guess.

*I did see it happen at WEC with Brian Sleeman.

Hint: This fight may be the reason Rousimar Palhares would not let go of submissions.

Ah I was wondering about that. Thanks for these useful tips!

Also I will let you and everyone else know, unfortunately thereā€™s a daily limit for likes/up votes.

I reached mine a few hours ago and I am not sure why thereā€™s a limit. I like spreading love to posters/post I enjoy.

1 Like

Somehow the process in which to change your settings is different now.Chris or the Top Men must have changed something.You use to have to click on your avatar on the top right,and then click on the man underneath & then click on preferences and then click on interface to change it.Nowā€¦not so much.

How do I change my settings to watching instead of tracking? I just tried clicking on my preferences and didnā€™t see an option for either.

I think that something has changed on my end.Just repeat the process that I explained & hopefully you will see Interface after you click on preferences.From there you use to be able to change from tracking to watching.I don`t see that option any more.Are you able to see ALL of your posts in the threads that you post in?

Nobody? I thought this would be an easy one.

In one UFC fight, a fighter was submitted twice and both times the referee intervened and stopped the fight. However, he re-started the fight after the first instance and the fighter went on to get submitted a second time. The winning fighter had learned his lesson from the first instance and kept the submission on until it was very clear the other fighter was tapping. He then went on to advise his students to do the same, which led to a certain person holding submissions for a questionable amount of time.

2 Likes