Trouble in MN.

MN Kid
We have been working on this for well over a year.

I understand that you didn't get to see many shows when you were 14 - but the sport has already advanced far beyond what it was just 18 months ago.

While your support and snide comments on the UG have been very helpful I would ask that if you really want to be involved - then jump on. Otherwise - as the Goat says...

Fund raising idea... MN Kid works with the goat for a beat-a-thon. I will give $25 per minute for the cause.

ttt

TTT

not good...

they have added the bill to an omnibus bill and are sneaking it in under the radar. i went down to the legislature today to try and make sure all the language was out of the house bill, and got put in the hotseat. they allowed me to help draft an ammendment which will allow for 4 mma comissioners added to the boxing commission, but they were insistant that it happen this year under the boxing commission. i tried my best, but it looks like it's happening regardless, of what the mn mma community says it wants.

this basically will mean promoters will have added expenses of $3000-$5000 per show in fees. it's bullshit, but it looks too late now.

bummer, but try to keep an open mind and work with them.

I hope you struck out the language that lets them set different fees per event. That is the thing that really sets that bill apart from anything other than completely nuts. Try to get in amended again to set a standard fee of 3% or 5%. Otherwise MMA may be done.

Sorry to hear that.

How does the language read regarding the fees? Perhaps there is a way to use the boxing commissions greed against them. In ND we have 3% of gross revenue, and 1.5% against pay-per-view etc. If they are limited to a max of 5K by statute, maybe they can be convinced to go a % rate to try to pick up additional revenue on potentially larger shows, or pay per views.

TTT

ttt

I fucking knew it

ttt

After the first session where the language was striken from the bill, I made this thread. Knowing full well we didn't defeat big gov. Everyone told me to take off my tinfoil hat and get some sleep, don't worry we have one more year so lets regulate ourselves, they hit us while we were sleeping, they only care about getting their money, they actually used " we are doing this for the safety of the citizens" wtf, not one citizen has been hurt at my shows, so maybe next time when I ride through town yelling the British are coming people won't say I am paranoid.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

fokkers

ttt

ttt

I think we may be jumping a bit too quick-

It is still on a house bill but there is no corresponding bill in the Senate.  Finance committee that was meeting at 2 got rescheduled for 7 this evening.  IT'S STILL IN COMMITTEE---  This is far from done

there is a corresponding senate bill: sf1825. it's in committee, but they wont say when they will be talking about the differences between the bills. the sense i got, was they pretended to ask questions of me, but had made their minds up already about mma being sanctioned this year. i think someone has some pull over there, beyond what is visable to us.

i encourage anyone to try and testify, but my feeling is they have made up their minds. i don't agree with what they are doing, but it's the best i could do given the circumstances. they do have legitmate concerns about shitty shows being thrown. all the bullshit that has happened by irresponsible promoters, is now being paid for by people who do legitamate shows. it really isn't fair.

i got caught off guard yesterday, and had to think on my toes regarding what was the best thing they would offer. they kept haggling over the number of people that would be added to the commission. we settled on 4 because there are 5 members one of whom is required to be a judge. the idea is supposedly that the judge is independant, then we're left 4 and 4 to represent each sport. we still have time to influence who is appointed.

the percentage fee is not explicit, but it's set at a minimum $1500. licensing fees are all being upped. i wish i knew where all the money is going??? and why the fees are increasing?