Trivia time (pic)

Alright moving on.This UFC fighter pulled out of alot of fights,but never had a point scored against him in submission wrestling…

I know that he also beat Vernon “Tiger” White & Scott Adams in submission wrestling…

Opponent W/L Method Competition Weight Stage Year
Dean Lister W Pts: 2x0 Gracie Open ABS SPF 2002
Bobby Southworth W Points West Coast GQ ABS 4F 2002
Todd Margolis W Heel hook West Coast GQ ABS SF 2002
Cameron Earle W N/A West Coast GQ ABS F 2002
Keith Rockel W Points ADCC Trials 88KG F 2003
Akira Shoji W Points ADCC 88KG R1 2003
Fernando Margarida W Points ADCC 88KG 4F 2003
Saulo Ribeiro L Referee Decision ADCC 88KG SF 2003
Ricardo Almeida W Botinha ADCC 88KG 3PLC 2003
David Avellan W Points Gracie Open 88KG SPF 2003

The answer to the last trivia question was David Terrell.

David was Cesar Gracie`s first black belt.

Next question that I hopefully word ok.

This next fighter was a Pride fighter that had his own signature technique.He came over to the UFC and was defeated by his own signature technique.

Who was it?

CroCop with the LHK. Ko’d by Gorgonzola.

1 Like

Nice one Dennisv.It was Mirko Cro Cop who got beat by Gabriel Gonzaga in an upset.

LOL Gorgonzola

I remember

1 Like

Dave pulled out of alot of fights mainly because of his ears,but he also had neck problems.I seen him fight Vernon “Tiger” White in the IFC with wrestling head gear on.

Heavyweight Tim Sylvia def. Andrei Arlovski (c) TKO (punches) 1 2:43 [a]
Welterweight Sean Sherk def. Nick Diaz Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Light Heavyweight Tito Ortiz def. Forrest Griffin Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 29–27) 3 5:00
Middleweight Evan Tanner def. Justin Levens Submission (triangle choke) 1 3:14 [b]
Heavyweight Jeff Monson def. Marcio Cruz Decision (split) (30–27, 29–28, 28–29) 3 5:00
Preliminary Card
Welterweight Karo Parisyan def. Nick Thompson Submission (punches) 1 4:44
Middleweight David Terrell def. Scott Smith Submission (rear-naked choke) 1 3:08
Light Heavyweight Jason Lambert def. Terry Martin TKO (punches) 2 2:37 [c]
Welterweight Thiago Alves def. Derrick Noble TKO (punches) 1 2:54

Was There , Terrell was on the card

RIP Justin Levens

Damn Nice card

Yeah there was some type of controversy with that fight.

Hands Of Stone

Scott was another NorCal fighter who`s career I followed.Especially after he beat my boy Tim McKenzie in the WEC Lt Heavyweight tournament.He won the strap that night,but vacated it to be on TUF.

Wrecking Machine

I would have liked to see Tim go further in his career.It dropped off a little bit after he left Cesar Gracie`s.He did end up fighting in the UFC.Him and Nick Diaz had a falling out after he left and was supposed to fight each other in the ICFO,but the promotion went out of business.

kimbo oops way late

1 Like

Not a problem.

I posted the GIF`s on top of each other and they stopped and ended up side by side.I uploaded them again on Imgur & now they are moving but side by side again.

Dana White was going to bet $250,000 on his fighter against Pride`s fighter in Pride.

What fighters was the bet placed on? UFC vs Pride